//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1985 ATC250ES 'Big Red'

--

1985 ATC250ES 'Big Red'

Any other Big Red riders have any luck or experience with front fork extenders? I'm wanting a little lift, and I hear it's the only way to accomplish this on the front. I can fab a bracket for the back or just go up a size or two on tires. Another question, what jet/pipe combo do any of you know works well with this machine? Any of you experience any difference in switching to a K&N air filter? Sorry for the fast questions folks, I'm a new member and haven't been or worked on a trike since my Suzuki ALT50 days @ age 8. Thanks for any help and info!

--
    i think on the 250r & 350x there using moto cross down tubes off motorcycles? but not sure if thats gona wrk on the br
    " think I won't "

skypilot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    hey toby big red, been lookin at the same thing for my 85 250es. do a search on mondex, a member here on the site. He has a radical 250es lifted and 'lawed! Let me know what u come up with, wanting to do a 2'' lift on mine!
    Texas Triker

--
    Easiest way to lift the front end on a ES is to put a SX front end on it... Mondex's lift was extending the triple, and still using stock ES front forks... Zero travel benefit...
    No trikes. Too old, too crippled. Unless I find one I can't live without!
    "You cant fix stupid" ~ Ron White
    My feeback link: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-Thorpe

matt86200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I had a 350x carb on my 250 with a cobra pipe, uni airfilter. On one of my 250sx's i have a trx300 carb completely stock, stock exhaust feels like it has a little more git up and go with the 300 carb i like it so far.
    85 250sx
    86 300es in the making
    86 200x
    86 350x

--
    This is the lift I done on my BR. I cut triple clamps off another scrapped bike and welded them underneath mine. Made a big difference!

"Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

--
    Thanks for all the info guys, this helps a ton! @ Matt, I have a working carb off of an old FourTrax 300 (those things are so bulletproof), is this the carb you were talking about? If so, I might give it a shot! Also, with moving to the bigger carb, will it still need to be jetted for an aftermarket pipe?

--

Rear bracket lift

--
    I run a full Cobra exhaust with a stock jetted carb, I have a FO 14 muffler (for a Ford Tractor) that I ned to weld on.

matt86200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I run the 300trx carb with the stock exhaust. Works great so far without changing any carb setting at all at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyBigRed View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys, this helps a ton! @ Matt, I have a working carb off of an old FourTrax 300 (those things are so bulletproof), is this the carb you were talking about? If so, I might give it a shot! Also, with moving to the bigger carb, will it still need to be jetted for an aftermarket pipe?
    85 250sx
    86 300es in the making
    86 200x
    86 350x

--
    Thanks for the extra info! Any of you guys have a suggestion as to where to look for custom aftermarket trike wheels? I'm having horrible luck.

skypilot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Wow, this thread is great, I like all the pics, tryin to get my 85 BR lifted! Took it to a custom shop and they wouldn't touch it, said they were afraid i would sue if the forks broke! LOl! Mondex, who done yours? I think i may try a machine shop next! A winter project fo sho! I run a stock carb, and uni filter, and a full cobra exhaust, thinkin of takin the cobra off though, to loud and trike seems to run too lean! Not sure.
    Texas Triker

--
    Has anybody tried HMF/FMF fatties on a BR?

--
    Any of you guys with lifted front/rear ends, any tipping problems on trails/hills?

Also, for the guys running a TRX300 carb, any issues common with those? Choke plunger or some other choke/cold weather piece? Apparently that's why I got my trx300 parts, they didn't want to buy an $80 carb piece.

It would have been done....but an old 'friend' sabotaged the engine and broke the inner crank case.

--
    I've been thinkin about lifting mine like Mondexbrute's. In his build thread he says he's runnin 2.5" wheel spacers in the back so I think it'd be pretty stable. I've been wantin some spacers for the rear anyways, and 2 more inches of ground clearance with the lift would be priceless. I'm always bottoming out in the mud.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...lifted+big+red

'85 Honda 200X
    '85 Honda Big Red 250es
    '85 Honda 250R
    '82 Honda ATC 70
    '87 LT500R Quadzilla

BRUP!!!!!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //