//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ignition timing advance

--

ignition timing advance

I know you can advance the YFS200 blaster by 3-4 degrees and gain a great deal of power(2-3hp). What about the old school, YT175? The blaster is a revision and updated version of the YT175.

Here is a picture of the timing from the manual:

By rubbersalt at 2011-03-23

If adjusted, how much? or what should i be looking to achieve when adjusting?
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    bump! im interested about that aswell

--
    Vito makes degree keys for the blaster. i would say they should probably fit. I think up to 4 degree advance is usaully ok. I will look into it when i get a chance, and i will try to post here when i find out.
    Any one have some info there?

--
    what is the setup of the trike you want to advance the ignition timing on? mostly stock? also do you know where there is a timing curve chart available like this one for the blaster? or other models?

most, mostly stock blasters benefit from a 3-4* timing advance on the stator plate. you can do this your self by notching the plate and turning it clockwise. it is best to use a degree wheel to get this spot on. but these are really close to 1mm=1 degree. i would reccomend running it on 93 MOR with the advanced ignition timing to avoid detonation issue's. hope this give you some insight, they are simliar engines.

WWW.NOLOGYCOILS.COM
    im now offering custom fabrication services: drag- bars,steering stems,footpegs,swingarms,drag struts ect.
    also extended steering stems,steel swingarms and custom drag chassis.
    quality 4130 chrome moly material
    PM for a quote

--
    Awesome to see ya here stroked, it's a somewhat built set up. I want to say i saw 1 for the blaster while back. I'll have to look for it again. I was thinking a few degree advance my self.
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    Just to clarify for those that have not had there YT engine apart yet (me).
    The degree key will work in the YT but has the possibility of breaking?
    Does the YT have a moveable stator plate?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberSalt View Post
    Awesome to see ya here stroked, it's a somewhat built set up. I want to say i saw 1 for the blaster while back. I'll have to look for it again. I was thinking a few degree advance my self.
    if you could email me that chart for a blaster, or a link, it would be much appreciated. i do not get on here very often. if you need any help gimme a holler. have a good one!

WWW.NOLOGYCOILS.COM
    im now offering custom fabrication services: drag- bars,steering stems,footpegs,swingarms,drag struts ect.
    also extended steering stems,steel swingarms and custom drag chassis.
    quality 4130 chrome moly material
    PM for a quote

--
    The plate isn't moveable... but you can make it move.

I've got a second plate imma measure out and notch over. Give me some adjustments.

--
    Glad to say, I've advanced the timing 5 degrees this evening.

Yes. Its been 12 years. Lol

--
    Well how's it run? Fire breathing monster that has all the 250Rs in the neighborhood running for cover?
    Hoarder of the finest junk

'82 YT175
    '83 YTM200
    '85 KLT110
    '86 Moto 4 225
    '84 TRX200 trike conversion.
    '87 Tecate 4
    Lots of vintage and not so vintage two wheeled stuff.

--
    Interested to hear as well! I've been learning about ignition advance/retarding some and it's backwards of what a 4 stroke wants and what I originally though. The theory says that you want as much advance low in the RPMs and as little advance at higher RPMs.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //