//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Never sell on ebay!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by pantera1975 View Post
    I always use free shipping method and start the price higher or flat rate. ALWAYS USE TRACKING WITH usps. And I don't sell out of the us and If some one asks I'll check only if they give me all the info I need to check you would be surprised how many people ask and never respond back after I check for them. UPS seem more expensive for smaller packages too
    Yea, everyone here is saying UPS is cheaper than usps but I have found they are more expensive and are only cheaper on larger items. One thing to watch out for the free shipping method is, ebay created that telling us that it makes it easier for buyers to see what its going to cost but what it really does is make your buy it now price higher which means more fees for them. They are scamming bastards. I sell about 25-35 parts a week on ebay and have experienced it all.

Tyler
    85 ATC 250r -Under Construction
    86 TRX250r
    05 KFX400
    02 400EX

--
    I just was making an auction page and got down near the bottom and changed my shipping to exclude Africa and Middle East and it erased my entire auction page!!!!!1

ebay is awesome
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    To exclude international buyers or buyer with low or bad feedback numbers got to the account tab on your my ebay page. Select site preferences on the drop down menu. Go down to shipping preferences and on the right click on show. There will be a list of options about shipping and one of them is to exclude buyers from bidding that have an address in countries that you do not ship to. Just edit it to what you want and click on the apply button. Go to buyer requirements and block buyers that have a primary address in a location that you do not ship to. Hope this helps. I learned this the hard way too! And also if you sell on ebay alot download and use turbolister. Its free and it will save you alot of time over the sell you item system of listing.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bansheekx View Post
    To exclude international buyers or buyer with low or bad feedback numbers got to the account tab on your my ebay page. Select site preferences on the drop down menu. Go down to shipping preferences and on the right click on show. There will be a list of options about shipping and one of them is to exclude buyers from bidding that have an address in countries that you do not ship to. Just edit it to what you want and click on the apply button. Go to buyer requirements and block buyers that have a primary address in a location that you do not ship to. Hope this helps. I learned this the hard way too! And also if you sell on ebay alot download and use turbolister. Its free and it will save you alot of time over the sell you item system of listing.
    That was very helpful, thank you very much!

swifty is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    i just put rite in the auction listing in caps WILL ONLY SHIP IN THE US48!! but still every now and then i have a winning bidder from half way around the world that bids anyway and wins, but then you need to do the auction all over again
    ACT NOW THINK LATER!
    current trikes owned
    minty 86 250sx my rider
    pauter flat track framed 110-123cc with custom goodies
    pauter mx framed 110-123cc with aftermarket goodies
    joker framed 90-108cc with front suspension
    2007 artic cat DVX 400
    dickson sprint framed 73 green us90 with 110 engine

--

Set your Preferences for United States only.

You can set your eBay account for United States only and eBay will automatically block international bidders for you. bansheekx gives the instructions above.
    ...the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abide in the vine...

--
    There is one way to list on eBay totally free, Pay nothing to list or sell but only if you are selling a whole ATV OR CAR ,ETC. You cannot list parts this way though. It goes a 200 mile radius or so but I have gotten responces from California and I live in Illinois. I have sold 3 & 4 wheelers this way with no problems, you can list 6 per year then after that it's like $1 to list , they cannot charge a final value fee for selling because they have no idea if it sold. There is no bidding just a contact seller button with your phone number or they can email you. http://cgi5.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...I.dll?SellHub3

--
    my friend sells things on eCRATER. I never used it myself. But I guess its free. His mom sells on it too and has been for awhile now. I been selling on ebay for a long time. I was able to make alot more money back when I started out. The fees all around really kill the profit. I been selling directly on forums much more if I have parts to unload.
    Tpc 450
    86 250r
    86 350x
    86 200x
    86 250sx
    85 225DR
    (2) 84 YTM
    (3) 85 Atc 70

luke is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Please don't can the international shipping, some times it's the only way we can get the parts we need in the UK.
    If a UK buyer wants a part from the USA quote for insured and tracked shipping, it's the safest way.
    As for the fees and help when things go wrong, Ebay is all about looking after the buyer and their profit line ! The worst thing they did was stop the seller leaving negative feedback and making the resolution harder.
    IMO ebay stinks of corruption
    198? Manco Quester 300
    1983 KLT 200
    1984 Tri-Zinger 60
    1985 ATC 70
    1985 TRI-Z
    1985 TRI-Z (two Wheel)
    1985 ATC 250R
    1985.5 TRI-Z
    1986 TRI-Z (quad)
    1986 Tecate
    1987 Malaguti Ranocchio 50
    2001 YZ 250

Jez is offline First Time Rider Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Please don't can the international shipping, some times it's the only way we can get the parts we need in the UK.
    If a UK buyer wants a part from the USA quote for insured and tracked shipping, it's the safest way.
    As for the fees and help when things go wrong, Ebay is all about looking after the buyer and their profit line ! The worst thing they did was stop the seller leaving negative feedback and making the resolution harder.
    IMO ebay stinks of corruption
    I'm with Luke - please don't can International Shipping entirely. Us non-US guys rely almost entirely on parts from US sellers to keep our bikes running and build those special bikes we've waited so long to do. Like Luke mentions, just make your international shipping policy that the buyer MUST pay for insured and tracked postage - They don't like it, they don't get the item. I deal with many sellers with such a policy and I have no issues with it at all. It's not that much extra when everything is taken into account and both the seller and buyer get the piece of mind of insurance.

--
    I sell tons of stuff All over the world every day. I ship usps Priority mail ONLY . Most the time just use flate rate boxes . No problems Only once in a blue moon takes lont to get there. The worst place is Italy takes weeks . But They allways get the parts . I think in 8 plus years maybe 3 people said they did not get part. I think they wanted it for free ! One thing that sucks is fees 15% ebay and paypal . i think it is best to have all people to bid to price goes up. I also do sell a lot of parts of ebay too. check my ebay feedback KB748

--
    Good topic here.

I was just looking at an item on ebay and in the description the seller states:
    "I never offer insurance.If you would like to be covered more.You will need to contact me after the auction and pay the addition fee"

But to me Insurance is for the SELLER not the buyer. If the item gets lost or damaged ebay/paypal make the seller refund.

I've sold a couple of things on ebay and here and I always feel better when I get the insurance.
    Last edited by SeaBass8; 01-22-2011 at 01:53 PM.

--
    i shipped a yz crank to portugal. didn't get there in a month. used priority mail shipping. guy filed a claim against me threw ebay, wanted his money back. but i kept putting the usps tracking number in. the case eventually ended, and i won the case, didn't loose any money. and at that time the case ended he still didn't get the package. but about a week later he got it, and he apoligized to me for giving me all the crap. took 3 months to get there. so it looked like to me if you keep putting the usps traking number in the resolution center, the case will eventually end and you will win. that was my experiance, just takes 30 days i think. i was all ticked off thinking i had to return his money, but just dragged it out and i won.
    Billet Triz 250 parts, Case Savers, Engine Mounts, Boost Bottles, Oil Caps, and Shifters, pm me for info

Shock Rebuilding, PM me for details TRI-Z Shocks rebuilt too

My Feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-sblt500r

--
    I use USPS for flat rate and small items but NOT for large and heavy items such as motors/frames - they go to FEDEX.

Ebay really is a terrible deal for a seller. I guess the way they look at it is the final value fees being much higher than the listing fees so they don't care about the seller but are quick to help the buyer.

But then the buyer gets his money back and I assume the seller must still have to pay.........

It's not good if your selling unless your RPM_ATV with so many items being listed every day. I guess then you can afford to take a hit or two.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass8 View Post
    Good topic here.

I was just looking at an item on ebay and in the description the seller states:
    "I never offer insurance.If you would like to be covered more.You will need to contact me after the auction and pay the addition fee"

But to me Insurance is for the SELLER not the buyer. If the item gets lost or damaged ebay/paypal make the seller refund.
    I recently shipped a guage cluster and it showed up with the plastic view part all cracked up. looked like a broken window. Buyer sent me a pic of it all pissed off thinking I scammed him. He must have been a few brain cells short because you could see clearly in the pics in my auction that it was not broken. There was no insurance on the package so I did some research and found that USPS would do nothing since their was no insurance coverage so I refunded the seller and had him ship it back to me. I covered all shipping (both ways) and full refund of item. Now, had I offered insurance and the item was damaged it would be up to the buyer to get his refund from USPS.

From now on if I sell on ebay, which I probably will, I will offer insurance if buyer wants/pays for it. If they dont get the insurance and an item shows up damaged I will not be offering a full refund.
    Tpc 450
    86 250r
    86 350x
    86 200x
    86 250sx
    85 225DR
    (2) 84 YTM
    (3) 85 Atc 70

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //