//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New guy from Georgia.

--

New guy from Georgia.

Good to be here, guys.

I came across this forum while searching for an 80's model 3-wheeler to restore. I can't explain my obsession with trikes over quads, I just feel that they are much for fun to ride and a little more challenging to restore. I will be picking up my new project in two weeks, and after reading a ton of post on this forum, I have much more confidence that things will go well. You guys are great.

I have always enjoyed tearing down motors, painting, polishing, and rebuilding anything I can get my chubby fingers on. Considering my love for trikes, it simply MUST be done, and I can't wait to roll that beast into the shop.

--

--
    Good to have another trike lover aboard!

--
    Welcome! One more person to join the Trikeaholics Meetings!!
    Keep on Triking!!!! "I am the NIGHT RIDER!!!"

RIP Ninja!

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-thestud25

Trike Fest 2011, 2012 Vet!
    Founding member of the Haspin 6ft Bats Club!!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    86 Kawasak KLT110. All documentation, bought from original owner.
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

--
    peach state inda house!!! watcha gettin esse'?

--
    Thanks for the welcomes. I'm starting off with this '85 200s to get my feet wet. It has good compression and doesn't smoke. This will be the wife's. The next one will be for me. At 6'4" I'll be shootin' for a 350 or bigger. Only $550 for this one.

--
    im glad were finaly getting some more georgia members! looks good!

dksix is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Welcome from another new member. I see people join from boarding states (I'm in TN) and always hope that it's someone close enough to maybe get together with and ride but the map says we're 6 hours aparts. I don't know if anyone has ever heard or an OHV riding area in the Knoxville TN called Royal Blue but if you (or anyone ) would ever want to make the trip. I love to meet up there and get some trikes together on the trails. Maybe even a camp out for the weekend. Here's a link to one of the places http://www.rideroyalblue.com/maps.htm . I'd be down for a meet up and some trike riding. I have freinds who ride bikes and quads there but I have never been there myself. I guess it would be in the 4 hours range from where you are in GA.

--
    dksix, believe me when I tell you that we would make that trip. The wife loves TN, and she is always hounding me about finding new places to camp and things to do. She is an avid trail rider who loves mud bogging. Is there any decent fishing around Royal Blue?

--
    Hi. I'm Robby. And I'm a Trikeaholic. It started about 5 years ago when a friend wanted me to 'try' a YT125. It graduated from there to 200's and eventually 250's, and even considered big bores. Spent all of our money on trikes, and nearly lost everything. Now I'm just taking one day at a time and have reduced my trike addiction to 6 trikes. I know that once a trikeaholic, always a trikeaholic, but with love and support of my friends on this 3WW site, I am getting better. Welcome DirtDevil!!!
    83' 200x (son's). 85' 200 auto-x & 85' 125m (daughters). 84' Tecate(?). 85' KXT Tecate (mine!, mine!, mine!.)+ some others but don't feel like typing them in.

--
    I feel your pain, Robby. I'm currently in the process of moving bills around so that I have the funds to get parts for my first trike. This will be the first one I have owned in 20 years. I would consider a second job, but that would take away too much shop time. OOHHHH THE PAIN!!!

dksix is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I don't know about fishing but I google'd it and came up with several hits. I have never ridden the area myself. I'm new to trikes and when I rode dirt bikes I always skipped the ride in Royal Blue due to the type of trails. It's (from what I understand) mostly wide open jeep type trials and I always preferred tight woods riding on bikes. They guys I rodes with were all GNCC and SEHA racers and when they hit that wide open stuff it was wide open in high gear all the time. Too many head on's with quads, buggy's and 4X4's or deep mud holes (not my type of riding for 2 wheels). I'm older now and the riding is about the riding, not who's fastest and can lead the longest. My trike riding will be at a much more casual pace than the push my luck style like I did on 2 wheels.
    You've said you'd be picking up yours in a couple of weeks, what are you getting? I've bought a couple of extra part's bikes (that I haven't made room for in the shop, ,so they aren't home yet) but maybe I can help you some when you get started. I'm new to this too and there is allot that I'm having to figure out as I go, but I'd be more than happy to help anyway I can and maybe we will get a chance to ride together sometime in the coming months. I'm about 60% finished with the 84 200x I bought first but have a rideable 225dx, though rough at the moment. The first thing you need to do when you get yours home is get a manual and read it, before you do anything. That will save you allot of heart ache and maybe some money by correcting things before it's too late and not buying parts you don't need.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dksix View Post
    My trike riding will be at a much more casual pace than the push my luck style like I did on 2 wheels.

The first thing you need to do when you get yours home is get a manual and read it, before you do anything.

I'm with ya on that one. I love to just take slow crawls through the woods and maybe cut some new trails at a very leisurely rate. LOL. I save the speed and stunts for the young bucks. Gotta protect what's left of my back and knees, right?

As far as the manual goes. I have already been from cover to cover on several models of ATC. However, I will be hitting up the good folks here for pointers too. Let me get a couple running good and we will have to make a "Tennessee Tour". Sounds like a blast.

--
    Need to come down my way and play in the sand in waycross sandhill sandpits do a search and check it out!

--
    Oh hell ya, SYKO, I'm certainly gonna make some trips to Waycross. Only an hour and a half from me.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //