//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Newest Tionesta Trikes 450R Build

--

Newest Tionesta Trikes 450R Build

So I simply could not pass up the deal my local Honda shop was selling a new leftover 2008 TRX450ER for. I bit the bullet and bought one on a Wednesday.

I rode it for approx 10 minutes and was less than impressed. It just felt stupid to me. that Saturday night - we had a quad cutting party

The following Saturday I was riding it in this form.

I will ride it this entire week - then tear it down for frame powder coating and all other painting and polishing.

I gotta say - this bike just feels right - the handling is amazing - and in my opinion far easier for me to ride than the TRX version. This thing is truly amazing.

My last Honda 450 conversion had CRF Cam, Yoshi exhaust and no airbox lid. I simply could not use all the power that motor put out on a track. I am going to leave this guy stock for a few races and see how I do - I think besides the holeshot - I should be just fine on it. Also - it is so quiet in stock form compared to a piped one!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Nice! I will be there in 2 days for my test ride.

--
    Chopping up a NEW quad? That's taking it to a whole 'nother level! Looks like you guys are getting conversions down to a science. Nice work

Rob

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Bravo man. That golf cart had it coming. I can understand what your theory is about actually being faster in its stock form. The power is going to be a lot more usable, or "tractable", I think...
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Another fine build, Tim... look forward to seeing it in person!

--
    Well... I know what I want for christmas..
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

--
    The one time I rode a 450 quad, it just slid all over the place and never seemed to go in the direction I pointed it.

Great job, looks really good
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Thats cool, like the light setup...Beets
    80' Honda CR80R
    78' Honda XR75
    77' Honda CT-70
    74' Honda CT-70
    75' Yamaha GT80 Enduro
    76' Kawasaki KZ900
    73' Kawasaki H1-500
    76' Kawasaki H1-500
    They always run best before they blow!
    Manuals: http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

--
    Thanks for the compliments guys. For the TRX450 being Honda's MX racebike - it sure doesn't steer very well. I honestly think I can corner faster on this thing on flat ground than I could with the quad. Part of that might be I am so used to using extra body english from riding trikes my whole life - that I can not do that cause of the front fenders on the quad - not enough room up there.

--
    looks awesome! A couple of things... is that front wheel much smaller than a liquid 250R wheel? It looks it, maybe it's just the ultra beefy forks and the upside down trick that does it. Another, is there some way to wrap those rads? I would smack them off for sure on my trails.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, getting a trx450R and trying it out, and then cutting it up if I don't like it as a quad.

--
    After cutting up the quad and finishing the conversion, do you take it back and show it to the dealer? Wondering what his comments would be. Going to bring that to Rose City next year?
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

--
    The rads are tucked back far enough not to get hurt. They are tighter than my last 450 build - that I barrel rolled and did not hurt them.

Hey Hublake - I do plan on bringing it to Rose City. Also - I do plan on taking it back to the dealer for it's first servicing - they recommended it!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    I do plan on taking it back to the dealer for it's first servicing - they recommended it!
    lol... wish I could see their faces!

CanadianThomas is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    The rads are tucked back far enough not to get hurt. They are tighter than my last 450 build - that I barrel rolled and did not hurt them.

Hey Hublake - I do plan on bringing it to Rose City. Also - I do plan on taking it back to the dealer for it's first servicing - they recommended it!
    Please, when you take it in wear a cam so we all can see it. That will be a very funny moment.
    85 Honda 200x, rider build almost complete, need aftermarket rear shock.
    85 Honda 250es, with some work to do.

--
    YES!!! I love it Golf carts seem very strange after riding 3wheelers for so long, cause they turn sooooo slowwwwww, and the lack of room. It's all about the fun factor for me. Because of that, couches simply don't compare...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //