//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 ATC 250r Shifter Shaft

--

1984 ATC 250r Shifter Shaft

Hello all. I have, of course, a couple....dozen questions. I just discovered that my foot pedal gear shifter (the one that slides onto the shaft) is broken. This is pretty common from what I've seen. My question is, how hard is it to remove the entire shifter shaft? Reason being, is if it ain't to hard to remove, I will weld the foot pedal to the saft. Then replace it when I get the shaft ordered. Tell me the pros and cons please! Thanks in advance!

--
    This is super old but if you have the old shaft I'll buy it, mine is broken inside, gotta take the motor out and take off the side cover

Gripit'n'ripit is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    IF anyone is curious, you can use the shifting shaft from a CR250.
    As for the original question....Very easy to replace the shift shaft.

Trooper, if you want, I have several spares. They all have varies defect that led me to not use them, but if you have a need, they're here for ya.
    Or anyone else for that matter.
    81 250R Custom
    83 250R (in progress)
    98 Scrambler 400
    03 Bombardier Quest 500
    07 Polaris Predator (sold to klondike1020 )
    68 VW Dune Buggy

Poco Loco is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Be careful welding that shaft in place. The heat will destroy the shaft seal. Its not hard to get the shaft out. Remove the clutch side cover and clutch basket and slide the shaft out. If its bent, you may have to cut it shorter so it will slide through. You can do all of this with the motor installed in the frame. Good luck.
    Shart Guard .......Use it !

Pink Powerwheels Barbie trike

Wamo Big Wheel with a solid trikecycle front tire

Mini bike 3hp Briggs and Stratton with cambells soup can exhaust

Schwinn stingray with coaster brakes

1985 Crash and Burn champ

1st place National Endo Championship

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //