//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 72 yamaha at1.. adding an expansion chamber

Deathrocket is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

72 yamaha at1.. adding an expansion chamber

so i have my 2 wheeler now.. anyone know if any of the yz exhaust pipes with an expansion chamber will fit and work on my at1? also can I braze an exhaust together? thanks folks.

dirtjunkie85 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I dunno but thats an interesting idea. i wonder if the added chamber would help a bike that was not necesarliy designed to have one or posibly be detremental. I think you should be able to braze one together for it. It should be an improvement if not they would be running strait pipes on newer two strokes now a days.

--
    Not true. Most of the earlier 2 stroke machines did not have reed valves. Later model 2 strokes had reed valves. There is a difference in the reed vavle and non reed valve engines exhaust needs.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

Deathrocket is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    it is the first year of reeds.. they called it torque induction.. so. that being said.. should I try and add an expansion chamber?

--
    Is your AT1 ridiculously loud?

I have a so-called AT2 according to the title, but VIN and engine number start in AT1....Figure it's the same thing.

Best way to describe it.....imagine a pissed off man-sized bumble bee. Yea, it's THAT loud and obnoxious.

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    i probably havee a expantion chamber for that bike ..

--
    I just sold a bassani expansion chamber on ebay for that bike. I have several more pipes if you need 1 or 2 to work with.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //