//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Picked up ugly duckling RM465 (pics Inside)

Iprefer3 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Picked up ugly duckling RM465 (pics Inside)

So yesterday I was on the hunt like usual on craigslist and behold there was an rm 465. I've always liked these...they make alot of power. The ad had no phone...so I e-mailed the guy and told I would take it. The price was $175. Never heard back from so figured it sold. Wierd thing is I told my wife I would have paid $400 for it....and then I saw it back on craigs with a new price of $400. This time there was a phone number so I called him and said I'll take it if it runs and goes through the gears. So drove about 45min. to pick up this morning. I'm not sure how far to go with it yet, but I know it blows oil on your foot when you ride it. lol. Anyway just thought I'd share with ya. Let me know what u guys think, or what way I could go with it. Thanx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rm465 001.JPG   rm465 002.JPG  

dirtjunkie85 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Looks like a pretty sano bike for 400 bucks. That silencer is freakishly long and skinny though, never seen one like that before.

Iprefer3 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Ya the silencer is wierd as hell from the factory. DG makes one that's much better for it. Don't know weather I'll part it or restore it or just figure out the oil leakage from the pipe and just ride it.
    Figured it was a rare find at $400 though.

--
    that stock silencer has a sparkarrester welded onto it, alot of guys did this in the 90's. i like the bike and it looks to have new side # platess and a fuel talk. how good does it move the earth!?!?!

--
    looks like a nice bike for a resto. is that an aftermarket boost bottle on there or something?aluminum looking thing under the left side of the tank? if thats dg ill buy it!

haggard 2hundie is offline Would rather be at the front of the train than Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    ugly? thats a sweet bike

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //