//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 93/94 CR's ??

haggard 2hundie is offline Would rather be at the front of the train than Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

93/94 CR's ??

looking to get a dirtbike after a long time with out one, ive heard the 93/94 CR's are some of the best of the best? any truth to this or any comments? any way i figure on trying to save up a g note then use some tax money should be able to get a good running bike for under 1500 ?

--
    You should be able to find a great 2 stroke for a $1000 expecially if your looking for a older one. I sold my 2000 yz 125 this spring it had a fresh nickel plated cylinder and new plastic i had a hard time selling it for $1000 dirt bikes are hard to sell just look on craigslist. id recommend an aluminum framed cr 250
    "I'm Kind Of Like The Turtle Man Of 3Wheelers."

1986 Honda 350X
    1985 Honda 250R
    1985 Honda 200X

haggard 2hundie is offline Would rather be at the front of the train than Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    95 ? is that when they sarted using the aluminum frames ? and why do u suggest these ?

--
    97 was the first year of aluminum framed cr250s. Honda switched mostly cause of strength they claim that the aluminum frame is stronger,more rigid, and lighter weight. They are more of a perimeter frame which give you a lower center of gravity.Just look how many freestyle guys still run these and i know nobody prolly rides that hard with a sane mind. Almost anybody thats rode alot of crs think the 2000-2001 is the best years smoother powerband. If im not mistaken i think its the last year for a mechanical powervalve i think they went to some kind of electronic thing after that. But this is all splitting hairs if your just starting out get a bike that you feel most comfortable riding and go test ride as many as you can.
    "I'm Kind Of Like The Turtle Man Of 3Wheelers."

1986 Honda 350X
    1985 Honda 250R
    1985 Honda 200X

--
    make a trip out to ny and ill sell/trade ya mine plus a parts bike!
    1985 Quad Killer
    1985 Mini Raag

1985 Green Gobbin X2!!

1990 Kawasaki 300sx
    feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...light=code200k
    If you have done deals with me please leave me feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    No kidding, I think we need to bring trikes back just to weed out the retards.
    R.I.P

--
    i personaly like the steel framed bike alot, only issue i had with 92-96 cr250 and 93-97 cr125 was my knees always got wedged between the tank and the radiator shrouds, constantly had black and blues when riding these year bikes. besides that motors are sprong, bikes are fun and really realiable.

95+ cr250/125 had got a rear 19" wheel if that means anything to ya.

ive always wanted a alum framed cr 97-99 they are pretty skinny and remind me alot like a KX

--
    If you have 1000 bucks plus more with your taxes you should be able to find a nice 2000 or newer bike. A guy up by me (upstate NY) is selling a 02 YZ 426 F for 1500 an it looks to be in good shape. Swampthing is right dirt bikes just really aren't selling especially up here. You should have no problem finding a nice 2 or 4 stroke dirt bike.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by z400guy28 View Post
    If you have 1000 bucks plus more with your taxes you should be able to find a nice 2000 or newer bike. A guy up by me (upstate NY) is selling a 02 YZ 426 F for 1500 an it looks to be in good shape. Swampthing is right dirt bikes just really aren't selling especially up here. You should have no problem finding a nice 2 or 4 stroke dirt bike.
    arent really selling for much around here either...i recently bought a nice 05 rm125 for 900...has lots of goodies on it, was an fs racing team sponsered race bike, ive put somwhere around 25hrs of ride time on it in the month ive had it without the slightest hickup, here lately its pretty easy to get alot of bike for your money
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rm125.jpg   rm 125.jpg  

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT! AND NEVER LOOK BACK, THEY ARE TOO FAR BEHIND TO SEE!!

Id rather have a sister in a WHORE HOUSE than a brother in a FORD!

--
    if you dont race almost any 250 will perform plenty well for ya... Newer is usually better, especially for ergos, suspension, and brakes, but dont overlook an older one in great condition...Used bikes always become money pits so buy the cleanest, tightest, lowest hours machine you can afford.. regardless of the year... I would take a tight one owner '94 bike over a clapped out '04 any day... dont be fooled by a beater with a supposed new topend, and some new plastics and grips... its the little things that matter like chain/sprockets, wheel bearings, brake pads/rotors, suspension linkages, fork seals, crankshaft, clutch basket, spokes, pegs, etc, etc, etc.. all seems cheap, but it adds up quickly..
    2-stroke lover

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    the Aluminum frames are NOT lighter from all the information i have seen. it IS mroe rigid, but they use a LOT more material for the rigidity. the shape of the frame gives it its rigidity, but if they did that with steel it would weigh WAY too much.

i wouldnt recommend a first gen aluminum frame CR250 (97-99) 00-01 are excellent bikes, the newer ones the motor isnt quite up to snuff. the mid 90's CR's are good bikes, thats all MCGRATH would race......he refused to ride the "new" models when he was racing.

--
    you should have awesome luck with those steel framed cr's and i love the look of their "nuclear red" color scheme
    1986 Tri-Z 250
    '85 motor
    DG National pipe
    DG silencer
    VForce3 rad valve
    VForce3 reeds
    Banshee billet intake
    Durablue +2 Banshee axle
    Raptor 250 footpegs
    Keihn 39mm flat slide carb
    Progressive rate forks

2002 YZ426F

1987 YZ490

--
    corndawg- nice 125! I'd love a dirtbike, but I'm too short and can't reach the ground, lol.
    83' 200x (son's). 85' 200 auto-x & 85' 125m (daughters). 84' Tecate(?). 85' KXT Tecate (mine!, mine!, mine!.)+ some others but don't feel like typing them in.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //