//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ***** QuadRacer SwingArm Help *****

--

***** QuadRacer SwingArm Help *****

Hello All, im new here, but a long time fan. I have a 1985 Lt 250R (quadracer) and the swingarm is cracked on both wrap around brackets. the one on the left is cracked all the way, but the one on the right is completely seperated.

** Ill post pictures Asap, even though Im certain most of you know exactly what Im talking about **

Anyway, So tomorrow I take the swingarm to my TIG guy, he said Np ry-throw me like $80.

I was like Okay, suweet!

However, even though we have good relationship, I want to make sure he does a good job, so my question is Any Advice on how to add support ( Extra Support )

From what I understand this seems to happen quite frequently with these.

so ALL advice is welcome, I just want it too last, or at least last a while.

Also any ideas for steel replacements ( lol within reason few-hundy or less )

Or replacements in general, dosent have to be steel.

Thanks in Advance for all Advice and Insight.

--
    lol i got 3 of these bikes one 88 and 2 86 and the 85 and 86 had a crapy design for swing arms mine cracked in the front where it mounts to the frame i mig welded mine i actualy added a lil more weld to make it a lil stronger. im not sure about a steel replacement but keep good bearings in it and you should be fine

--
    buy a 87-90 swingarm setup
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4speed View Post
    buy a 87-90 swingarm setup
    if you do this I may be interested in the broken one.
    2-stroke lover

--
    Ya I have prob 16 parts bikes for these... I have seen 1 tht wasn't cracked... Terrible design

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //