//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 25" rear tire on a BW200? Will it fit?

--

25" rear tire on a BW200? Will it fit?

Anybody sucessfully put a 25"er on the back of a BW200? There are little to NO 23" rears out there to be had. But there are quite a few mfg that make 25" tires. Question is will it fit within the swingarm?

--
    I think I had a 25" on mine when first got it. The tire rubbed the inside of the swinger and the rear brake rod. The rear tire looked alot like a stock tire, but the knobbies is what rubbed everything. If you were to shave some of the knobbies off, you may be able to get away with it. You will probably just have to end up calling dealerships and find a rear tire. Sorry to say, sometimes you have to put in alot of time on these older machines, but it's worth it in the end.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    Yea I'm gonna try to do some measuring tonight to see if a 25 may fit. But I'm afraid you're right I may just have to keep looking. Not to mention all the parts fiche I've looked at advertise that 23" er for about $180. Phew! Here's a pic of the ole gal as she sits right now.

--
    Blog Entries
    your complaing about $180 ,,, wait till you try to find a front tire...LOL ..like that one!

--
    Yea they're hard to find too but only about $120 or so from what I've seen. And there are plenty of mfgrs making 25" tires vs 23. I'll keep looking til I find something. I alway seem to find what I need with patience...

--
    I'll check my local Yammie dealer and see what he has. Nice looking bw, by the way. I don't know if you bought it like that or fixed it up, but mine wasn't even close to that. I had to fix alot of years of abuse.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    Nice BW I miss my 350
    'WHEN IN DOUBT.........GAS IT!'
    87 KXT250B2 Tecate
    86 ATC250ES BIG RED
    85 ATC350X
    85 ATC70
    'A FEW IN PARTS'

dirtjunkie85 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    have you tried rocky mountain atv? they may be able to hook you up.
    Motorcycle Tires

--
    Thx for the compliments guys. I cheated and bought this one as it sits. I restored a 350x in the past and am currently working on an '83 Big Red but when I ran across this one I had to have it. I met the guy here in NC that has restored a lot of trikes, quads and such. The price was right so I jumped on it. It has been down to the frame for powdercoating and was never abused to begin with. It has all original plastic including the chain guards. Plastics have been painted with an automotive grade flexible plastic paint that plastic automobile bumpers are painted with. So it's very durable and flexible. That's really the only way I know to get a yellow'd tank back to white again. I just need to do a couple things to it to really make it stand out like new tires and a new tail light lens. The lens has some cracks in it I don't like. Other than that it's near perfect. I'll just use it for the occasional dry "mudless" ride with my kids on their ATVs. Other than that I just stare at it in the garage while I sip on a cold beverage...

Oh and Veal, let me know if you find anything out on the tires. Thanks for doing that.

--
    I've had 25 inch tires on my BigWheels with no rubbing but they are both 350's. The swingarm is similar with the exception of the monoshock. Good luck on finding the tires. Let me know if you have any success.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //