//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenwood Lake NY ice racing

--
    Im got a new helmet camera on the way. I should have it by Thursday. I got the Oregon Scientific ATC9K. It records in 1080p HD. FINALLY, no more wires.

--
    Blog Entries

--
    Thats cool. What kind of camera is that again? The great thing about that camera is that is't so small and can be mounted like that.

--
    Blog Entries
    It is a venom snake eye. They don't sell it anymore but you can find them on the web still from $30-60. I think other companies make the same cam under a different name.

--
    MY 85R has hit snag after snag....I'm going to set this thing on fire. This started out as fixing a sticky clutch and has morphed into $1200 in parts. All new bearings and seals on the bottom end, new long rod crank, new billet clutch basket, new clutch, 89 upgrade kit, new piston, new rear brake rotor and pads, new front rotor, pads, and replaced the caliper, new axel spacers, new front tire and studs, flat track kit.

The frustrating thing is that each item was found out the hard way....doing the clutch, I found out about each problem as time went on. It has delayed me getting this thing out on the ice each week. I am not stuck on no front brake pressure. I also forgot to order longer base studs to accomodate the 5mm spacer plate. Soooo, I hope to get more parts overnighted so I can get this thing running this week.

I hope I can get it running in time, but that may not make a difference if you guys get another foot of snow on Tuesday.

--
    Blog Entries
    and thats your so called STOCK bike???????

--

I'd bet that it's as stock as anything else going out there. I CAN tell you that it is a 250cc motor. Actually it's slightly larger in that due to the age and mileage on the motor, it is 60 thousandths over. Unfortunately everything done to the motor and bike is for maintenance and won't make it any faster. I am coming to icefest with no additional tricks up my sleeve this year. All that money went to well needed maintenance on my woods bike.

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Raffa View Post
    and thats your so called STOCK bike???????
    You don't have at least that much into your stock bike Raffa?

Well some idiots decided to go on the track today while it was half frozen over with some water and they made a mess of turn 4. BTW, I have a nickname for this years track, Ole Deadly Turn 4. So I'be been thinking of how to make quicl holes in the ice so I can flood it, and today I took out my baby 16" chain saw and just plunged holes in the turns. Took me like 2-3 seconds to plunge cut a hole, and it started flooding beautifully. Then I plowed the water and did the best clean up job I could do. Hopefully tonight it will be cold enough to freeze all that work solid, and get a good base on the track again.

I went out tonight to help my neighbor out of a 3.5ft snow drift he drove his quad into. That's when I decided to work on ole deadly turn 4. It might turn out ok, it might not. Right now it's the only track on 9 miles of ice.

So as it happens Chris, today I received a catalog from my favorite Chinese hobby supplier and low and behold:
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10973

You can make an account and add that item to your wish list and when they get it, you get an email notifying you. It's the same exact camera, different color case. They have other cam equipment too, do a search.

Hey Gary races RC boats too, we'll be racing this summer.

--
    Blog Entries
    I hope some 110mph sled doesn't meet up with my track.....

--
    Believe me, a 110mph sled hopes it doesn't meet up with your track too. I blasted through the one down by Awosting on Friday night at at least 50 or 60 and my heart stopped for second. Luckily the suspension on that thing is pretty good and it sucked up the berm rather effortlessly.

John
    1985 Eddie Sanders ATC330r
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC70 (awaiting 125cc transplant)
    1984 ATC125M
    1986 GSXR 750 - Keepin' it old school!
    1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 plow machine
    1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 (lake lizard)
    1996 Arctic Cat Jag 440 L/C (ditch banger)

--
    Blog Entries
    Oh, and I take it back Chris, that camera is better than mine, in the same frame though.

--
    Blog Entries
    I should go put my cones on the track, I just hope someone doesn't steal them. I only have 3. I think at least one is reflective, that might give advance warning.

--
    Blog Entries

--
    $12?!?! That's awesome! If those banks are as high as you say, someone is in for a world of hurt if they come along that track at night. Usually no one is out there Sunday through Thursday anyway. I'm worried about the storm coming. Any weather updates?

Gary is a real nice guy. I only met him last year. I think he has a bunch of property in Jersey with a motocross track on it.

--
    NOAA is saying 3-7 on Tuesday. Then COLD Thursday night, down to 1*. Brrrrrrr!!

Gotta take a few minutes this weekend and take a ride down the lake with me on the sleds. I'm learning some of the trails off the lake by Awosting, we can ride Turtle Pond and Jungle Habitat. Actually, we can ride more than just that but its safer at night.

John
    1985 Eddie Sanders ATC330r
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC70 (awaiting 125cc transplant)
    1984 ATC125M
    1986 GSXR 750 - Keepin' it old school!
    1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 plow machine
    1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 (lake lizard)
    1996 Arctic Cat Jag 440 L/C (ditch banger)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //