//ArrowChat Code

Thread: need wheels and plug info

need wheels and plug info

Never had a three wheeler before but I've always wanted a 200x, 350x, or a 250r. In todays times you have to buy what you can afford so If found a 84' 200s in great looking shape. The problem is that its been parked for about 5 years inside a building and it doesn't run. The reason the guy said he parked it was because he bought a four wheeler and just didn't ever ride it anymore. Well, the tires are completely wore off. I think that the 200s came from the factory with 22-11-9s on all three wheels so my question is since I'll have to replace the tires anyway what would be my best option? Can I make the 200s look more sporty by different tires? Also what spark plug should I go back with because I'm going to change the plug thats in it, clean the gas tank out, and clean the carb and cross my fingers that it runs. Thanks for the info.

Lots_Of_Nothing is offline So bombed at TF I needed both hands to hold my beer Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    you can get low profile tires...that makes it look a little sportier, buy a set of turf tamers, or somethin like that, as for the spark plug, just look at what kind the one in it is, then get the same thing...let me know if it runs
    Give me no lip and I tell you no lie.

-TF 05' , And cant wait till 06!

--
    but watch what tires you buy.. the lack of rear suspension, and the addition of a lower profile tire will equate to a sore ass! so you still need the cushion if your hitting the trail with it.. and always stick with an NGK plug..

--
    Try Kenda scorpions for the rear 22x11x9. they're 2 ply but handle good and have a nice ride. The original plug for normal altitude/riding conditions is a NGK DR8ES-L.

Tri-Z dude is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    i have a kenda scorpion on the front of my 225DX
    it looks good and turns fairly well
    Ben
    1982 Honda 200
    1984 yamaha 225DX
    1984 yamaha 225DX parts bike
    1986 Honda cr250r (soon to be trike)

--
    You'd be suprised as to how well those big baloon tires work in almost every terrain, I would buy another set of stock tires. As for the plug, use the one that comes out of it, and cleaning the carb and tank is a must. Also, be sure to change the oil BEFORE you get it running. You may have to sand down, or replace those points (if they even have points) to get it running too. You should check your spark to see if it needs ignition work before you go sanding down points, or replacing coils (whichever it has). Good luck.
    1986 ATC 250R(for sale), 1963 AceCraft boat w/40HP Evinrude, 1981 Arctic Cat El Tigre' 440 L/C, 1992 GMC Safari Van.

--
    Ill go with Hemi and Skippy on this one. Stick with rounded, thin walled stock type tires such as Cheng Shin on non suspension models if you ever wish to have any children. Those high pressure, flat profile tires such as Turf Tamers, Holeshots, Razers, etc will beat you to death. Go with something meant to be run at 3 or 4 pounds, because on this model, your tires ARE your suspension.

200xer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The 84 200s shouldn't have points. As for tires, I had some 18" turf tamers on my 185s for a while, and the ride was definitely rougher, but it handled so much better. The only reason I had em on there was because they were laying around and I needed a set of tires though. I would go with those Vipers, or just a simple knobby. But I'm pretty sure that the stock tire size is 22-11x8
    85 200x - Torn apart

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //