//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1987 honda 250r

--
    Garry, I will notorize a squirrel pelt if you cut me in on the billion dollars.
    Keep on Triking!!!! "I am the NIGHT RIDER!!!"

RIP Ninja!

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-thestud25

Trike Fest 2011, 2012 Vet!
    Founding member of the Haspin 6ft Bats Club!!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    86 Kawasak KLT110. All documentation, bought from original owner.
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thestud25 View Post
    Garry, I will notorize a squirrel pelt if you cut me in on the billion dollars.
    And I'll witness for another cut.

--
    If it truly is an 87, he should change his rare title to one-of-a-kind. I bet it is a piece also. Just look at it and then no close up pics? Awful suspicious!

cbx1170 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    8 th Digit from last in Vin is an "h" in Ebay listing somehow?????? mysteriously changed to "g" in his responses. h = 87 nonexistent g = 86 lots of them. Do I detect an attempt to "mask" the truth? HmMMMMMM.....
    TIME TO STRETCH THE RODS
    ROLL THAT BEAUTIFUL BEAN FOOTAGE

--
    Deal! Both of you are in, now we just need a sucker, I mean buyer!!!

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx1170 View Post
    8 th Digit from last in Vin is an "h" in Ebay listing somehow?????? mysteriously changed to "g" in his responses. h = 87 nonexistent g = 86 lots of them. Do I detect an attempt to "mask" the truth? HmMMMMMM.....
    Did he really do that? What a scumbag...
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

dksix is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    That's an awesome find. A documented 87 250R with all the upgrades you would want, if you were lucky enough to own a documented 87R. Read the add: RACE PLASTIC, got rid of that low end OEM stuff. AFTER MARKET wheels, I know you guys always put after market wheels on your trikes cause the OEM's are weak and bend. Best of all it's got an keyed iginion delete. Who wants a keyed ignition on a race trike???? Keys just get lost. I'll bet it was done right too. I'd even bet you couldn't find where the plug was on the wiring harness for the keyed ignition. You all are just hating on him cause he's got a documented 87R and you don't.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dksix View Post
    That's an awesome find. A documented 87 250R with all the upgrades you would want, if you were lucky enough to own a documented 87R. Read the add: RACE PLASTIC, got rid of that low end OEM stuff. AFTER MARKET wheels, I know you guys always put after market wheels on your trikes cause the OEM's are weak and bend. Best of all it's got an keyed iginion delete. Who wants a keyed ignition on a race trike???? Keys just get lost. I'll bet it was done right too. I'd even bet you couldn't find where the plug was on the wiring harness for the keyed ignition. You all are just hating on him cause he's got a documented 87R and you don't.
    No, I have an 87R as well. They are popping up everywhere. Mine came in some silly wooden box with a cardboard Honda covering. It sure was a pain in the ass to put it all together. I got a deal from the guy since it was un-assembled. The shrink wrap on the plastics and what not was hard to take off. I kept the keyed ignition on mine though. I like the security it brings.

I am also getting a 87 350x as well. I will be parting it immediately because I have no use for it......

I cannot believe some of these idiots!

RIP Ninja!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

--
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx1170 View Post
    Revision summary for item #150521103374
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=150521103374

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeMike View Post
    Revision summary for item #150521103374
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=150521103374
    So he originally had it as 86 Vin then changed it to 87?

RIP Ninja!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

tri-z987 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    he sent me this about 2hours ago..

"Well i called the dmv.and now they tell me they made a mistake on the vin number so heres the right vin number sorry about that,so now i have run down to the dmv again and get the proper paper work now. so run this number and let me know..sorry...jh3tbo705hc504408"

--
    I've gone back and forth with him, this was the latest:

Dear bighair838383,

The hell with the DMV. If you know it's worth $$$$$$$$$$$ then add the critical pictures/serial numbers and people will bid. I'd think you'd already have them on EBAY unless it's not an 87? Otherwise, your probably looking at 1500$ or so. False advertising just means a long battle and a refund...... You aren't gonna get bids based on the DMV, IMHO....... Good luck!

Why can he not just post some engine numbers/pictures of broken plastic - anything??

1986 for the 200th time in the last 20 years
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Dude's I don't want to start a WAr on here but In CANADa we did get the 250R in 1987 I know I rode my friends in the pits many time and his bros had a 350x but not sure on the year of the 350x
    but Im 100% sure that we got many 250R in 1987
    Curent trike 1985 Honda Big Red 250ES / 200 Big Red

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda250ES View Post
    Dude's I don't want to start a WAr on here but In CANADa we did get the 250R in 1987 I know I rode my friends in the pits many time and his bros had a 350x but not sure on the year of the 350x
    but Im 100% sure that we got many 250R in 1987
    This comment means nothing without PICS to prove it. There have been soooo many claims that people have owned, riden, seen, whatever 87 250R's and 350X's. At the end of the day there is no proof other than what people claim. There are tons of Canadian members on here and no one has been able to come up with proof. If there were "many 250r in1987" like you claim something would have come up by now with pics or documents to prove it.

RIP Ninja!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

--
    Picked up an '85 250R from a french redneck north of Montreal a couple of weekends ago. This guy had 2 TRX250R, 3 Banshees (one of 'em with CPI block on it) , a 350X and 2 85 250Rs. He says: "too bad you didin come lass year. I ad real clean 87 250 ar. Guy from de US showed up wit turdy five undred and diden even try the bike. EE load it up and go ome right away!"

87 hunh? I reply.

"YA, funny, I still ad the keyes for it too!"

Woah, what else? he discribed it as a long rod unit, red tank, white plastics, keyed ignition....etc,etc.

I asked for pictures but, alas, his girlfriend erased them by mistake (sure...). Said he'd look for some older prints and take pics of them.

Lastly, I asked if he new about this site or .org site to which he said "wah?!"

Still waiting.

Before leaving I told him that If he wanted his 15minutes of fame on the net, he should find those pics. I explained that he would be the first to have proof of any 87 having been sold... He scoffed and mumbled "Calisse, chu pas tuseul a nawere eu un!" (I'm not the only guy to have had one) : [
    Last edited by BGP; 11-16-2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: 15 mins bit

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //