//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "Bandito" 90/110

--
    Here are a few more items I have for this project. I need to sand blast the headlight housing. I may or may not use the carb . It was part of the deal with the PCCC front end. I also got an NOS vented front fender with the deal. I'm going to use the steel fender on this one though.
    I also got the engine running from the donor 110 today. It sounds pretty good. I will probably leave it pretty much stock this year. I need to get it out and ride it a little before I tear it down. Hopefully next weekend I can get that done. I'm starting to run out of time if it's going to be done for TF.

Appalachian American Racing
    the home of
    Appalachian American Engineering

"Can't", never could do nothing

There's nothing like the sound of screaming 2strokes and the smell of race gas in the air

--
    Can any of you 90/110 guru's tell me what type of forks they used with the PCCC front ends. One side of the ones I got seems pretty springy. The other side seems to work ok. If I knew what to get, it would be sweet to go ahead and rebuild them now and get it over with.
    the home of

There's nothing like the sound of screaming 2strokes and the smell of race gas in the air

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
    Can any of you 90/110 guru's tell me what type of forks they used with the PCCC front ends. One side of the ones I got seems pretty springy. The other side seems to work ok. If I knew what to get, it would be sweet to go ahead and rebuild them now and get it over with.
    What do they measure in diameter? YZ80 and CR80 forks were commonly used but you can count on about anything that worked at the time. Best to just pull the seals and measure them. Or they might have sizes on them that are readable.

--
    The pccc forks set up use the same seals as a 83-85 atc 200x 33mm . LMK if you want to sell or traid that carb I need a few pieces off of it to restore another one I have .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    The pccc forks set up use the same seals as a 83-85 atc 200x 33mm . LMK if you want to sell or traid that carb I need a few pieces off of it to restore another one I have .
    Thanks for that info on the forks. I noticed that the forks have caps on top. no way to pressurize them. I doubt that I'll really need it but is there any caps that will fit that can be adjusted via adding a little pressure?
    As far as the carb goes, I'm undecided at this point. The only thing I saw that looked different was the chrome cap. It looks like an old 2stroke carb to me. I have an intake for it and a few other carbs that we use on the 70s that we flat track. They are all tricked out. One of the guys that has a track on his property used to own a motorcycle, atv shop back in the day. He's built many a stroker in his day. He still has a small machine shop at his house. I'm going to let him work a little magic on my engine this winter. Until then I think I'll stay stockish with the engine. I may run a bigger intake and carb with a pod filter and a pipe but that's about it. I just want to ride it this summer!!
    the home of

--
    I found an old Kerker exhaust that I'm going to use on this project. The headpipe is in rough shape but I know a guy at a muffler shop around here that can bend me a new one if he has the old one as a pattern. The muffler seems to be in pretty good shape for the age. Now all I need is some wheels and tires.
    I also got the 84 110 running and rode it a little. I'm going to get the carb off and clean it and then take it out again and see if it's worthy of putting on this project for the summer. I had to keep the choke on part way for it too run. I also noticed that occasionally it would go from neutral to 2nd and I would have to shift it down into 1st. It could be because it was idling a little high from time to time. I think the throttle cable is junk and sometimes it would hang up. I have a good one I'll put on when I'm cleaning the carb and see if it shifts up into 1st ok then.
    the home of

--
    Your tranny problem is prob a broken shift drum stopper . Easy to replace .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Here are the pics of the pipe that will be going on this project.

the home of

jadleybray is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I believe that Kerker was on ebay? I was watchin that too!!

--
    Nice job on your custom 90.
    I got a question. Maybe a dumb one. But I picked up a 1976 ATC90 missing most of the engine and wiring. I bought it for the parts to put on my 79 ATC110. Tires,Tank and some other parts. I have a descent ATC90 rear fiberglass fender that came with it. I,m thinking of using it on a newer ATC110 1985 frame to make it look like a old ATC90. It was missing the seat and cushion. Do the ATC90's have a seat pan like the ATC110 do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 80's atcdude View Post
    Nice job on your custom 90.
    I got a question. Maybe a dumb one. But I picked up a 1976 ATC90 missing most of the engine and wiring. I bought it for the parts to put on my 79 ATC110. Tires,Tank and some other parts. I have a descent ATC90 rear fiberglass fender that came with it. I,m thinking of using it on a newer ATC110 1985 frame to make it look like a old ATC90. It was missing the seat and cushion. Do the ATC90's have a seat pan like the ATC110 do.
    Mine didn't but it could be aftermarket fenders on mine.
    the home of

--
    I'm slowly picking up the parts I need for this build. The second 110 I picked up for parts didn't have a brake drum so I asked my son if he had an extra brake rotor and hub for a 2nd gen 250r so I could check to see if it would fit on the 110 axle. It did! So I started looking for a mechanical type brake caliper that I could use with it. I found one! It has provisions for a cable and the foot brake. It's on the way with the 3 bolt front hub. I also picked up two more wheels for it.
    I also got some more seat time on the 84 110 that will donate the engine for the time being. I got the carb dialed in a little better and think the transmission is actually ok. The more I rode it the better it got. Looks like I may make TF11 with it after all. It won't be the finished product but I'll get to work out the bugs this way.
    the home of

--
    i wanna see the rear brake set up
    85 Atc 70
    86 Atc 125m
    85 atc 350x
    86 atc 250r
    86 Atc 250r TT build
    85 Big Red bought brand NEW
    2012 Honda Goldwing Gl1800

--
    any progress?
    1974 atc 90 project underway cuzzztom