//ArrowChat Code
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Never before seen Honda ATC's (proto-types)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Raffa View Post
    didnt ask actually ,,too busy in awe over his photo album and hearing the storys as he went threw each picture...your name was spoke of alot this week...are your ears ringing? hahah!

he said something about prepairing for his sons big race for the U.S.A BMX team..

OH and I saw some wicked ass pictures of you guys!!!!

Oh yea,I'm sure he could tell a few good stories about me! I was a bad boy back in the day!

--
    So would you say hondas were better bike then green and yellow? I have seen alot of people down gradeing the 1984-85 tecate due to the rad way up top and that big tire. I have drove both the rs all years and a little bit of rideing around on 2 tri zs. But i have found that the big front tire handled way better then the skinny tire. Also for cooling I think the rad up high helps big time with cooling. Why did they use the skinny front tire? Also why did honda use the counter ballancer instead of using a cr 250 motor core? Too cool to see you racers shareing pics and stories.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate250 View Post
    So would you say hondas were better bike then green and yellow? I have seen alot of people down gradeing the 1984-85 tecate due to the rad way up top and that big tire. I have drove both the rs all years and a little bit of rideing around on 2 tri zs. But i have found that the big front tire handled way better then the skinny tire. Also for cooling I think the rad up high helps big time with cooling. Why did they use the skinny front tire? Also why did honda use the counter ballancer instead of using a cr 250 motor core? Too cool to see you racers shareing pics and stories.
    Trust me I have Green blood flowing in me,as you can't tell I love my Kawie V-Twins,but you can't beat a Honda for all around handling. We used a low profile tire on the front of my factor Honda's,it wasn't a stock size.

If you didn't run a counter ballancer in the 4 wheeler's they turned into a big tuning fork and the frame would just fall apart.I think that was a big problem with the big bore motors (CR500/KX500)also in the 3 wheel frames.That's the problem Kawasaki had when they built 1 off quads for Bill Ballance for the GNCC's,poor guys arms would be hurting for a week trying to hang on for 2hrs at a time.

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Wow this is a great thread. Hope there's more stories and pics to come
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    You are correct it was the KDX 200.

I put on a set of stock tires and pumped them up to 15psi. The only problem I had was I didn't have time to change the gearing.I took off in first gear and it would only pull third gear tops,BUT THAT WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN.

lol, when i was racing full time in 2001 we had a mud race. i put on the stock 400EX tires and everyone was laughing at me when i got the the gate. after the race i was laughing at them for blowing up all there 2 strokes with 18s in the mud. that was my easiest win. i think i was 1/2 lap ahead of the 2 other guys that was able to finish.

have you seen any of the TPC Trikes or other 450 conversions going on now?
    TPC Trikes Are Awesome

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jensenracing77 View Post
    lol, when i was racing full time in 2001 we had a mud race. i put on the stock 400EX tires and everyone was laughing at me when i got the the gate. after the race i was laughing at them for blowing up all there 2 strokes with 18s in the mud. that was my easiest win. i think i was 1/2 lap ahead of the 2 other guys that was able to finish.

have you seen any of the TPC Trikes or other 450 conversions going on now?

Yes I have seen them on here. We wouldn't have known how to ride those trick trikes!lol

--
    this is how you ride them,lol

sorry guys, i just had to show off for a legend.... isn't this when i should crash and make a fool of myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_8680.jpg  
    TPC Trikes Are Awesome

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jensenracing77 View Post
    this is how you ride them,lol

sorry guys, i just had to show off for a legend.... isn't this when i should crash and make a fool of myself.
    Been there,done that.Only I only hade 6 inches of travel and no landing ramp!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jump.jpg 
Views:	467 
Size:	270.2 KB 
ID:	118449

--
    Boy I wished I was a little bit older in the 80s to have been able to participate,thats why the big 3 or hell even the euros need to bring em back for 36 year old kids like me that missed the 1st runs of these.Kind of like the 2nd coming of musclecars

--

That is pure talent, Jensen seems to have awesome talent too; Man what a leap Mickey!!

I have an 86 200X head that came from you, opened WAY up as you stated they had flow issues..............
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    That is pure talent, Jensen seems to have awesome talent too; Man what a leap Mickey!!

I have an 86 200X head that came from you, opened WAY up as you stated they had flow issues..............
    Are you sure it came from me? The reason I ask is I don't open ports up very much unless it's a big valve head.

--
    It only changed a few hands, I missed the auction on the 28/30? mm carb/intake and exhaust; But got the head and race cam.

The person who got it for me is a member and a stand up guy so I believe it, or at least what he was told. . It had a much larger intake with large ports seemingly dremeled or shaped with a carbide burr, nice lines - not hacked...............
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Blog Entries

you just got owned by mickey dunlop!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Raffa View Post
    you just got owned by mickey dunlop!!!!
    And you spelled his name wrong in BOLD
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dcreel View Post
    And you spelled his name wrong in BOLD
    LOL That's not as bad as the guys at the mags spelling it Dunlap and Dunlop in the same write up. I guess they wanted to cover their bases. It's no big deal to me I have been call a lot of thing,Dunlop isn't that bad.

Only thing I didn't like was when Mickey Thompson got killed and people were calling Powroll saying how sorry they were to hear about Mickey!

The best was when Dunlop ran a win ad for the OK city mud race "Dunlap wins on Dunlop's" and I got paid for it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //