//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 250sx club

--
    Hell0 98rangerll, I have a stock 86 white plastic with headlight len on it. but there are a small cracked and it's white cable tied on right side, but not bad at all. i not sure if i want to sell it or i might need it or keep it for future need.

I have an 86 atc 250sx and an 85 250sx, mine 85 250sx has all brand new fresh white fenders on it, it looks so nice and shiny but it has a mint red headlight on it but i always wonder about paint it a white, so what product of a white stuff and paint to use to stay and stick to front plastic headlight?? Do you know any?

there are some nice 250sx on these forums. gotta to love 250sx club

--
    oh i do love the sx club lol im kinda new to trikes and only just this fall got my first trike and already have 2 85 sx's and 2 110s and 2 extra sx frames and im having a blast trying to get them all togeather and running good i got my best sx tore down to bare frame right now and im gonna be getting it painted here soon and getting it all back togeather and should have it goin very soon and the others im just taking my time with i know they make pain like napa or most parts stores sell for painting plastic but ive never done it so i dont know how it holds up or any of that or even the name but i do know they make paint for it

--
    nice sx tecat z, i have been looking for a straight light gaurd for mine. The aftermarket bars look a bit funny, but i would like to try them, the stockers are so low and laid back. Welcome to the club 98rangerll.

--
    thanks for the welcome i will try to get pics tomarow and get them posted oh also if anyone has a extra tank my tank has a hole the size of a quarter so im looki but i dont have a boat load to spend right now so any help is apreciated thanks

--
    98rangerll Welcome to 3wheelerworld plus welcome to 250sx club... mine bikes are all original and runs strong, never had any issues.. they are all bulletproof bike and great on gas.. i love it.. i owned 5 honda ATC's...

Yea i know what your saying about a front headlight plastic and which paint is gonna to accept to stick the white paint color, i think maybe bring it to auto paint shop? smart moves? also ask some tips from them also>?

--
    Count me in as a new sx member 1985.

Ok as a member I feel I can ask for experience. I would like to install big red (250es) tires and wheels (size 25x11x9) as opposes to the stock 22X11X8 tires. This should give more traction and clearance. Some say it can't be done.

I am willing to try spacers to get clearance ???

just need helpful advice on: what wheeels to buy??

what tires will fit??

How about using the wheel bolt plates that spine on the big red axle (off the axle of a 84 200es to get the 4-150) so I can use some 9inch diameter 4-150 pattern wheels. Is the spline the same??????

Surely someone out their has done this?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

Many thanks to sharing their experience.
    David

--
    not sure if that will combo will work 200sxrider but i say even though you may gain traction you can also gain traction by getting a differrent tire design that is more aggreseive or with new tires without changing tire size look at the possible gains vs. losses you would need more torque as the bigger you go the harder it has to work the engine to work turn em and yes by goin bigger on size you get clearance and the more tipsy you will get also if you go to big you feel like you have no power because of lack of torque,to big and they might tear your dust boots and possibly even the seals on your forks. now on the plus side if you have the space those bigger tires might improve your top speed they would give you more ground clearance and dependant on the tires you use might get you better traction just remember the more of a size change you make the more you will notice a difference in power either way and with the sizes you listed your talkin a inch smaller rim and a 3 inch bigger tire witch means your talking a 1"and a 1/2 inch bigger than stock size not alot but it might be enough to rub thru them seals and to the hubs and lug pattern i dont know that info but i hope this helps you out some if not and you dont find it here maybe in the regular trikesylvania if you start a new thread some one else might have tried and have a answer for you there wish i had more info for ya

--
    HELLO 98rangerll ,
    YOU AND I MUST HAVE MENTAL TELAPATHY. tHAT IS WHAT i WAS CONCERNED WITH. I ordered a set of 22x11x8 with free shipping yesterday. my concern also is the availability of these tires is decreasing. So we will all be in the same boat together. If you don't believe me just see what is in stock and you will order some also or be out of luck.

I plan on keeping the weight off mine when not being ridden and will keep them aired up checking often.

Thanks for the aformation.

--
    1985 ATC 250SX w/maier aftermarket fenders & custom trailer
    [IMG][/IMG]
    ATC 250SX & 250R THE BEST THERE IS! SIMPLE AS THAT!
    1985 honda ATC 250SX: undergoing resto.
    1983 honda ATC 250R: yard-cruiser/speed demon!
    1994 Yamaha Blaster: shop/garage queen
    2000 honda XR 200: yard-cruiser/spare
    WANNA RACE???

--
    Here is my 85,might be up for sale soon.Will know more after tommrow.
    Last edited by jays375; 02-26-2011 at 07:26 PM.

--
    Here are some pics of my 85 ATC250sx. http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/s...20atc%20250SX/

Tecate Karl is offline Check my feedback before buying from me First time rider
    --
    Well For you guys looking to put bigger tires on your SX's I have run stock 250 big red tires on the back of mine and really did not notice that much of a low end loss it did feel a little tipser but I think that is mainly from the balloon stile tire I think a tire with a flatter tread would eliminate that. I have also found a way to put a 10x5 inch rim on the front with out changing any thing so that will also give you a bigger tire selection just my 2 cents I currently have a 23x8x10 on the front of my SX with the stock front hub.

swifty is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    tacate karl whats the rim and whats the mod to do it we need info!
    ACT NOW THINK LATER!
    current trikes owned
    minty 86 250sx my rider
    pauter flat track framed 110-123cc with custom goodies
    pauter mx framed 110-123cc with aftermarket goodies
    joker framed 90-108cc with front suspension
    2007 artic cat DVX 400
    dickson sprint framed 73 green us90 with 110 engine

Tecate Karl is offline Check my feedback before buying from me First time rider
    --
    well swifty thats the best part there is no mod required. What I did is I bought the front rim off of a 1993 honda 200d from rocky mountain atv (if you need part number let me know). It bolts right on the only thing is with the offset you need to run the valve stem on the drum side but with it being a 10in rim it is still easy to get too so this is the cheaper way to go to the narrow front tire verses the 200x conversion.

--
    How do these compare to the 200xs,I like shaft drive but I know it takes some hp off reaching the wheels vs a chain.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //