//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: If 3 is better than 4 then 2 wheels is better than 3, right?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tippmann View Post
    all nice vid... im curious you run this bw with some nailed tire ? or those big tire just seem to work perfect with the snow?
    Hey tippman, if you look close at 1:47min into 640AK's last video, looks like his tires are studded, a must for icy conditions!

Hey 640AK, love the latest video, as I do ALL of the Enduro AK vids! That SnowHawk is pretty damn sweet looking, where did you dig that up!? Looks like a Wetbike on steroids...

Got a question for you on your Tecate front end swap, you notice much difference having the axle as trailing now instead of the stock setup? I looked into swapping Honda 350X forks onto my Fatcat when I did my swap, but ended up going with XR200 forks for this reason to keep the axle leading.
    But now that I've done a front disc swap it'd be nice to know if the 350X forks rake wouldn't be an issue as I'd have some proper disc tabs for the caliper. Right now I've got it bolted onto a through-axle bracket I fabbed out of steel plate.

Thanks,
    redsled

--
    Sweet! This is by far my favorite web series yet, I wouldn't miss new episodes for the world! Keep it up!
    This is my trike. There are many like it but this one is mine. My trike is my best friend, and it is my life. I must master it as I must master myself. My trike without me is useless. Without my trike, I am useless. I must ride my trike true. My trike and I know that what counts is not the amount of miles we ride, but the time we ride together. My trike is human in it's own ways, therefore I will learn it as my brother. I will learn it's weaknesses, it's strengths, it's parts, and it's soul.

--
    redsled,

The front end swap is actually off of a Tri-Z. I've run an '85 and '86 fork on the bikes and don't notice too much difference in performance between the two. There is a difference between the two years triple clamps as far as the rake goes.

I've also run the forks backwards (with the caliper and axle leading) just to see if there was any improvement. Stability increased but it did feel a little strange initiating turns. I'm back at the stock '86 Tri-Z configuration which gives me a 39mm fork as opposed to the BW's 33mm tubes.

I wonder if the 250R triple clamp would be a bolt-on mod for the FatCat, the way that the Z's is for the BigWheel?

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
    The home of the Enduro Alaska video series:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBigWheel?feature=mhum

--
    Blog Entries

--
    For the sake of currency, here is the latest Enduro Alaska:

This should cool you down on these warm summer days.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

--
    The most recent edition has arrived with more dirt than snow:

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

--
    I have awaited more of your work for too long.Thanx again for posting Big Wheel!! Great stuff.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Im a big fan of your videos Mr Big Wheel! Id love to get a BW 350! Iv been looking for a couple months. I picked up a BW 80 and a 200 this summer and Im liking both alot! I just need a 350 to finish the set. My girlfriend rolls her eyes at that idea LOL. Keep the great videos coming!

--
    640AK, I just watched them all (again). Very entertaining, as usual... you need to have your own national tv show.

--
    I love the videos, very hilarious!!! that CRF450 BW makes me want to build a big wheel CR 250R!
    '81 ATC 250r: IMS tank,Uni pod filter,Keihin PJ flat 38mm,Boyesen Pro series reeds,reed spacer w/ boost bottle,milled head,bored(.080),ported,machined CR exhaust flange,and Mugen pipe.PK +3 swingarm,2+2 axle,ITP rims,and 200X fork swap w/ polished tree.
    '03 CR 250R: FMF fatty w/shorty, Pro Taper top clamp
    '85 ATC 70: 88kit, race cam, ported head, 5 angle valve job, cobra pipe, 20mm carb...
    '73 ATC 70 roller, '80 ATC 110, '86 ATC 125m, '81 XL 500s, '71 Z50, '76 Z50 W/ Lifan 125

'84 Tecate 3

--
    Thank you for your awesome videos Mr. Big Wheel. Good to see Hollywood is back too!

--
    It was only a matter of time before another edition came out. In this case, a lot of time.

Thanks for watching.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

--
    Awesome video... Thanks now i gotta find a couple of those....
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    Awesome Videos, I never road a BW but I started riding on Dirt bikes at a very young age and only started riding trikes a little over a year ago... Makes me want to buy one looks like alot of fun..
    86 Tri-Z
    86 Honda 250R,
    84 Tecate

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Mr. Big Wheel, your videos are some of the best. They seem to get better and better every time! Thank you for posting!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //