//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What's up with this stock 250R seat.... Possible '87 R??

--
    I dont know about the cover, but that is a TRX seat pan. See how it fits it has a lip on the very edge, and drops down real far. The TRX seat pans fall down inside the fender. The ATC fit on and bolt on top.
    Also the seat bracket is to far back for an ATC. The ATC's fit below and are covered by the pan, see how that one stick out of the back like the TRXs do.

Like I said, I cant say anything for the cover..... but it does look like the pic of the 87 (very cool, Ill agree). As for the pan, it is a TRX that looks like it was converted to fit an ATC.
    My theory is, this seat was savaged from the cut up 87s and survived this long (we all know the story of chopping up all 87 250R ATCs in 3 pieces.. I have seen proof of that myself)

--
    Well dont want to burst any bubbles on this(cuz its cool) but there is a place in california that will put whatever you want on the sides and back of seat covers for around 65$. I remember calling them cuz I wanted 350X on the side.........peace
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

Ride fast...........brake late............and Slide the rear!

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottZJ
    Well dont want to burst any bubbles on this(cuz its cool) but there is a place in california that will put whatever you want on the sides and back of seat covers for around 65$. I remember calling them cuz I wanted 350X on the side.........peace

Yes, but what are the chances of someone seeing the 87 ATC's brochure here on the site (I say here because this is the only place I've ever seen it, even MR ATC when I first showed it to him said he'd never seen it before) Finding a company to print that on the seatcover, and getting the company an accurate enough picture to make the seat cover like that, then to list it on ebay and sell it? Possible, but slim in my opinon.

--
    Chainsaw..... indulge us in the '3 pieces' story of chopping up the '87's. I know they crated leftover '86 350X motors, but what did they do with the rest of the bikes?

Scott.... If you are talking about Hi-Flite in CA, they do not do full HONDA replicas due to copyright and $$$$ when HONDA tried to take them to court!

Bruce
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    my cousins friend makes him custom seat covers for any atc, atv or dirt bike, he told me that he could put whatever i wanted on a seat cover, my cousin said that he does amazing work. When i need a new seat cover he'll be the first person i call. :-D
    1985 350x
    1985 atc70

2006 ltz400
    2017 z125pro

3WheelHouston is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Let's make bootleg 87 seatcovers and sell them to unsuspecting victims on ebay for absurd amounts of money! j/k
    It ain't no fun unless you kin git hurt doin it.
    Rides: YTM-225DX, 2x YTM-175, KLT-160, ATC-125M, ATC-250SX, ATC-200x, ATC-200E

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaATC
    Yes, but what are the chances of someone seeing the 87 ATC's brochure here on the site (I say here because this is the only place I've ever seen it, even MR ATC when I first showed it to him said he'd never seen it before) Finding a company to print that on the seatcover, and getting the company an accurate enough picture to make the seat cover like that, then to list it on ebay and sell it? Possible, but slim in my opinon.

yes this was the first place i saw the brocher but, 87 250R pics have been around since sept 86 when 3wheeling mag. showed a promtional pic of the 87 that was supposed to be avalible in canada.

i used to do screenprinting and it would not be hard to take a 86 seat cover and take it to a screenprinter and "fill" in the A like the 87 style.

i'm not saying this is the case but it would be simple enough.

also it could just be a "87" part because Honda may have done a little parts update. let me explaine with a example...

i had a 1986 CR 500. the "CR" logo was outlined in white but the inside of the "CR" was blue. in "87" the CR was solid and slanted. when i laid my 500 down one day i ripped the cover. when i ordered a new Honda cover although i ordered a "86' cover, the cover i got actually had the 87 logo. when i asked them why they said thats all that was avalible Honda updated the logo and thats what you got. nowadays thats not the case but i have a good reason to belive that back then the seatcover supplier did not keep previouse years patterns.

who knows, and personally i like the 86 style better, but if this seat goes really high i just may fill in my 86 cover and sell it as a 87

--
    i dont see how a company could get away with making a repleca. the HONDA on the back makes it so that they would get in HUGE trouble for it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS_350X
    i dont see how a company could get away with making a repleca. the HONDA on the back makes it so that they would get in HUGE trouble for it.
    Well they were going to make me a cover with either ATC or 350X on the side...dont think they were going to put honda on the back. But I have a bro that is hooking me up instead anyway...........peace
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

Ride fast...........brake late............and Slide the rear!

--
    I emailed the guy and here is the responce that I got.

NO! its off an 86, i took off myself! I know 3 wheelers inside and out. An
    87 is a very rare 250r not many were made that year because of the law.
    Thanks Mark
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: <sassysherbert@tds.net>
    Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 3:46 PM
    Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2437692292

--
    here's what he said in two e-mails to me:

You know, I checked out the other 86 seat I have and the writing ATC is different, it may be an 87 after all??? The seat cover looks stock to me, not after-market. Can't say for sure, thanks ,
    Mark

I took it off an 86 250r 3 wheeler I have. I don't know what is so special about these seats ( I've had lots of emails about it) I have had 15 250r 3 wheelers in my lifetime. Thanks for your interest, Mark

I wrote him back telling him to check the tag on the frame and also told him that 87's are non existant. This was at approximatley 7:00 pm friday eastern time.
    1986 ATC 250R(for sale), 1963 AceCraft boat w/40HP Evinrude, 1981 Arctic Cat El Tigre' 440 L/C, 1992 GMC Safari Van.

--
    stop harassing the poor guy

--
    keep trying to find out some info....they guy may know about ATC's but he may let proof of an 87R slip right by as well.

SEND ME PM HERE - CLICK HERE

1986 ATC 250r, 1986 Tri Z, 1990 LT 500R "Quadzilla"

Dirtbikes:

1994 KTM 550 MXC (yes its a two stroke...66 hp stock!)
    1988 Yamaha DT

--

cut up honda 3 wheelers

burgard cycles near york PA found a guy in loisanna i think that knew of the scrap yard that had a lot of parts from the cut up 3 wheelers. he got about 150 complete rear ends from swing arm back. he got mostly 85 and 86 atc 250r's and some 85 and 86 350x's . and alot of nice fenders and headlites from 250r's and 350x's. he got a couple 350x engines andc a 86 200x and 250sx engine. he got the stuff about 5 years ago. i got mint front fenders and scoops from him. the place just had the stuff heaped in a big pile. i remember around 1988 at my local honda dealer you could get the wheels,tires and hubs from the cut up atc's for $80 a piece. they cut the frame in half thats what i heard.
    JASON LISKEY

1985 atc 250r ---- finsh line axle,.fmf exhaust and rictor privateer silencer, prm grab bar.
    2008 KTM 525xc quad ----- HMF exhaust, HRE chromoly stem,
    86 trx 250r --- with after market chromoly frame and everything else done to it
    01 400ex --- with 86 trx 250r motor
    87 250x + 93 300ex both 350x powered
    2 = 86 atc 350x's
    86 atc 250r
    83 atc 185s --- from retired guy not ridden since 87
    Bandito framed 110 with 85 motor and yellow us90 fenders + tank

--
    jason you have the number of the place that has all these "cut up" atc's i need some parts

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //