//ArrowChat Code

View Poll Results: How much will the auction end for?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under $20,000

21 13.13%
  • Between $20k and $35K

79 49.38%
  • Between $35k and $50k

27 16.88%
  • Between $50 and $100k

30 18.75%
  • Over $100,000

3 1.88%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Here it is-250R in the crate!!! let see if anyone has the money to back up the talk.

--
    Andy, You are making history right now. Definitely can't wait to see the outcome.
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

cbx1170 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Hope it turns well. NICE TRYKE. Wish i had one in the box! Watching.....
    TIME TO STRETCH THE RODS
    ROLL THAT BEAUTIFUL BEAN FOOTAGE

--
    I remember when you bought this B Brown. Smart move to put it on ebay. Best of luck !! from what I remember you paying for it , you are on the + side , and the auction just began

--
    Sorry like everytime no picture,the guys don't want to sell it,I know they are there because he said I was a big fan of 3 wheeler,but he don't want everybody in the world know what he have in is garage.I have his phone number,if maybe I go back in his area I will try another time.....

1986 ATC500X
    1985 ATC250SX
    1985 ATC200X
    1985 ATC250R
    1986 ATC250R
    1984 ATC250R
    1981 ATC70
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70
    Custom built ATC70 / 250R laydwon swap
    1986 ATC250SX FATCAT

--
    Over $16,000 now. Reserve still not meet. Im guessing it will sell for around $25,000. There are plenty of deep pocket collectors out there.
    I love it. Now I get to show all the naysayers that yes trikes are a collectable and valued machine. It takes something to be over 25 years old to really start gaining "classic" status. Just check out the NADA book value on a US90. Upwords of $2,000.
    But as far as this 250r in crate, its better I cant afford it. Every day I would stare at it and want to put it together and ride it. Torture for sure.

dksix is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    This is just rumors but there is a family who owns several motorcycle dealer ships in north east TN, started in the 60's. One of my friends knows them well, his father was a mechanic for them for years and they sponsored my friend and his father in 3 wheeler racing for several years. I've heard stories that they have kept many last models of various bikes unopened in the crate for investments. I haven't seen them and I have never heard either the father (who started the dealerships) or the son (who now runs them) own up to this but if there are people out there who would have had the access and the means to do such a things, they could have. With all that being said, I do know of 2 Honda Superawks (305's I believe) that suddenly showed up in the show room, a matching pair neither showed any miles I think these were like 67 models and this would have been in the mid 90's. The story was that they had just been taken out of the crates and put on display and I have saw a boxed bike that was 12+ years old once when he let my go upstairs to look for a tire once (there were other boxed bikes up there but they were behind the one I saw and I didn't want to nose around since he was being nice enough to let me look around for something I needed). Please understand, I'm not saying this is true or that they would have bothered with 3 wheelers but this is a family who, like I said would have had the means to put them back and access to such. Either way, good luck with the sell B Brown. I don't think I could handle the pressure of owning such a rare piece of history. I'd do something stupid, like ride it-lol.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    At work hiding in my tractor (smart phone).
    Grining along with you guys! Can't say too much,..... but this is exciting & fun! We'll see.......????? Enjoy!
    Andy do you care to share why you are selling?? It was just in Dirt Wheels this month!!

Rob

--
    IDK about EBAY though........ You lose 15% between Paypal and final value/listing fees and everyone will see it.

You would think thats a good thing but some dealer probably got a credit from Honda and were to destroy it.

I wouldn't want Honda to see the auction, I just would have called Mike and asked him if he had any buyers........

Just my thoughts.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Good point ^^^^^ or it might go back to Japan.

85 Big Red 250ES
    01 Scrambler 90 (Sons')

Past Machines:
    96 Yamaha V-Max 600, 86 200x, 84 200es, 82 70, 82 200, 03 Bombardier DS650, 93 Ski-doo Formula Plus, 87 Ski-doo Stratos, 83 Yamaha XT550, 82 Kawasaki KDX175. 84 Tecate, 86 Tri-Z, 91 CR250.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rdlsz24 View Post
    Andy do you care to share why you are selling?? It was just in Dirt Wheels this month!!

Rob

Talk about marketing!!!!
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    AMAZING...if i had the money i would buy it and stare at it all day lol....buy why does it say in the ebay post that this machine is NOT TO BE ASSEMBLED?

--
    If it were assembled it would lose all of what makes it so neat. it would no longer be in the crate and then just becomes a really nice unused 86R. I can't believe someone would pay so much for it though, even in the crate. But good luck on the sale and good luck to all the bidders.
    RIP REX, never forgotten

Own: 1984 Tecate. Pvl ignition, 1985 front end, 38mm Mikuni flatslide, ported cylinder, bills pipe and silencer

1985 350X: Garage queen

Twilight is offline Check my feedback before buying from me Roostin Away
    --
    I know that some dealers were trying to push out 250rs in the crate for 1600 in the late 80's
    If they could see this now!
    Nothing to ride... for now

AJZ_200X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    simply amazing...i saw the topic when Andy purchased it and was stunned at the find. Sad to see it up for sale, i hope whoever buys it keeps it in the box

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I just hope someone from here ends up with it. I realize there is a large, upscale base of buyers and collectors that don't frequent here too much...but I'd love to see regular or atleast someone that pops in from time to time end up with it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //