//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 185 S for SUSPENSION PROJECT Update 8-5-2011( DONE PICS ; )

ametzker is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Not sure what the current forks are off of. The guy I bought it from said they were off a 250r dirtbike, But I doubt it.. I think when I did a quick measurement they were 30mm. Either way they are destroyed. I am going to use the YZ80 forks from the bike I got the swingarm off of.

Here is the label from Hi Performance Products on the front forks. I wish I could get a replica of this sticker.

Last edited by ametzker; 02-28-2011 at 02:45 PM.

--
    Those forks were probably originally meant for or came on an atc90/110 that someone had modified at sometime. If the forks were meant for a 250r, then they wouldn't fit on your trike. That sticker should not be too hard to copy for someone who does things like that. Contact blue27, a member on here, he may be able to help you on the sticker reprinting.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    Vealmonkey yes I agree 250r forks even in the early 70's would have been at minimum 34mm. These trees were meant and made for the 185 or at least offered. Look at this advertismenthttp://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachm...9&d=1292639642

--
    This is my wife's trike and I want to do a special paint scheme, just wanted your opinions. My wife is pretty hot if I do say so myself....and I do. She has black hair and fair skin so I thought about a Wonder Woman paint scheme. Something using these colors with a heavy flake. I'm at work and I think thats why you can't see the pic I tried to post. I will post again later.

1984 honda 200s is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    so far it looks AWSOME and i bet it will get even better at the end, i cant wait to see the finished ATC ! Do the hubbs off the 400ex fit right on your trike? id like a wider rear end on my trike, i was thinking about spacers but if differenct hubbs work id go with that.

--
    Yes the hubs off the 400ex have the same splines and will make it significantly wider.

1984 honda 200s is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    nice, so will any year of 400ex fit the atc?

zeeker1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    http://http://www.3wheelerworld.com/...vel&highlight=

I don't know if this "link" business works cause I never did it before but this is how PK Racing made those swingarm kits back in the day. Some of the pictures may help you out.......zeeker

--
    NICE PROJECT , I HAVE SIMILER FRONT SUSP. ON MY 110 ,WOULD LOVE TO MaKE REAR susp not sure yet how stamped steel frame . your 185 set me thinking ,cant wait to see u finish
    GOT MUD?:

--

nick framed 185

Quote Originally Posted by ametzker View Post
    EVERYONE....YES IF YOU HAVE 185/200 SUSPENSION PICS, PLEASE POST THEM ON THIS THREAD. It would be neat to see whats been done and I don't have to search everyones threads that may have done this before. It would be great to make this a killer 185 thread. Plus it gives not only me but maybe some of you ideas for their trikes. Thanks again I love this forum.
    Here's a pic of a nicholson suspension framed 185 for ya.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nick2.jpg   nick3.jpg  

--
    Thanks 90crazy. Pretty sweet. IMO if your going to give it some suspension then really give it a little more travel than that. But depending on the track they probably weren't looking for all out travel. I will post some more pics tomorrow. I got a bunch of goodies in the mail today including GForce billet wide hubs, some Maxxis Mud Bug tires and bars, brakes, cables and aluminum sprocket. Felt like christmas when I got home from work and all that stuff was sitting at my door step.

--
    Well I finished my swingarm today(other than putting in new bearings). I welded up some more bracing and powdercoated the whole thing in a semi-chrome powder. Cooked it in my wifes oven. Turned out pretty good and it holds up nicely.

WHAT DO YOU THINK, MY WELDS AREN'T PRETTY BUT THEY HOLD JUST FINE.

IT STARTED LIKE THIS

--
    Looks really good. Looks a lot like chrome. Where did you get the powder coating?

--
    Caswell products. I actually still had this powder from 2004 and its still good. I just bought a little home kit and I have done several small items and one frame. THanks

--
    I thought you may find this old article interesting..

Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //