//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Newbbbbb! Hey all, whats happening?

--

Newbbbbb! Hey all, whats happening?

hey- i'm an avid ice fisherman with a lower budget and found a nice in the crate 1986 250R on ebay recently.

haha just kidding i really got a nice 1983 185s for a really good price. Plan on rigging it up for ice fishing with a front ski and either chains or j-wheelz on the back. (The J-wheelz would be so sick, but more expensive!)

Anyways, I have never ridden a sled or ATV before so I have a lot to learn.

I am new to using a clutch (auto or otherwise)

Wondering why when I downshift i come to a sudden jerk before kicking in a lower gear, i release the throttle, pull the clutch, tap into lower gear and jerk before i can release the clutch and put in throttle again. Any tips?

Otherwise, didnt know how fun this beast could be! Think i may have stumbled onto something here, hahaha

--
    never mind.... after i thought about it i just took her around the block again and realized that i should maybe let the engine rev down to about the same rpms as the next lower gear. i'm getting smoother at it now, but ya, i am the definition of a newbie hahaha

--
    Welcome to the board.

The 185s does not have a clutch lever, that is the rear brake lever (unless someone has changed the engine).

Here's a 82 185s owners manual (can't find a 83, but it's close, minus the front suspension).
    http://campaigns.hondampe.com.au/Mot...n82atc185s.pdf

Jerm1179 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    just let off the gas and shift...its an auto clutch...no clutch lever at all

--
    Welcome! Post up some pics. As Mike said, it is an auto clutch and the lever you are pulling is a brake handle.
    Keep on Triking!!!! "I am the NIGHT RIDER!!!"

RIP Ninja!

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-thestud25

Trike Fest 2011, 2012 Vet!
    Founding member of the Haspin 6ft Bats Club!!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    86 Kawasak KLT110. All documentation, bought from original owner.
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

--
    Wow! I feel dumb...i bought it from a man who told me it was a clutch lever and said that it was "optional" ha! I'll try to figure out how to post a couple of pics...it has a nice welded foot seat around the bottom, back rack, and the plastic is in pretty good shape. Seat is all tore up. Tires are Carlise 22x11-8 with nice big treads.

Anyone have experience on ice/snow with a machine like this? I figure early and late season will be killer, but mid-season with a lot of snow might be harder. Was thinking of fabricating a ski or round tire fender up front and chaining the back tires...

this site is great by the way!

edit: by the way...loos like the right hand lever for the rear brake (which i was told was a clutch) is disconnected. The foot lever for break still works, but not too well.
    Last edited by Fari; 10-19-2010 at 03:57 PM.

--

--
    hey mike thanks for posting the owner manual for the 82! This is cool

--
    I see the reccomended psi for my 20x11-8 is 2.2 psi? i have them inflated to 9 or 10 psi right now. I should let a buch of air out?

--

--
    Allright! Here are some pics of my first trike! I'll post some more later in a different forum when I get her set up for ice fishing. Before that I am going to change the oil and read through this manual I got at how to take care of her. What a great machine! Had my first experience skidding out today trying to whip a donought. I need some more hours under my belt turning before i can really hit a sharp turn with any speed I think

I was told (by the same man who showed me the left handle bar "clutch") that this was an '83. As one pic shows the year has ripped off of the ID tag on the front, so if anyone can positively ID by these pics lemme know....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3215.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	107582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3217.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	107581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3213.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	267.6 KB 
ID:	107580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3216.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	107579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3218.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	107578  

--

ATCrider42 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Nice trike. I like it. Hope you figured out how to shift it though. HAHA......git it raggg

--
    Yea, shifting is getting better, haha. Now if only i could find a place to ride it close by my house. i think the neighbors are gonna get on me here pretty soon....
    Last edited by Fari; 10-20-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: because....dumb Q i figured out...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //