//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: '85 SELVY 200R Build

Bustos82 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Damn those are some bad ass trikes....

--
    Great thread with awesome pics.

Also, thanks for posting the old articles.

Enjoyed reading and learning a few things. What's Coyote racing?

--
    I LIKE THE 250 BETTER,,,HANDS DOWN! Gorgeous pair Andy. Real beauts!! Now all I need is the sweet smell of gallons of Cam2 and dirt in the air and a screaming pack of 15 others and the few Tecates,and I'm right back in the day!" A main riders to the starting line,5 minutes""

--
    Very nice job.Marty Hart and Mike Coe should be jealous !

--
    love your trikes i am trying to do the same as you but cant find parts anywhere i am looking for short track tank kit and front number plate if there is any thing you can do it would be much apericated i live in ireland i have a paulturner pipe got & lonestar axle few other we bits many thanks tom

--
    Tontom,I won't speak for Andy,,but to do what HE is doing.......Takes,,MONTHS of hours on the computer,,hunting,scouting,waiting,following leads,,NOT too mention the cash,,the actual time OF THE BUILD. THE knowledge to spot rare parts when everyone else passes them by,, The understanding, or neglect,of your family.. Ok,,Whoa,,nothing personal,,neglect, probably NOT being the best choice of words.. But It takes T I M E ,, TIME that very few can only imagine. How long have you already spent??!! How do I know this,,because I am absolutely guilty as charged for doing the same thing. He could give you a rough estimate of how many MONTHS,24/7,it has taken him to acquire these goodies!! But that's what makes these so special! Not only cool pieces,,but minty fresh and clean!! .

--
    Them look great.
    ]1986 ATC 330R
    1985 ATC 250R vintage PSI racing ported motor
    Get your replacement ATC 250R decals and custom Big Bore #'s here http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/catego...=2&pagegroup=1

--
    Andy, those machines make me wanna punt a poodle through a stained glass window, they're that awesome! One question though, did the PC on the pipes turn brown from hitting operating temp or is it just funky lighting in the pics?
    ADMIRIN' BOOBS AND BLASTIN' NEWBS

--
    Thanks guys!
    Ninja, the 250 pipe is a natural patina from new I'd guess. I've not touched that pipe with anything. The 200R pipe I coated in a high temp bronze metallic. Kinda wish I'd returned it to bare and traced the welds for an old school natural look. I could always strip it someday??
    You'd laugh, (or be like "WTF") but I've yet to fire that 200. Just too many projects and family affairs. Honestly, kinda hitting me here....I've never even kicked it and tried.
    I'm hoping to ride it in the our annual local fair parade next weekend in full ATC dress. BTW, is your warranty still good? (LOL) I might put fluids in it and give'er a spin tomorrow. Been long over due. Hope she'll run after this long without too many head aches. At this point it's probably foolish to reveal my silly procrastinations.... Keep your fingers crossed for me!
    I know... Bet you're really shaking your head. Suppose you want it back now, huh? (embarrassed)

lazybiker79 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Red face

Great build, I love it

--
    So last weekend I finally got the somewhat finished 200R out to trot. I had a bad coil installed, so a little head scratching was involved. After that was remedied it ran excellent, but leaked oil pretty good from the center case gasket. No worries though, as I plan to document it's innards with a good overhaul and exterior paint at some point. I didn't want to look foolish with a leaker dripping oil like a Harley, so I trimmed a couple baby diapers and neatly tucked them under the engine skid for the short ride. Worked real good. Only problem is I forgot to torque the rear sprocket bolts.... There was only one of four left at the end of the parade route and IT was hanging half way out. I'm sure some trained onlookers saw the bolts as they exiting the sprocket hub in laughter. Still just a fool at heart, I guess! Thankfully, nothing derailed!
    Here's a couple pictures of the slow ride. Waiting on more pics from friends & family. I'll post more if and when I get 'em.

Thanks 007 ~VVV
    Tontom,I won't speak for Andy,,but to do what HE is doing.......Takes,,MONTHS of hours on the computer,,hunting,scouting,waiting,following leads,,NOT too mention the cash,,the actual time OF THE BUILD. THE knowledge to spot rare parts when everyone else passes them by,, The understanding, or neglect,of your family.. Ok,,Whoa,,nothing personal,,neglect, probably NOT being the best choice of words.. But It takes T I M E ,, TIME that very few can only imagine. How long have you already spent??!! How do I know this,,because I am absolutely guilty as charged for doing the same thing. He could give you a rough estimate of how many MONTHS,24/7,it has taken him to acquire these goodies!! But that's what makes these so special! Not only cool pieces,,but minty fresh and clean!!
    Just reread a few comments and well.... Hate to admit it but your not far off.
    My better half has accused me of "neglect" too. Shame on me....... I'm already over it! (LOL).
    Got a real keeper of a family!

Last edited by Buster Brown; 06-11-2011 at 08:21 PM.

--
    Beyond Awesome Andy..
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Riding next to your son behind an unstyled A putting along.. Good day indeed! Thanx for sharing!!

--
    Very nice. I do have one question. About the boost bottle, 2 and 3 cylinder 2-stroke sleds use them to help smooth out burble at idle. I always kind of assumed it was a multi-cylinder 2-stroke thing. Im curious as to the purpose of the boost bottle on a single. Not trying to be critical, or a wiseguy in any way. Im asking in earnest...

Again, awesome trike!
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Short answer ,it stores the intake charge for a slight millisecond,and gives the intake a quick,"burp" or charge. much more efficient on some engines than others.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //