//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: MY BUILD - 450R swinger on a 350X and a 250R frontend too......IT RUNS!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppler View Post
    This is such a cool build! Great work man! Do you plan on making and selling any of the spacers and such for the install? I am happy with my front end, I have 83 250r insides on my forks along with inner tubes and progressive springs. The rear suspension would be much better with this setup though
    Yeah.....?
    83 250r

--
    IDK, there are so many things that have to be machined and then a whole lower mount fabricated and gusseted that it wouldn't be an easy thing to offer people.

Once I get this all down, I already have another one lined up for a member. In the future I may offer to build/machine and sell certain parts but this is nothing easy to get right.........

I just can't wait to assemble it soon!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

fire1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Great work very interesting

--
    Yeah I totally understand. Hmm maybe someday I will ship my frame off to you.....
    83 250r

--
    You're a feckin' maniac, but you're also my best eFriend! Lookin' good Stevo, can't wait to see the finished product.
    ADMIRIN' BOOBS AND BLASTIN' NEWBS

--
    So.... Steve

How much for a kit?
    Leave feedback for me here : [Please Don't start another thread again!]
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...for-MagicJames

Current :
    86 250SX
    86 350X
    86 250R Project

Owned and Sold

85 250R
    2 ATC70's 84 and 79

--
    When you see it all powder coated, that means R and D are over, testing is approved and I can guide you guys to the swaps or make some parts for your own.

I have more gussets on this frame than any other, it needs them..........

Can't wait for the test ride!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    THIS IS REALY SWEET i do love my +3 but the thought of gitting rid of my stock bering housing is awsome, on #3 at present time. you should realy give some thought to the big bore kit it to is awsome. thanks to ALL you guys that make cool stuff so every one else can up date.
    85 Big Red
    86 400x
    85 250r
    85 250sx
    MDR 600X
    85 125M
    85 250r drag bike
    SURRVIVOR! TF08 09 10 11 12
    SANDPUPPY (RIP my friend) 08 09 10 11
    INVASION 09 10 11 13

--
    ^ I have heard good things about the big bores, but I don't have the cash to spend right now

I didn't even have the money to build this but I figured I deserved at least 1 last HOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!

All the heads I re-studded basically financed this whole operation and I had 75% of it anyhow.

Now I need shrouds for the new Red IMS tank, the color is too far off from OEM which I have new shrouds for.

Maybe MAIER has something I can heat up and bend out a bit?? White might work well

DC

--
    Hey guys. Well I got the engine buttoned up with the Megacycle cam installed:

Next on the list was gas tank mounting and steering radius clearance. I tried OEM, CLARKE, IMS oversized - Maier scoops, Super scoops, OEM scoops. NOTHING would give me the turning radius I wanted. So, I had to move the gas tank back about 1.5"s or so, trim the fenders and the front portion of the seat actually lays better against the IMS tank now than it had even in OEM form.

I had to build new front fuel mounts and now that I've chopped off the useless stock fuel tank mounts; I left the left side for the oil cooler mount. I'm gonna try to do something fancy here with the 2 front mounts on the rear fender and incorporate rear fuel tanks to it. I moved the tank back exactly far enough to be able to do this, but it still should be rubber mounted for vibration......

This is the new fuel tank clearance:

And now 2 side shots of how it comes together:

And a front view, nothing special:

The 250R forks were just losing my turning radius and after all this work, I did not want that. Now I even have a few more degrees than stock and can build front steering stops. If any of it were wrong, the powder coating would be junk when making future changes.

That swinger giving it another 2.5"s or so will be nice.....

Do it once and do it right!

Enjoy
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 01-21-2011 at 04:54 PM.

--
    Nice work as always Steve!! I like how the seat lines up with the tank for sure. Keep it up and keep us posted.

--
    Update:

I can't paint or PC until this crap weather goes away, still 2-3' of snow around here; Very frustrating to have 95% of the pieces but I can't even tear it down, paint it and try it all out. If the frame shock and fork geometry feel good, I'll get it PC'd (too big for my oven....) But, I can't test it.

Have to wait for better weather

--
    If you want to use the same powder coater that I used, let me know, I'll be more than happy to drop it off for you.... Like I said, let me know...
    My rides, 1985 ATC 350X, With legit Lamborghini Countach paint,2003 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider,customised the way I like it! 1997 GMC Sierra is gone, primary mode of transportation, 2008 Toyota Yaris!

Check out my build thread of my 350X
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?95389-Tank-s-1985-350X-build-is-FINALLY-all-done!-)
    Screw giving away the Harley, It's payed for!!

--
    It's assembling fast now; We got 2- 50 degree days so I could paint.

--
    Great to see!! Hope to come ride it soon

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //