//ArrowChat Code

Thread: My Post Vintage 2 Strokes

--

My Post Vintage 2 Strokes

Not sure how many of you will remember Can-Am, they were made up here in Canada designed by Bombardier Canada. They were basically a competition grade bike that had the best of the best parts on it.. European suspension(Ohlins Shocks, Marzocchi Forks, Austrian Engine (Rotax) etc.. They were known for being very strong running bikes and durable.. I ride them as much as I can at the local MX track and trails.. They're fast as hell and still run with the modern bikes power wise..

1977 Can-Am Qualifier 175 that I restored... I don't ride this much..

1980 Can-Am MX-6 250 - This was a factory MX race bike.. This bike flies, the powerband is very agressive, if you're not carefull with the throttle it will throw you off..

1982 Can-Am Qualifier IV 175 - Excellent running bike, great power and handling, rides like a modern bike..

I've got a bunch of videos online of these bikes in action at the track and on the trails..

--
    Wow man, you got some awesome bikes there! take care of them.
    1985 350x
    1985 atc70

2006 ltz400
    2017 z125pro

--
    Cool stuff, def post a link up of the videos

--
    Cool machines. I understand about thier power as well. I have 2 Rotax powered trikes, a Tiger 250lc and a Tiger 500. The 500 is just smooth power that never quits, but the 250lc is like a switch. All of a sudden it's on the pipe in the powerband and bam.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    Love the Can-Ams, I just recently picked up a Rotax powered ATK 250LQ rode all day today for the first real ride that thing is a smooth runner and feels like it weighs 50 pounds less than my Husqvarna. I also have a 78 YZ250 and the power on that is more like a guillotine than a switch but that makes things interesting and a heck of a lot of fun...
    TRIKE INTERESTS
    A1/A2 TECATE's

BIKE INTERESTS
    ATK, Husqvarna, Maico, Harley Davidson & Yamaha Twins

PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE FOLLOWING STOLEN 3/30/2012

1999 ATK 260LQ ENG# 425681 Red/White/Blue VIN# 4MAV1CC43XA009376 (Its the last one missing out of four the first three were destroyed)

My Feedback

--
    NICE Can-ams!!! I got a 77 qualifier 250..in need of love!! it runs...buddy had one in high-school...they are FAST!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1927.jpg   HPIM1926.jpg   HPIM1929.jpg   HPIM1928.jpg  
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    thanks guys, yes these bikes do fly! The Qualifiers were basically enduro/woods bikes where the MX were obviously motocross bikes.. The power between the 2 were totally different.. They're both strong running bikes but they're ported differently, use different rotary valves and port timing.. The Qualifiers and TNT's are more tamed down than the MX series which are like on and off switches.. I've never ridden a L/C Can-Am, they were the later bikes that CCM produced under the Can-Am name after the original Can-Am went out of buisiness. I'm sure they're great runners too.

MTS - what do you need for you Qualifier 250?

Here's some videos of my bikes in action. The MX-6 sounds so freakin' crisp.. I can listen to that sound all day and not get tired of it lol

Riding my MX-6 out at my inlaw's farm.

Riding my 82 Qualifier at the local MX track.

--
    Sweet video's....my qualifier needs the suspension done front+Rear, front hub is cracked, and i need a thorottle cable/ air cleaner set up....The main bearings are Rough,,,should have some life left in it...Hope to get working on it this winter
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    do you have a source for parts? If not I can suggest somebody to you who I personally deal with.. get ahold of Kevin Anette from VintageParts4u.com tell him Pete sent you.. he's a good guy, he's a can-am guy and gets all the Rotax parts for these bikes as well as all the other accessories..

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //