//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Porterville Foils

--
    I'm sure I'll catch hell for saying this but in my opinion...that porterville foil looks like chit. A big ol' oversized number plate pointed up towards the sun.

Definitely more of a cosmetic part than an effective performance part.

But hey....to each their own.
    "You should never smoke in pajamas..
    You might start a fire and burn your face..
    Maybe you should return to Manaugua..
    You could go un-noticed in such a place"

FZ

Ass,gas or grass....nobody rides for free!

Ride free,Brotha. See you in Heaven.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis-Tecate3 View Post
    Attachment 111692Attachment 111693I spy something up on the top shelf patiently waiting for me....
    Dude..... thanks for the un-warranted torture I'm glad you are patient.......... the rest of us however........

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Maico View Post
    I'm sure I'll catch hell for saying this but in my opinion...that porterville foil looks like chit. A big ol' oversized number plate pointed up towards the sun.

I'm glad to hear somebody else say it first! I'm jumping on your wagon Maico!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Maico View Post

Ya, I hate to let the cat out of the bag, but trikes aren’t exactly aerodynamic wonders, so I don’t see a little spoiler creating enough of an advantage to make up for the drag caused by the back wheels let alone the rider hanging off to one side so far that he effectively doubles overall width of the machine in the corner, I could see one possible giving some little advantage to a flat track bike when the riders are all tucked in on the straights running close to 100+ but I think they were all show and no go especially on a flat track/tt trike that may be hitting 50 going into the turns...
    TRIKE INTERESTS
    A1/A2 TECATE's

BIKE INTERESTS
    ATK, Husqvarna, Maico, Harley Davidson & Yamaha Twins

PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE FOLLOWING STOLEN 3/30/2012

1999 ATK 260LQ ENG# 425681 Red/White/Blue VIN# 4MAV1CC43XA009376 (Its the last one missing out of four the first three were destroyed)

My Feedback

--
    Hehehe.We have a few haters. I guess this is just like a +2 swinger. Why do you need that extra 2 inches anyway. Cant keep the front end down. Learn to drive.JK. I like this topic because I have seen 3w.orgs foil pic and no one has ever posted anything like this. There are lots of mods that to me look gay. But each to there own. Some people like team green. And then there were the other guys. MOAR!!!!
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    I can see that foil adding some traction to the front tire at speed. When i ride with my go pro on top of my helmet I can feel it yanking my head back and its much smaller than that foil. I'm sure it works for flat track racing.

When Three Wheelers Attack Productions:
    http://youtu.be/Bh_cvtxz7VQ When 3 wheelers attack
    http://youtu.be/KFONPvn8bzU When 3 wheelers attack: Part 2 (in HD, latest video)
    US-90 Video (now in HD on youtube!)
    "three wheelers don't kill people..... I kill people"

Curtis-Tecate3 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I own it and agree that it is not the prettiest part available which is why I never mounted it I guess.
    It actually looks better if you dont run a front fender and just the foil.

Curtis.
    I love anything with an engine except a lawnmower...
    1986 Tecate and original owner of a 1985 200X.
    3 wheeling since 1975.

--
    Post some pics up of it. Is it the one that is on 3w.org tecate 3 or another one. Id like to see the difference in designs.
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com

--
    Functional, Unique, Ugly, without question. Not all ideas are actually good ones. Downforce at oval track speeds "maybe 55-65 mph" amounts to a fart in the wind.

--
    Hey, I respectively like the fact of my 'unique'(freaky) looking A1 Tecate 3-wheeler. They aren't pretty like the Tri-z or 250r. It's an acquired taste and just cause' they look a little like the red-headed step child of performance, don't mean they aren't nice, lol. But to see classic parts is so cool. To see history is so cool. But it would look cool on some one's restored flat-tracker, just not my rides. I really like the grill on mine, not even a # plate till' I can figure out some sort of light setup. I guess I like the nostalgia of it, so I like seein' it too.
    83' 200x (son's). 85' 200 auto-x & 85' 125m (daughters). 84' Tecate(?). 85' KXT Tecate (mine!, mine!, mine!.)+ some others but don't feel like typing them in.

--
    the foil is in my book totally useless for anything other then boldly displaying the numbers. however, i have for some reason always liked the look of the porterville foil on the 86 t3 flat trackers. it's different, and stands out from the rest of the common number plates. draws attention to you and your bike. i have seen them on the r's and on the z's as well, so tecates werent the only ones to use them. i have my 86 i am doing up as an old school flat tracker, and i have been on the search for one of these foils for a while. someday i will get one hopefully, and then it may or may not end up on the bike. my aim is to have the bike look almost like the pic on the other page. i have the low profile maiers fenders for the 86 already, and i am still actively searching for moth the foil, and a green 85 250r front fender.
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate - kx cylinder, kx ignition, bassani headpipe, answer silencer, v-force reeds, 38mm airstyker carb, +2 franks swinger, raptor rear shock.

1996 YSF240 Blaster - maxxed out!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SH-T, what a ride!"

whipit is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I remember when I first started seeing those things on 3 wheelers in dirtwheels in the 1980's. my initial reaction 25 years ago was that they were very very gay...and I have not warmed up to them at all. having said that, it is a legitimate piece of 3 wheeler racing history and many a flattrack or TT resto would be correct with the foil. Those things remind me of those bloated cowls that a lot of GNCC and off road guysused to put in place of the headlight on 88-89 TRX250R's. It killed the lines of a beautiful machine and looked like a huge, hideous schnozz
    Last edited by whipit; 12-18-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I too think they looked horrible. But they are a piece of history. So I do appreciate them when I see them.

Kind of like everyhting else of that era. There was some dumb fashion statements.

Like the whole Madonna style, The Neon Loud colors, Giant Z Cavaricci tops with huge collars, Parachute pants, the whole Flock of Seaguls hair style...Ugghh.
    Those air dams brings back those memories. I did sport a rather vain mullet though..LMAO
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Come on where are some pics. For Us who like them. Some people are attracted to dumb Blondes and others to brunetts. Its all about taste hehehe. I just want to see what one looks like not being on a bike.
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com

--
    Many years back someone posted a cool pic of a 70 with a foil scaled to size. Complete with numbers.

Personally, I think the Tecate foil looks goofy but I would like one for my 70.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //