//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1992 Suzuki RM 125

--

1992 Suzuki RM 125

Anybody have a early 90s rm 125? I might be gettin one sunday for a woods bike. My rear diff on my 250sx is starting to make noise so im gonna get the rm as a back up for when my diff goes out. any thoughts?

--
    Well I got the rm 125 today and its bogging pretty bad. Once it gets going it will absolutely fly but it just has a problem getting up to speed. Theres hardly any power in first gear. what do you guys think it could be?

--
    Clean the carb and air filter. Is the jetting too rich? Are the power-valves opening? I just rode my 91 CR250 today. I just fixed my power-valves and added a Boyesen Rad Valve to it. I already went one size down on the main jet and I need to drop the pilot down one too then I think it will be good.

85 Big Red 250ES
    01 Scrambler 90 (Sons')

Past Machines:
    96 Yamaha V-Max 600, 86 200x, 84 200es, 82 70, 82 200, 03 Bombardier DS650, 93 Ski-doo Formula Plus, 87 Ski-doo Stratos, 83 Yamaha XT550, 82 Kawasaki KDX175. 84 Tecate, 86 Tri-Z, 91 CR250.

--
    Check Compression, New plug, Clean the air-filter, check and clean the carb..Start there...
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    thanx for the quick replys guys...Anybody know of a kickstand for an old rm 125? maybe I could make one?

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by parker88 View Post
    thanx for the quick replys guys...Anybody know of a kickstand for an old rm 125? maybe I could make one?
    MX bikes never came with kickstands. you have to either make one, or find a company that offers them for your bike. you will probably have to fabricate though.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 300rman View Post
    MX bikes never came with kickstands. you have to either make one, or find a company that offers them for your bike. you will probably have to fabricate though.
    you are incorrect there buddy. they did come with kick stands up to certain dates. MSR i think makes a bolt on kick stand that attches to the swingarm.

i had bought a new KX80 in 96 and it came with a kick stand from the factory.

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    you are incorrect there buddy. they did come with kick stands up to certain dates. MSR i think makes a bolt on kick stand that attches to the swingarm.

i had bought a new KX80 in 96 and it came with a kick stand from the factory.
    thats an ultra-rare occurrence. ive ridden and worked on a lot of bikes......believe me, i love kickstands, to the point i am shelling out the 150 dollars for a PMB unit for my CR.

he can probably get a swingarm style unit, but he will probably have to cut it up a little to get it to work with his bike. i doubt he will find one that is a direct-bolt on.

dirtjunkie85 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I found a swing arm unit that will fit a 95 RM 125 dunno if it will work for earlier models.
    Motorcycle kickstand
    Heres where I found It just type in Kickstand in the search and it will come up.

--
    pretty sure just the 80cc 2 strokes came with kickstands. 125's and 250's i've never seen one stock.
    Billet Triz 250 parts, Case Savers, Engine Mounts, Boost Bottles, Oil Caps, and Shifters, pm me for info

Shock Rebuilding, PM me for details TRI-Z Shocks rebuilt too

My Feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-sblt500r

--
    Well I got some new boyesen power reeds put in today and it deffinately helped some but its still a little off. Should I check the jets or the power-valve first?

--
    My 95 RM 125 is the same way. There is like no power at all in 1st. I thought the clutch might be going cause as soon as you pull the clutch in and shift in to 1st with the clutch still held in it want's to go. As for the kickstand go to Rockymountainatvmc.com i've seen them on there. I might rebuild my RM this winter and after i do i'll post some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Re.jpg   Ree's.jpg  
    Last edited by z400guy28; 11-03-2010 at 08:54 PM.

--
    your clutch needs adjusted or your plates are sticking together. change oil and adjust it 1st. i miss my 2 strokes. i feel 1 comeing home soon.

--
    Thanks for the info. I'm gonna rebuild the bike from the frame up and i have to seperate the cases cause my chain popped and put a hole in it. So i'm gonna buy new cases,piston,clutch plates and basket, repaint the frame black and buy new black fenders and put a new graphic kit on it. And if i have enough money new black excell rims. She's gonna be my winter project.

--
    i had black rims one...they get scruffed up kinda fast.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //