//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATC 70 + Powerwheels = electric ATC 70

--

ATC 70 + Powerwheels = electric ATC 70

While i have been messing around with the ATC 70 for my kids i have had a peg gator gave to me and it sat for a while. I looked to see what was wrong with it and one gearbox was broken. Last time i was home from work i found two new gearboxes on ebay and got them.
    I went to put them in the gator and my youngest boy (4) said he wanted them on his three wheeler. There was no way i was messing up the one i was working on for a whim, but i got thinking about it I had a extra 70 frame and forks in my parts bin. So i got it out and put the forks on the frame.
    The rear tires on the gator are about the same size as the original 70 tires. So i decided to do a little more parts digging. I wound up putting the drive-train out of the gator into the 70. The way I have it set up now was just to see if it was going to work and be worth my wild. I KNOW the wiring looks bad but i didn't want to cut the spare powerwheels wiring up until i knew it would work right.
    I let him ride it for a few minutes and he likes it. So now i am going to cut out a piece of plywood in the shape of the engine, drill it for holes and mount it with spacers to center it up in the ft. Then cut the wood so i can mount the battery, high, low, reverse switch on the wood engine cut out. Then i need to make a couple of braces for the rear axle. On the front end i have one of the gators front tires, but will be replacing it with the spare 70 ft hub and tire i have. The bearings were locked up so i had to rig that up on the ft to try it out. That gas tank is off some kind of bike and was on the other 70 when i first got it, not sure what is is off of. After a few more parts come in maybe i can get there real 70 fixed.

THE PARTS DONOR

Doesn't look bad but yellow rims are going to have to be painted silver and the empty spot for the engine will be filled with the wood cut out. Once that is done and everything relocated from the rear i can make a mount for the foot pegs.

YES I KNOW THE WIRING LOOKS BAD BUNCHED UP THERE, THAT WAS ONLY FOR TESTING. IT WILL BE FIXED.
    185s - 200 top, cam, k&n air filter, clutch pack with hd springs, ft fork extenders ( had since the early 80's)
    185s - k&n air filter, clutch pack with hd springs, ft for extenders(been in the family since new was my uncles)
    250 big red - winch, narrow ft tire kit (dads)(bought new)
    200x - Roller, going auto-x, with white fenders.
    110 late make square headlight
    Blaster roller getting a spare 185s engine.

--
    That thing belongs on the Red Green show!
    Keep on Triking!!!! "I am the NIGHT RIDER!!!"

RIP Ninja!

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-thestud25

Trike Fest 2011, 2012 Vet!
    Founding member of the Haspin 6ft Bats Club!!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    86 Kawasak KLT110. All documentation, bought from original owner.
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

--
    Interesting. With modern battery technology, you could get a 70 to do the same top speed as a 350X
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

--
    cool, and enviromentaly friendly!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
    Interesting. With modern battery technology, you could get a 70 to do the same top speed as a 350X
    riiighht, and with the same weight as well, rofl.

--
    thats great, it should be on the RED GREEN show, love the backyard inventions lol! Can't wait to see it when its all done
    2- 85 Tri-Z's black and Yellow
    2- 85 250SX's
    1- 85 200X
    3-ATC 70's
    2- 85 tri-zinger's who needs some parts

--
    Any up dates on this?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thestud25 View Post
    That thing belongs on the Red Green show!
    it will need some duct tape first.
    TPC Trikes Are Awesome

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Modding_out View Post
    Any up dates on this?
    Not yet. I let them ride it until a few days ago. I have it in the shop now. I took part of it back apart but today i head back to work for a month so it will be till i get home next time that i work on it.
    185s - 200 top, cam, k&n air filter, clutch pack with hd springs, ft fork extenders ( had since the early 80's)
    185s - k&n air filter, clutch pack with hd springs, ft for extenders(been in the family since new was my uncles)

--
    Did you finish it?! Any chance did you get any video of it in action?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    Did you finish it?! Any chance did you get any video of it in action?
    Wow. That’s a deeeeeeeep bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    I did semi finish it. Put a mount down low for foot pegs. They rode it like that for a while then it just sat for years. Only original 70 parts on it was the frame, Ft forks and seat\fenders. It should be getting its next life now. A few months back I sold my complete 70 and gave it to the guy who bought it. He said he had picked up another 70 before mine with a bent frame. So he needed another frame and forks.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    Wow. That’s a deeeeeeeep bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOR View Post
    I did semi finish it. Put a mount down low for foot pegs. They rode it like that for a while then it just sat for years. Only original 70 parts on it was the frame, Ft forks and seat\fenders. It should be getting its next life now. A few months back I sold my complete 70 and gave it to the guy who bought it. He said he had picked up another 70 before mine with a bent frame. So he needed another frame and forks.
    Do you still have any pictures of it with the powerwheel parts installed?

--
    I had to make room in my flickr account so I think those pictures are deleted from there. But I think the originals are on my own phone or old camera at home. I will look for them when.I get a chance.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //