//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket atc 90/110 frames and other goodies. lets see them

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Vealmonkey View Post
    You can find them on ebay. But you should also be able to find the stock headlight mounting bits for the 185s/200s headlights on there as well.
    Sorry- I guess I should have been more specific- Do you think the stock headlight mounting bits for the 185s/200s headlights would work with the stock 1977 ATC90 round headlight?
    2) 1977 Honda ATC90
    2)1985 Tecate
    2005 Banshee LE
    01 Honda 300EX
    74 Suzuki TC100
    66 Honda 305 Scrambler

--
    They should work. The worst you may have to do is make some spacers between the headlight and the mounting ears on the 185s mounts, but the early 185s mount, used a round headlight, so I think they will just bolt up with no problems and no spacers needed. I would make sure and put some rubber washers between the 90 headlight and the 185s mounting ears though for sure.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    Good to know. Thanks
    2) 1977 Honda ATC90
    2)1985 Tecate
    2005 Banshee LE
    01 Honda 300EX
    74 Suzuki TC100
    66 Honda 305 Scrambler

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Vealmonkey View Post
    Now that you have better pics, thank you by the way, I see there is no hi/lo gear box, yay! Big Al's vented extended dipstick breather. Rear axle and spacers and hubs, generic aftermarket. I can't remember who makes the slotted chain tensioner, Big Al's I think. I do like your rear foot brake, I think I know the deal on it. I think that piece on there went all the way through the frame and you chain tensioner and stuff attached to that. If you don't want it, I'll take it! You probably have a bit of a cam in that trike, definitely a better clutch than stock. The coil is just an aftermarket honda replacement. Who knows what for a piston. I can't tell you about the crank either. I believe that rear foot brake was made to be used without the front handbrake cable. The atc90 used a front handbrake cable for the rear brake and the rear brake pedal all attached together with a pivoting/riveted top piece that attached to the brake rod. You had to mod the pedal if you just wanted to use the rear pedal and I think this rear pedal was an aftermarket modded pedal. I think the cross bar broke though. It could be repaired. That stub sticking out should be the same diameter as the bar going through the frame that the stock rear pedal and the chain tensioner is attached to. You could find some grade eight solid round stock the same size and drill out the stub and weld in the grade 8 solid and cut to size and then just drill a hole in the chain tensioner end for the cotter pin and go from there. It should work. That trike has lots of potential. It was probably pretty neat in its' day. Looks like the rear axle and hubs may have been chromed at one time. That's a Supertapp universal 3" economy muffler. They had them in chrome too and I've even seen a supertrapp 4" muffler on a 90/110 headpipe. You can still get those mufflers new if you want. Looks like fun. I would be interested in seeing the internals if you split the case. Piston diameter and a peek at the crank and rod. Also those are universal headlight clamps. You can still get those for $20 bucks or so. I don't see stroker plate under that cylinder, so if it's stroked, it would have to have a stroker rod. Looks like a stock cylinder, as the fins look exactly like the head fins. Usually aftermarket cylinders have thicker fins or fins running the opposite way. It doesn't mean that the cylinder isn't sleeved though. Won't know until you open it up. Cams were pretty much wide open. The most common cams had the cl90 or sl90 cam grind though. Both were motorcycle cams so had better than stock atc90 lift and duration. If you're really luck, your engine has the sl90 points set up, which is way better than the stock 90 setup. Those handlebar clamps originally cam from dirtbikes, so they were relatively generic also. Well worth the price in my book. That blue may have been a stock bandito color as the frames came in several colors. That will be a fun trike when finished. Congrats again.
    I never meant to only post a few pics that no one could get anything from, after posting the first 4 my computer was taking forever to load the rest, then you sorta beat me to the post before I was able to post up more. I'll see what I decide to do with the Bandito 110, most likely get it running and ride it, but until it's done and finished I don't want to let go of any parts. If/when the time comes I'll keep you in mind about the brake pedal. Also, how do I know if this is a late or early model bandito frame, were there significant or slight differences?

--
    Here are the only pics i have of my Bandito framed 90. It has a 85 atc110 motor with the 1970 yellow parts and Cobra exhaust
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PIC00010.JPG   PIC00009.JPG  
    JASON LISKEY

1985 atc 250r ---- finsh line axle,.fmf exhaust and rictor privateer silencer, prm grab bar.
    2008 KTM 525xc quad ----- HMF exhaust, HRE chromoly stem,
    86 trx 250r --- with after market chromoly frame and everything else done to it
    01 400ex --- with 86 trx 250r motor
    87 250x + 93 300ex both 350x powered
    2 = 86 atc 350x's
    86 atc 250r
    83 atc 185s --- from retired guy not ridden since 87
    Bandito framed 110 with 85 motor and yellow us90 fenders + tank

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueWale View Post
    I never meant to only post a few pics that no one could get anything from, after posting the first 4 my computer was taking forever to load the rest, then you sorta beat me to the post before I was able to post up more. I'll see what I decide to do with the Bandito 110, most likely get it running and ride it, but until it's done and finished I don't want to let go of any parts. If/when the time comes I'll keep you in mind about the brake pedal. Also, how do I know if this is a late or early model bandito frame, were there significant or slight differences?
    This one is a late bandito. You can see by the back brace that runs from the main frame to the rear seat mount area. This one is small round rod. The earlier ones are a flat metal strap about an inch and a half or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bandito.jpg  

--
    The blue one is a 1980 110 with a factory blue bandito and a ton of other goodies. The right pic is a JSC frame off a U.S. 90 that had a 1980 110 motor in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails army.jpg   army2.jpg   photo.jpg   22222.jpg  
    Last edited by 90crazy; 06-27-2011 at 09:51 AM.

swifty is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 90crazy View Post
    The blue one is a 1980 110 with a factory blue bandito and a ton of other goodies. The right pic is a JSC frame off a U.S. 90 that had a 1980 110 motor in it.

heres one of my mystery framed trikes, its got a 110 with a 125cc big bore kit, web 69 cam, sudco intake,mikuni 24mm carb, chrome forks, cafe handle bars recoil cover polished points and hi low cover 10 in with hoosier rears, its all complete now in pic its 90% done, veal has a few of my old frames listed

ACT NOW THINK LATER!
    current trikes owned
    minty 86 250sx my rider
    pauter flat track framed 110-123cc with custom goodies
    pauter mx framed 110-123cc with aftermarket goodies
    joker framed 90-108cc with front suspension
    2007 artic cat DVX 400
    dickson sprint framed 73 green us90 with 110 engine

swifty is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    well its the one in my display picture if the pic i posted above is still not showing up??? has a custom chopper seat and a hurst shifter with b&m aluminum handle the motor seems to sit way low think its a flat track frame????
    ACT NOW THINK LATER!
    current trikes owned
    minty 86 250sx my rider
    pauter flat track framed 110-123cc with custom goodies
    pauter mx framed 110-123cc with aftermarket goodies
    joker framed 90-108cc with front suspension
    2007 artic cat DVX 400
    dickson sprint framed 73 green us90 with 110 engine

--
    Swifty, the pic didn't show up. I think the tell tale of a flat track frame is the distance between the center of the rear axle and the seat mount. The closer the center of the rear axle and the seat mount, the more likelihood of a flat track frame. I can't think of the stock 90/110 distance off the top off my head now though.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    It looks like I have a late model Bandito frame. Also, the oversized handlebars on mine are some vintage renthal bars with the renthal logo engraved on both sides of the crossbar. Why would anyone put such big bars on something so small?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 90crazy View Post
    This one is a late bandito. You can see by the back brace that runs from the main frame to the rear seat mount area. This one is small round rod. The earlier ones are a flat metal strap about an inch and a half or so.
    The late model Banditos had the flat rear back brace. They found the round tube brace used to let the rear seat mount move side to side and the flat brace stopped this problem.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhuman View Post
    The late model Banditos had the flat rear back brace. They found the round tube brace used to let the rear seat mount move side to side and the flat brace stopped this problem.
    Thanks for info John.. I was misinformed a while back then

84atc200 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by thestud25 View Post
    I was thinking about buying the 185 chain roller, but don't know much about it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueWale View Post
    Hey, can anyone identify some of the aftermarket parts on my new Bandito framed atc 110? I know it has a supertrap exhaust, but i'm unsure of the titanium headpipe, axle, spacers, rear rims, r fenders, seat, headlight mounts, and a few other parts.
    Here is another good picture of those low profile fenders. Used by alot of racers back in the day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lowpro.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //