//ArrowChat Code

Thread: My 3 fav big bore 2 wheelers

--

My 3 fav big bore 2 wheelers

Today I'm getting the XR650 ready for a big desert ride tommorow about 65 miles roundtrip, with quick run through of checking all the fluids and making sure things are tight. I had all three bikes out and figured its a good picture moment.

1990 CR500: I did a basic restore on this 5 years ago to make it look like a 89 with blood red powdercoat, new plastic, seat cover, paint, fmf fatty ect. Its a 100% stock motor that has still never been opened up since it came from Honda in 90. Still runs as strong as day 1. It gets dune ridden only

2000 XR650R: This is my desert ride, has a dual sport kit that came on it from the previous owner, I use it for dirt only so I've been deleting alot of the signals and horn. I've had it at 90mph on some of the desert straights, it barely breaks a sweat and very plush ride.

2001 KX500: This bike I've never actually ridden, I just keep it in the garage to look at. It came from the dealer with the desert tank and FMF gnarly already installed from the get go, but I'd rather have the stock items. It has only had 1 tank of gas through it since new. Original tires, grips, ect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 085.jpg   Picture 088.jpg   Picture 087.jpg   Picture 086.jpg  
    4 Strokes are NOT the wave of the future!

--
    Nice rides. I have no pics but if this were a "favorites of all time" type thread...mine would be:

1. '81 KTM 495
    2. '85 Honda CR500 (currently own)
    3. '81 Maico 490
    "You should never smoke in pajamas..
    You might start a fire and burn your face..
    Maybe you should return to Manaugua..
    You could go un-noticed in such a place"

FZ

Ass,gas or grass....nobody rides for free!

Ride free,Brotha. See you in Heaven.

--
    That is a very good list Maico, just dont forget the M-Star 400, KTM 500MX, and the CR480. I have almost soiled myself on one of those, guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maico View Post
    Nice rides. I have no pics but if this were a "favorites of all time" type thread...mine would be:

1. '81 KTM 495
    2. '85 Honda CR500 (currently own)
    3. '81 Maico 490
    You will cry, you will scream if you've heard half the **** I've seen.
    Are you gonna get up and burn an X in your head?
    "Cut throught the bone and cut through the wire"
    Trikes:
    84&85 Tecates
    85 R
    85 X
    Support Scrapthraher Customs!!! Home of the Three Wheel Outlaws! PM me if you need a head rebuilt, valves cut, head milled or lapped!!!!!

--
    i like all three of those big boys,that cr 500 is awesome,and the kx and the xr haha i like them all.
    i see you have baja designs,they make some cool kits.i had a kit on my 2005 crf450x which was a good bike.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //