//ArrowChat Code

Thread: yamaha big bear scrambler

--

yamaha big bear scrambler

im the recent weeks i have lost my 200s trike. but i did get a 1967 yamaha Big Bear scrambler. she was in pretty rough shape. the previous owner had it stored in a barn for 20 some odd years, and when he picked it up it was sitting for a fair amount of years, cause he told me the day he picked it up and drained the oil it came out like jello. shes rusty but the frames in good shape, the forks and wheels are in good shape. no seat. and the tank looks like some one took a to it. surprisingly the motor is still free. took out the plugs, kinda. and put some oil down the cylinder, and she turned over easy, only real problem is. the right side plug broke off while removing it. i have decided since she was in rough shape, and i dont want to sink the money in to a resto. im turning her into a rat style bobber. i put on a longer swing arm off of a 80s RM125. and she going to be converted to a hard tail of sorts, since im worried about the aluminum swing arm deformin at the mounting points, im going to be using rubber bushings were the bolts go into the swing arm at the upright mounting points to absorb some of the impact. since this bike is using a 6 volt electrical system, the tail lights and brake lights are going to be LED. and since she is old enough in wisconsin to not need turn signals, shes not getting any. im going to me moving the foot pegs to the front of the frame, and do a suicide shift on her with a foot clutch, im keeping the stock rims for now, i just need to get some new rubber. well, heres the link to the 2 pics i got uploaded so far. i hope you guys like it. and yes, that is a 250x tank on her right now.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=73108157d2

--
    That's a awesome project..can't wait for more updates

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //