//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenwood Lake NY ice racing

--
    Blog Entries

Greenwood Lake NY ice racing

Well it's that time of year again. We got ice, some snow on it right now, but I have a track plowed, and will continue to maintain it as much as I can. We will pretty much be out there every weekend, so if you are interested in stopping by for some impromptu racing, shoot me a pm or post here.

--
    Blog Entries
    How mutch Ice is there?

--
    Blog Entries
    Check your wall post, lol.
    Got to be 5-6 inches by now. I will drill a hole Friday, been riding on it all week. Last Saturday there was 4.5inches a little out from the beach, 6-7 down the southern end. It was strong enough to hold the 9 inches of snow we just got without any bleed through.

--
    Tom and I are loading up tonight. We should be up there around 11am or so.

--
    Blog Entries
    you guys should hold an event down there ,, your always frozen before me... Roosty has been tearin up the next lake over ,,Up... that freezes about the same time as yours.. 30' deep... I WILL BE READY BY NEXT WEEKEND.. so I can get some jetting sessions in...

--
    Looks like a wicked day for ice racing, and that lake looks awesome! Doesnt look to be all that much snow on it.
    Last edited by D-dub; 01-14-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    My 3WW Feedback Thread:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...back-for-D-dub

Salut Gilles

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Raffa View Post
    you guys should hold an event down there ,, your always frozen before me... Roosty has been tearin up the next lake over ,,Up... that freezes about the same time as yours.. 30' deep... I WILL BE READY BY NEXT WEEKEND.. so I can get some jetting sessions in...
    Every day of my life is an event! come down anytime, we can put you guys up.

--
    Blog Entries
    I took some GREAT helmet cam video today, too bad the helmetcam was looking at the ground the entire time.....

--
    Had a nice time down at the lake yesterday even though I was feeling like crap and didn't even unload the trike. Put some much needed miles on the wife's sled and gave my Thundercat a good workout.

The problem with having an event here is that while we all live near the lake none of us are directly on it. Fortunately Anthony's house is in a community with a private beach that we can launch from but there isn't a lot of room to park and this year its difficult to even get down to the beach because the town plowed a huge pile of snow in front of the access road. Can't even get a pickup truck down there right now. Maybe one day I'll be fortunate enough to have a house on the lake that we can all ride from but looking at my paycheck and the price of houses on the lake (not to mention the taxes) its probably not in the cards.

John
    1985 Eddie Sanders ATC330r
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC70 (awaiting 125cc transplant)
    1984 ATC125M
    1986 GSXR 750 - Keepin' it old school!
    1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 plow machine
    1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 (lake lizard)
    1996 Arctic Cat Jag 440 L/C (ditch banger)

--
    Good times! Thanks for letting me take your sled for a spin. Cool ride for sure. Anthony said he got some good video, so post it up!!! Good thing he left before my crash into the snowbank!

--
    Blog Entries
    Wow the snow is terrible, all icy. We got like 4 inches of ice/snow and more still falling. This is all supposed to turn to rain, I hope, that should clean up the lake and make for some fun. It is supposed to get real cold this weekend too, so any wet spots should freeze over, let's hope for enough rain to clean it up!

Some helmet cam footage from this past weekend:

--
    Blog Entries
    we got no snow but I hope it warms up a bit and rains to melt the snow on top, and make it glass.. thats why I never make the track early.. no one likes crashing into a ice wall...lol

--
    I got a broken shoulder that will attest to that!
    1985 Eddie Sanders ATC330r
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC70 (awaiting 125cc transplant)
    1984 ATC125M
    1986 GSXR 750 - Keepin' it old school!
    1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 plow machine
    1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 (lake lizard)
    1996 Arctic Cat Jag 440 L/C (ditch banger)

--
    Ditto... I have a couple broken ribs that can make the same attestation. Whenever you hit the snowbank, you have to hope for the best. That's why I like nice wide turns, especially when there are quads on the track. They take up a lot of room to move.

--
    Blog Entries
    I hear ya. I just figure I got the whole lake, so I can move tracks around. If there is ice, I am out there riding since this is mostly the only riding I do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //