//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Never before seen Honda ATC's (proto-types)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by booblinker View Post
    I want it, sign me up for first dibs when they start producing this LOL.
    As with most of the proto-types they went to the crusher,the 350x,my first 200cc two stroke and this one which was the 2nd updated style with the swing arm bolting to the axle on the out side of the sprocket and disc,making it to ridged.In this last race for Team Honda at Riverside Cal. it was to stiff and didn't flex like a 200x or the 1st style two stroke and it sucked trying to ride it on that track where the jumps were at a angle.

The 250x might still be in Bend Or. where I traded to the guy that painted the "Tiger race van".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riverside.jpg 
Views:	1119 
Size:	252.2 KB 
ID:	117983

MrPretty is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I'm loving this stuff

1986 ATC 200s
    1985 ATC 250sx
    1984 ATC 200x
    1984 ATC 200s - Dads [Purchased New]

--
    Pretty cool stuff!

--
    Hey Mickey,
    What did you guys to do modify the cooling fins for better cooling? I'm running into issues on my son's racing mini-quads. We run hi-comp big bore 125cc 4-strokers and after a while they get really hot even though the tune is spot on. I am thinking if you can give me some pointers on how to mod the fins for better cooling, it will help a ton I runn an oil cooler but that's the most we can runn due to it's not water cooled. Any assistance is much appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Mike
    oscar@mayer.net

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--

Name:	19.jpg 
Views:	828 
Size:	252.7 KB 
ID:	118010
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    Hey Mickey,
    What did you guys to do modify the cooling fins for better cooling? I'm running into issues on my son's racing mini-quads. We run hi-comp big bore 125cc 4-strokers and after a while they get really hot even though the tune is spot on. I am thinking if you can give me some pointers on how to mod the fins for better cooling, it will help a ton I runn an oil cooler but that's the most we can runn due to it's not water cooled. Any assistance is much appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Mike
    oscar@mayer.net
    A oil cooler is what you need,but you still should drain the oil between the heats and the main, and use a 15-40 Shell Rotella oil.

The fins were milled to give more surface to cool quicker. XR's Only came up with welding on about 2 inch wider fins out each side of the heads.

Name:	fins.jpg 
Views:	795 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	118009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19.jpg 
Views:	828 
Size:	252.7 KB 
ID:	118010

--
    this is a sweet thread
    Life is better on 3 wheels
    1984 200es big red
    1976 suzuki rm125
    1983 honda 250r (minty fresh) SOLD
    1986 honda 350x (A PILE....for now)
    197? honda 90 (pauter framed little beast in the making)

--
    WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Love seeing this stuff!
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    thanks for sharing. do you have any more pics from back in the day?

do you want to relive some 3 wheeler racing? check out the OTC races in Ohio. you could come show us how it is supposed to be done.
    TPC Trikes Are Awesome

--
    Yea I think we all love seeing this stuff cause we are all stuck in the 80's

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Im liking this thread to!! I love old racing pictures!! Mickey you should come to a OTC race and at least hang out and give me some racing tips! HAHA! Keep the picks coming. Thanks!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jensenracing77 View Post
    thanks for sharing. do you have any more pics from back in the day?

do you want to relive some 3 wheeler racing? check out the OTC races in Ohio. you could come show us how it is supposed to be done.
    What started all this yesterday was a phone call from Rickey Martin,I had not talked to him since 83' before he moved back to LA. He was trying to get ahold racers from back in the day,and I told him there are a few on here. I have a scrap book of most of my races covered in the mags. and I was looking at that to see if I had any pic to show my wife who called. So yes I have a few pics,I try to post up.

Would love to be able to just go riding right now,but I have a small problem I have been dealing with for the past 5 month.I was moving my shop and I was letting a welder down out of my truck and as I step on the plywood ramp it folded,so down we went. Just like in my race days I didn't let go when I crashed and I broke my arm.It needed surgery,but two weeks later I was out breaking in a new 1000cc Kawasaki Brute Force motor I built with a full cast on my right arm. Then I had to try "just one start" with it to see what it run like,it was fast!!!!!!!!!The problem came trying to stop a 1000lbs with out being able to get to the front brakes. Long story short,I high-sided into a few trees and down over a 20 foot cliff to the creek below. Broke 7 ribs, and because of that they couldn't put me under for sugery.So here I sit with a arm that isn't healing.

Here is the dyno runs after the crash. 87.5 RWHP
    http://www.kawieriders.com/forum/int...rute-dyno.html

Name:	ARM DEC 22.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	118013

sittinguy is offline Titanium Balls Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    DUDE!! wow, that sucks.

--
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

--
    Mickey that is some serious HP..... I too would not be able to sit and wait too long to try it out. Back in 2002 I had a major hernia surgery and was suppose to rest a few weeks. Instead I golfed 7 days later and tore up the track on my CR 250 after 9 days. The doc said I wouldn't hurt the area he repaired but the pain was too great at night for me to sleep so I waited two more weeks. We'll get better and heal up, please post some more pictures when you get the time. I'm still having fun on my trikes after 29 years. Thanks - Matt

--
    no wonder i didn't see you at the Expo. hope you feel better soon.
    TPC Trikes Are Awesome

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //