//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATC 250R - Wider Footpegs

--

ATC 250R - Wider Footpegs

After seeing many other members' trikes & their wider footpegs, either self-fabricated, or adapted from other bikes, and wanting a little bit more comfortable perches for my feet, I decided to fabricate some wider footpegs that will bolt on to my existing, stock footpegs for my '86 ATC 250R. I got a small sheet of 3/16" thick 5052 Aluminum and cut out my patterns. After carefully clamping them in a vice, and adding a little heat, they were bent into the traditional "footpeg" shapes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Footpegs Cutout.JPG   Footpegs Bent.JPG  
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

audioworks04 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    You did that in a vice? Impressive. What did you use to cut them out? I assume something cool that few of us have or even have access to....cnc? plasma?

2005 CRF450R Alum Frame build done, switching to inverts.
    86 trx250r fmf fatty fmf q k&n v force reeds gold valve rear shock with eibach spring.
    86 atc250r stock sand only
    88 NX250 mint rainy day
    85 kawi js550 stand up basicly stock
    87 kawi js550 scary fast for a stand up

--
    Would those fit a 86 atc 350x?
    "Your 4 wheeler must be fast because you were haulin' ass....UNTIL I passed you on 3 wheels"

RIDE RED......OR RIDE HOME

TRIKES ARE NOT DANGEROUS......IDIOTS ARE!

RIP

NOS_350X is the most bad-ass person in the world

--
    Quote Originally Posted by audioworks04 View Post
    You did that in a vice? Impressive. What did you use to cut them out? I assume something cool that few of us have or even have access to....cnc? plasma?
    Thanks audio!

Quite the contrary. I made up a pattern out of cardboard, traced the outline onto the aluminum sheet with a scribe, and then cut out the shapes with a Bosch saber saw. For all of the teeth on the footpegs, before I bent them up, I drilled a hole at the bottom of each tooth (15 holes on each side + 3 holes on the ends for a total of 33 holes on each footpeg). I made a little jig to guide me, so that the holes were evenly spaced. Then I used the saber saw again to cut each "V" down to the holes that I drilled.

In that first pic, they way that I have them arranged, it kind of looks like a square sprocket, huh?

--
    Nice work!

85 Big Red 250ES
    01 Scrambler 90 (Sons')

Past Machines:
    96 Yamaha V-Max 600, 86 200x, 84 200es, 82 70, 82 200, 03 Bombardier DS650, 93 Ski-doo Formula Plus, 87 Ski-doo Stratos, 83 Yamaha XT550, 82 Kawasaki KDX175. 84 Tecate, 86 Tri-Z, 91 CR250.

--
    Thanks Puggerton!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Would those fit a 86 atc 350x?
    Shorty, I don't know for sure. If 350X footpegs are identical to the 250R's, then yes, but I'm not familiar with the 350X footpegs.

--
    Very very impressive work..Id love a set!
    My 3WW Feedback Thread:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...back-for-D-dub

Salut Gilles

--
    Looks great! How bout a pic installed? Would you consider making more?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by D-dub View Post
    Very very impressive work..Id love a set!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass8 View Post
    Looks great! How bout a pic installed? Would you consider making more?
    Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm not quite done yet. I still need to finalize the installation hardware & install them when I get back home, then I'll have some more pics. Unfortunately, since these as all of my custom parts, are handmade, so I have no way of quickly reproducing them, which prevents me from offering additional sets for sale. I wish I had the ability to quickly turn these things out via a cnc mill for everyone that's interested in them.

--
    I finally got around to finishing these up today. I'm using stainless steel bolts & coupling nuts, along with 1/2" zinc-coated, spacers on the outsides of the stock footpegs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Footpegs Installed.JPG  

--
    that sure does look strong and beefy

--
    Ok, stop, enough is enough !!!

Do you take Paypal?
    Really. Will you make me a set of these? You should...

TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    Ouch those look painfully awesome! hold your feet and your calf woohoo! super nice job with the tools you have!
    2- 85 Tri-Z's black and Yellow
    2- 85 250SX's
    1- 85 200X
    3-ATC 70's
    2- 85 tri-zinger's who needs some parts

--
    Quote Originally Posted by torker View Post
    Will you make me a set of these? You should...
    Thanks Torker. I'll have to add these to the "most requested parts" list. I really wish there was a way for me to quickly reproduce these, and a few other fabricated goodies, but there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by tri-Z ripper View Post
    Ouch those look painfully awesome! hold your feet and your calf woohoo! super nice job with the tools you have!
    Thanks ripper! I've got a few scratches on my hands & arms from those pegs already, just because I decided to wipe the bike down prior to a trip to the dunes.

And, now the first ride report:

These footpegs are way too grippy! I'm gonna need to dull down the teeth some before the next ride. They're so sharp that they're digging into my boot's soles, and chewing them up, which doesn't allow me to reposition my feet on the pegs very quickly, and I don't like that. I expected the aluminum to get worn & dulled down fairly quickly, but 3 days worth of riding later, and they're still sharp.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Thanks Torker. I'll have to add these to the "most requested parts" list. I really wish there was a way for me to quickly reproduce these, and a few other fabricated goodies, but there isn't.

Thanks ripper! I've got a few scratches on my hands & arms from those pegs already, just because I decided to wipe the bike down prior to a trip to the dunes.

And, now the first ride report:

These footpegs are way too grippy! I'm gonna need to dull down the teeth some before the next ride. They're so sharp that they're digging into my boot's soles, and chewing them up, which doesn't allow me to reposition my feet on the pegs very quickly, and I don't like that. I expected the aluminum to get worn & dulled down fairly quickly, but 3 days worth of riding later, and they're still sharp.
    See, they are NO good to you. They're out to get you...Send them to me. And build yourself some worn out ones. I just saved your boots, hands, arms... heck, even saved your life.

TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //