//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350x extended swing arm

blkstangman88 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

350x extended swing arm

ive been reading thread after thread and im still left clueless. is there a company that makes an extended swing arm or not? everyone ive seen has been custom made. is there a diff model we can get a swing arm off of that will fit?

--
    I highly doubt you will ever find an extended one, at least not new. And any longer ones you find will be cut/welded to extend. Some may be done cleanly.......others, won't.

The best option for a longer swingarm and newer parts is trx 450r parts. They are brand new, easy to get and find, and cheap, relatively.

Machining work will be needed, as will maybe a new shock.

These are just guesses from last night, but it looks like an 04/05 450r swinger is around 2" or more longer, and an 06+ 450r swinger is around 3" longer than stock. I didn't measure, just eyeballed from a distance. Even if they aren't that much longer, you can buy an aftermarket 450r setup with more length.

New calipers are only $100. Beats paying $50 for a seized junked old 350x one. Plus you can use the full master cylinder from the 450r as well. Axles may be wider, I have not looked at them side by side.

Plus this means endless amounts of new calipers, rotors, carriers, axles, etc. No more paying up the ass for older rusted parts.

Expect about $300 or less for a full rear end setup less the shock. This is for take off parts in good shape, used and lightly abused may be cheaper.

--
    I'll warn you all ahead of time, you have to build a super strong mount with gussets on the lower frame rail for the linkage on a 350X. I'll get it down, maybe even offer a "weld on kit" , who knows. But, that will just be another product that won't sell......... Also, many of you are incapable of milling the swingarms down to the correct width.

The 450R shock is useless unless you lower the top mount extensively but I'll look into it. For now, the 250R shock with the right spring seems to set the right seat height and seem to fit "correctly".

I'll be offering to rebuild 250R shocks in the future.

I certainly suggest swapping to new 450R parts, especially the master (I'm offering a weld on gusset to use a 450R master) but the whole unit overall is just a great update. It's just not as easy as putting it on a 250R...............
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    DC, maybe a 2001 Raptor 660 shock? And sucks about the piggy-back reservoir on the 450r shock. I still need to swing by and look at your 250r shock set up.

AJZ_200X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I know metaltech makes aftermarket swingarms, but they are very very difficult when installing the bearing carriers into them. From personal experience, i can say that they are not worth the money paid. It takes a lot of tweaking to get it to fit correctly. You might want to try modifying a stocker or 450r one..

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure I could build a fixture and make 350X arms, I guess the question is whether its worth the time involved or not.

blkstangman88 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    i did c the 450r setup. having the arm milled a bit thinner wouldnt b a big problem. but a 06 450r arm would b roughly 2.5 - 3in longer??

--
    billy if you do i am in for a extended 350x swinger

--
    Quote Originally Posted by blkstangman88 View Post
    i did c the 450r setup. having the arm milled a bit thinner wouldnt b a big problem. but a 06 450r arm would b roughly 2.5 - 3in longer??
    That's a guess just by looking at them. I will have to measure to get an exact measurement, but it does seem a tad longer.
    If it's at least 2" longer, it won't look as weird with heel guards. (Otherwise they sit about 1" from the rear tires)

--
    For anyone that comes across this old thread great.com sells new extended swingers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by LBZDirtyMaxx View Post
    For anyone that comes across this old thread great.com sells new extended swingers.

Hreatv.com * sorry, didn't realize my autocorrect changed it

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //