//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1986 honda ATC 200x AXLE KITS? AFTERMARKET AXLE??? DUREBLUE OR G-FORCE AXLE???

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwheels View Post
    I remember the one dirtcrasher is talking about. I saved it because I was wanting to maybe do the same thing sometime. See below:

▪ One 1986 200X rear swingarm
    ▪ Reflective Chrome powder coat on swingarm
    ▪ New 1986 200X Honda OEM Chain Slider
    ▪ New 1986 200X DG Aluminum Skid Plate
    ▪ New 1986 200X All Balls and Honda OEM rebuild parts
    ▪ New 300EX RAD Mfg Bearing Carrier
    ◦ BC-H8
    ◦ Blue Anodized
    ▪ New 300EX Rear Dura Blue X-33 Billet Axle
    ◦ #20-2145ex.
    ◦ +2/+7.
    ▪ New 300EX Dura Blue Anti-Fade Brake Hub
    ◦ #20-1601
    ▪ New Honda 300EX OEM 37mm rear outer axle clip
    ▪ New Honda 300EX OEM Rear Brake Caliper Assembly
    ▪ New Honda 300EX OEM Brake Pads
    ▪ New RAD Mfg Rear 300EX Brake Rotor
    ◦ #H-2
    ◦ Stainless Steel
    Looks really close, to bad he didn't state what, if any mods he did to make it work.
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    I dont think anything was modded. The hubs still line up with stock 200x stuff. its just like 4mm bigger.

--
    Wow, what a great topic and there are a couple of interested situations about having any of those axles plus 300EX rear axle and carrier.. now I full understood better. looks like i can use that kind of set up. if someone has a nice stock rear axle or a complete rear end for me so i can buy . other wise i will try to buy some of 300ex stuffs and put it onto to mine an '86 atc 200x.

I never tried a rear axle apart before but i will try and do a step by steps. or someone will repair it for me either ways.

Xfile is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    The guy selling it had an 86 200X swinger and 300EX carrier/axle; Looked like a perfect set up!!

In your picture the swingers look similar or just a few MM's wider than the X in the carrier department; Or am I wrong??

X-File, both seals have to be 2MM smaller ID. The 200X rotor hub would not fit on the 83/84R axle or I'm crazy........... I remember waiting 2 weeks to get the hub and it's a 3 bolt so I could use that TUSK SS rotor I think the 200X was a 4 bolt, I'd have to look at my notes...
    It's official...DC is crazy! (Just kidding DC) here is a picture of the 86-87 X brake hub installed on my 83-84R axle. So to re-cap...you use a 83-85 X axle seal on the sprocket side and the original 86-87 X seal on the the brake hub side. The brake hub is held on with the two large axle nuts and cup washer from the R axle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_2459.jpg   000_2460.jpg  
    Don't worry...just run watcha brung...

--
    Old thread, but has anyone verified the 300ex carrier and axle? Direct swap, everything line up....

--
    Durablue is making axles for the 200x 86'-87', not done yet, but coming

--
    That would be cool if they made them again. I've got one of the original Durablue axles on my 86. Not many of those left around. Dirtcrasher had one also, last I knew. Other than those, I've only seen 2 more and thats about it in the last 10 years.

--
    A 300ex axle can fit in. They both use same axle bearings and deal sizes. The 300ex carrier is about 1/4" wider then 2nd gen 200x. If you can't do a little spacing hre makes 200x swingers to run 300ex carrier. He has a left over one at the shop now. I almost used it when I put a 300ex axle in a stock 1st gen 200x

--
    I back searched 4-5yrs of of this site in 2006 and found 1guy with an aftermarket wide 86 unit. It was a needle in the haystack with more than a few nights of reading endless post and comments. It was a reply to a post that this member offered up. I PM'd him he still had 1, and has worked very well for me. The funny thing is the axle hub bolt was for a Yamaha tri z thread, and it required a small spacer on the anti fade nut. Not positive why but if I had to make a choice to find another to build a racer. I would convert to the HRE setup to run more modern equipment. Trust me if you find a wide one grab it!! Stock units are rare as it is but extra wide aftermarket axles uber rare IMO.

^^^^Mickey PLEASE give me a PM when it's ready to sell, I'll deposit if needed that's awesome.
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 06-21-2018 at 12:48 PM.

--
    Thanks for the heads up at HRE. I ended up getting the 200x/300ex swingarm. I figured this is the cheapest way to go and I don't have to worry about searching for the X parts and paying for them also.

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I swapped mine to a 300ex. wasnt too hard to mod up the swinger at all. Ended up with a swinger for less than 20 bucks, lone star axle for about 150 or so then a billet carrier. I the stock X shock worked without any mods at all. It works well. I LOVE logs and have seat hoppped up to about 30" of log or so. I am certainly not disappointed at all how it is working.
    Last edited by Husky250; 07-16-2018 at 04:08 PM.

--
    It has been a while since I did this so the details need checked. 2 pretty easy and cheap ways I know to do this:

Way #1 - easiest, lots of sprocket choices, may be able to use 200x brake caliper mount plate and caliper, don't remember. Might be able to modify 300ex bearing spacer instead of making one.
    Parts needed from 200x - carrier
    Parts needed from 300ex - bearings and seals, axle and nuts, brake disc and hub, brake caliper mount plate and caliper
    Need to make - bearing spacer, if I remember right, 2" steel tubing works perfect
    Need to modify - 200x carrier - there is a small lip in the middle of the bore that needs opened up for the larger diameter bearing spacer for the larger diameter axle. Can be done with a sander or bench top lathe.
    Once making the new bearing spacer and modifying bearing carrier, assemble parts as normal, easy.

Way #2 - my brother did it this way, don't remember all the details, all 300ex parts
    Parts needed from 200x - nothing
    Parts needed from 300ex - bearing carrier, bearings and seals, axle and nuts, brake disc and hub, brake caliper mount plate and caliper
    Need to make - spacer, 4 or 5 mm thick to take up the difference in carrier length between the 200x carrier and the 300ex carrier. Spacer goes between the swingarm and the brake caliper mount plate as I recall.
    Need to modify - brake mount plate - stock it has a slight bend - this need straightened to engage in the boss on the side of the swingarm
    Once making the spacer and modifying straightening the brake caliper mount plate, assemble parts as normal, easy.

--
    Bumping this up for guys looking into the 300ex carrier to 86-87 200x info.
    250r rules

--
    Hey Mickey, any progress on these soon to be made axles?

--
    I thought he made them?? I think I bought one?? Maybe I bought a 1st gen and made it fit the 2nd gen??

The other axle talked about above, I
    'm unsure what sprocket hub I had, but it needed building up... You have to remember, lots of this stuff is SO CLOSE to fitting and a guy with a lathe can make damn near anything "bolt on"...

It's hard to keep track.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //