//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Never before seen Honda ATC's (proto-types)

--
    Mickey Do you still have any of the atc you raced??? Back before you went to the quads

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric250R View Post
    Trikefest is June 24th and 25th but most people will start showing up on the 20th. Haspin acres Laurel Ind. Best time you can have with your clothes on!!
    You have to remember I am old,you will have to remind me a month before hand.lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Mickey Do you still have any of the atc you raced??? Back before you went to the quads
    No I never keep anything. There is one that I know of out in Washington state that just sits in a barn,but the guy won't sell it to me.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    No I never keep anything. There is one that I know of out in Washington state that just sits in a barn,but the guy won't sell it to me.

Hmmm someone here has one of his old 3 wheelers.....Not a honda though
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    Mickey, You had mentioned Ricky Martin.. I was looking through my old mags and found this CEET ad with you pictured and it mentioned Ricky Martin. Is he in the smaller picture?

Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecnty250r View Post
    Hmmm someone here has one of his old 3 wheelers.....Not a honda though
    Wasn't really mine,but I did a lot of work on it.lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dcreel View Post
    Mickey, You had mentioned Ricky Martin.. I was looking through my old mags and found this CEET ad with you pictured and it mentioned Ricky Martin. Is he in the smaller picture?

No, I didn't even know he rode for them.

--
    Wasn't really mine,but I did a lot of work on it.lol
    Most of the restoration is complete.. If you are looking for a blast to the past you are free to come wrench it back together anytime. That's the beauty of living one state away.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecnty250r View Post
    Most of the restoration is complete.. If you are looking for a blast to the past you are free to come wrench it back together anytime. That's the beauty of living one state away.
    Ummmm,I don't think they paid me enough the first time,don't think the pay would get any better.

--
    hey mickey...back in the day was anybody doing any tricks on their bikes and just not getting noticed??

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    I report posts...
    Apparently it tortures more than my wife...LMFAO
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...r-phantombiker...feedback

85 Tri Z...sold
    85 350x sold
    84 200x sold
    85 250r...sexy as he!!

--
    Ummmm,I don't think they paid me enough the first time,don't think the pay would get any better.
    LOL!!!!!! Hey I can put Mackys 200 back together and see if he wants to come out and play,lol

rumor has it he is putting a 200x together again to play

1985 Tiger 250LC
    1985 Tiger 200LC

1985 ATC 350X
    1985 ATC 200x
    1973 ATC 70 (resto project)
    ATC 70 Full A+ Suspension Mini Tiger
    and many more!!!
    1991 District-6 Open 4 Wheel 4-Stroke Expert Hare Scramble Champ

Blue Line Graphics
    Custom and Reproduction Decals
    http://www.bluelinedecals.com/

--
    man i can't wait to get me 200x back together! it's gonna be a monster! but remain 200CCs

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

ATCrider42 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Just got my 200x back together. I little premature, though. It's not even warm enough to ride yet.

--
    QUOTE=phantombiker;983288]hey mickey...back in the day was anybody doing any tricks on their bikes and just not getting noticed??

Mark[/QUOTE]

When I first started racing ATC's in 1981 we didn't have shocksI was racing motorcylces (MX and Supercross)with 10 inches of travle and just getting ready to race my first pro race.My father inlaw was building the AMA Supercross tracks at the time and he got this whole ATC race thing going during half time at all the dome races with Team Honda.

From what I seen no one was really even jumping,and the only trick was staying up right on all 3 wheels!

First time I got big air was when we put front forks on the 81' 185s.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jump.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	118122

The first time I race in Cal. against Curtis I think was at Corona Raceway. That was the first time I was told that anyone had seen someone "double jump" a 3 wheeler. The problem came when in practice I came up behind Curtis and he jumped the first of two jumps and I jumped what I thought was a "double jump". I was going to pass him (which I did) so I was off to one side of him and I flew over him.Was that a trick? Well he got pissed because he thought I was going take his head off,and he let me know it when we got back to the pits(first time of many to come). I didn't think it was a big deal,that's just the way I knew to jump.

Then in OH. in late 85' I think I had went back to racing Honda's for Powroll again.I had been doubling this big set doubles (about 40 foot between them) in practice again and no one eles was.But on the first lap ofthe first heat race Curtis tried! Then seeing what happen to him I backed off just a little and this happen. I didn't crash I just liked to see if I could touch my face to my front fender on landing,is that a trick?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crash.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	281.7 KB 
ID:	118123[

--
    ^ LOL now THAT is one heck of a trick there! I bet you were never able to do it again.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //