//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: rare honda atc

--
    I've seen plenty of replica's on the internet

If I ever get a 3rd gen R, definitely doing the 87 color scheme. LOVE IT.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by kormos_93 View Post
    A guy in Gainsborough, Sask has an 87 250r. Saw it when I bought an 83 200 from him.
    That's one heckuva way to revive a 4 year-old thread, kormos.

You need to start carrying a camera, because you are the only one of 28,000 registered 3WW members who has ever seen one.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post

You need to start carrying a camera, because you are the only one of 28,000 registered 3WW members who has ever seen one.
    May have had an extra wheel on it.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post

Not exactly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    About the '87 ATC250R.... When the bottom fell out of the 3-wheeler market, and Honda had a boatload of them... they were forced to export them to Europe. However, we got our hands on a '87 R up in Canada, which was not part of the CPSC deal. That's how we got a chance to ride one. Photos of prototype ATCs? Sorry no. Part of my deal with many of the test riders was that I was able to look, touch and ride, but no words or photos in the magazine. The ATC450R was a monster, flat scarey to ride. Way too fast for the general public. The ATC200R was really too pipey for me, and a little too small for my 6-1 size.

Here's a little known fact. Pipe builder, Daryl Bassani owns one of the first ATC250Rs ever made. It was used by Team Honda ATC on the original Parker 400 race, and some in Mexicali 250 race, before it broke a rear axle. Daryl got the bike from Wes McCoy in exchange for the favors he did for Team Honda. That ATC has a chassis number like 00007, or lower!

That's all for now. I'll chim in from time to time, with other odds and ends as I recall them. We had a great time doing that magazine, some of the best trips to Mexico you can imagine! Cheers! Dean Kirsten
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    How rare was the 1986 Honda ATC 200s?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //