//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Never before seen Honda ATC's (proto-types)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    Attachment 118010

A oil cooler is what you need,but you still should drain the oil between the heats and the main, and use a 15-40 Shell Rotella oil.

The fins were milled to give more surface to cool quicker. XR's Only came up with welding on about 2 inch wider fins out each side of the heads.

Attachment 118009Attachment 118010
    the only rotella i can locate is for deisel engines. is this the stuff your talking about? I have been using Castrol GTX 10x40 with great results but in a Honda I like to use Pensoil 10w30 in winter and 10w40 summer.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    the only rotella i can locate is for deisel engines. is this the stuff your talking about? I have been using Castrol GTX 10x40 with great results but in a Honda I like to use Pensoil 10w30 in winter and 10w40 summer.
    Yup thats the stuff.

--
    Yes the deisel oils are what you want to run.

--
    First off, Thanks again Mickey for all your help! much appreciated!

I got some and dudes!! it was less than 1/2 the cost of normal oil!!! $14 for a gallon where it's $4.39 a quart for the normal stuff. that saved me some $$

hey just an FYI, right now autozone has the 1.5amp smart chargers that also maintain the battery on sale for $21.95 normally $31.99 so that's a deal!!! I got 2. for my son's new race quad and my red.

btw, do you do chromoly or alloy frames for mini-quads? We have some design ideas we would love to see about comming to life that would give us an edge and i think you may enjoy the project.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Yea that's what they want to do to me.Screws are for wood,not for me!lol I as them if I could at least build my own plates?No

It might be starting to grow,the top one was taken two weeks ago,the bottom Dec. 22 2010.

Attachment 118078
    I know your pain... I broke my arm, elbow and shoulder in a construction accident, and believe me... those kind of arm breaks take a long time to heal. I had to have mine re-broken and re-plated after it snapped through a screw hole and healed crooked... also a bone graft... ugh. Hope you have a shorter heal time than me!

--
    First off, Thanks again Mickey for all your help! much appreciated!

I got some and dudes!! it was less than 1/2 the cost of normal oil!!! $14 for a gallon where it's $4.39 a quart for the normal stuff. that saved me some $$

hey just an FYI, right now autozone has the 1.5amp smart chargers that also maintain the battery on sale for $21.95 normally $31.99 so that's a deal!!! I got 2. for my son's new race quad and my red.

btw, do you do chromoly or alloy frames for mini-quads? We have some design ideas we would love to see about comming to life that would give us an edge and i think you may enjoy the project.
    No I don't build anything like that.

I wouldn't blow a bunch of money on building lite frames.Honda built Tommy and Stevie (I think) Chromoly 200x frames,didn't save but 5lbs,and they still didn't win.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc350xer View Post
    I know your pain... I broke my arm, elbow and shoulder in a construction accident, and believe me... those kind of arm breaks take a long time to heal. I had to have mine re-broken and re-plated after it snapped through a screw hole and healed crooked... also a bone graft... ugh. Hope you have a shorter heal time than me!

Yea,the lack of blood flow in this bone is lower then other bones in our bodys so the healing is slower. That is why I hope the altra sound thing works. I'm no doctor but on the CD's I get of these X-Rays it has some different programs you can look at what it looks like under different lights I guess is what it does. So when I look at it with this one I think it shows the blood flow in light green. And again the latest one is on top,and there is more green in it. Maybe I'm just hoping it's working. Either way,yes it's going to be a long time. And if there are any born again believers reading this please pray for Gods will here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ARM BEFORE AND NOW. RAINBOW.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	118142

--
    Cool stories! Not to But how is running rotella going to affect the life of your clutch? I've been using the valvoline atv oil 10w40. Any advantage with rotella or is it just a personal preferance?
    "I'm Kind Of Like The Turtle Man Of 3Wheelers."

1986 Honda 350X
    1985 Honda 250R
    1985 Honda 200X

--
    CastrolGTX 10w-30 here, good oil. After it's ran any time at all though it turns green and bubbly, which is interesting.
    This is my trike. There are many like it but this one is mine. My trike is my best friend, and it is my life. I must master it as I must master myself. My trike without me is useless. Without my trike, I am useless. I must ride my trike true. My trike and I know that what counts is not the amount of miles we ride, but the time we ride together. My trike is human in it's own ways, therefore I will learn it as my brother. I will learn it's weaknesses, it's strengths, it's parts, and it's soul.

--
    Honda built Tommy and Stevie (I think) Chromoly 200x frames,didn't save but 5lbs,and they still didn't win.

ROTFLMAO.....call that a FAIL

So were you running an oil cooler on the 200X?

Where did they hook up the feed lines? Pics?

--
    Mickey, Glad you are on the forum here. I truly appreciate all the info you are sharing and taking the time to do so! Did you also run the Rotella 15-40 in the semi-automatic 185S or just the standard clutch machines like the 200X?
    ...the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abide in the vine...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by swampthang View Post
    Cool stories! Not to But how is running rotella going to affect the life of your clutch? I've been using the valvoline atv oil 10w40. Any advantage with rotella or is it just a personal preferance?
    No problem with clutches,and if you have a stock motor what you are running is fine.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz of Blades View Post
    CastrolGTX 10w-30 here, good oil. After it's ran any time at all though it turns green and bubbly, which is interesting.
    Bubbles don't lube very well,unless you are in the bathtub.LOL

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    ROTFLMAO.....call that a FAIL

So were you running an oil cooler on the 200X?

Where did they hook up the feed lines? Pics?

Yes I always ran a oil cooler,same one I stil sell today for our 200x,250x,300ex,400ex,Warrior,Quad Sport 230 and 250 ect. ect.

If you look at the front of the clutch cover there is a flat spot with a little casting plug. We drill and tap into a oil gally there. There is a little more to it but that gives you a idea.

I only tell people about the Rotella 15-40wt because most of you don't run full out race motors,don't warm the motor up fully before you run them hard,and it's cheep,and easy to find.

We ran a Shaffer Moly 40wt in my race bike.http://schaefferoil.com/151_diesel_oil.html

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Tim215 View Post
    Mickey, Glad you are on the forum here. I truly appreciate all the info you are sharing and taking the time to do so! Did you also run the Rotella 15-40 in the semi-automatic 185S or just the standard clutch machines like the 200X?

Yes even the moly http://schaefferoil.com/151_diesel_oil.html

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //