//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: thinking about buying a 1985 honda 200es big red

--

thinking about buying a 1985 honda 200es big red

a guy offered to sell me this big red that he just put rings in for $250. i know it runs good but i was wondering how they do in the mud? i had a 250 big red and it was awesome for mudding at my place. so any info is appreciated
    BALLS TO THE WALL!! WHEN IN DOUBT GUN IT!

--
    If it's a 200es, then it's an 84 not an 85. The 85's were 250es.

dirtdemon is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    200es does great in the mud. just no suspension on the rear but its a shaft drive.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MojaveRider223 View Post
    If it's a 200es, then it's an 84 not an 85. The 85's were 250es.
    there IS a 84 200ES. and there is an 82-83 200E. there is also an 85-87 250ES
    Just fyi.

I have the 82 200s and the 84 200es. the 200ES has reverse where the E does not. the ES = electric start/ Shaft drive

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    I have no problem with my 200s in the mud, so an es should tap that a$# as well. get it kid kash!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    there IS a 84 200ES. and there is an 82-83 200E. there is also an 85-87 250ES
    Just fyi.

I have the 82 200s and the 84 200es. the 200ES has reverse where the E does not. the ES = electric start/ Shaft drive
    Isn't that what I said? A 200ES will be an 84, not an 85.

--
    My 84 200es, will outdo my 250es in mud, and all working conditions so far.
    This is my trike. There are many like it but this one is mine. My trike is my best friend, and it is my life. I must master it as I must master myself. My trike without me is useless. Without my trike, I am useless. I must ride my trike true. My trike and I know that what counts is not the amount of miles we ride, but the time we ride together. My trike is human in it's own ways, therefore I will learn it as my brother. I will learn it's weaknesses, it's strengths, it's parts, and it's soul.

acidburn is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    my 185s out does my buddys 250 big red in the mud i think it all comes down to weight

250Eddie is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    yes the 84 200es is sweet in the mud with some nice wide tires with VERY VERY low air pressure, on my 25s on both of the 200es i got they dont even have 1 PSI of air just so it dont hop alot when going thru the dirt roads
    87-250sx
    86-300es Big Red,The Beast
    85-250sx Tiny SwampThing
    85-250es Big Red
    84-70 ( My Sons Bike )

--
    i suspect the reasonthe 200 does much beter is weight. the 250 moidle has nearly 100lbs on the 200 one.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    well its an 84 then. i forgot what the guy said. but anyways i have some 32" wooley boogers (im pretty sure there 32's) that are real wide. there from the 80's i beleive, and thats what i plan to put on it. and also i know it would be alot of work, but has anybody ever added rear suspension on one? i have to rally good 4wheeler shocks that i was thinking i may be ably to use if i could make some sort of swing arm

--
    Hmmm, I don't know if you could fit '32 inch tires on a 200es, or any 200 for that matter. Even if you could it takes alot to turn tires that big and heavy.
    This is my trike. There are many like it but this one is mine. My trike is my best friend, and it is my life. I must master it as I must master myself. My trike without me is useless. Without my trike, I am useless. I must ride my trike true. My trike and I know that what counts is not the amount of miles we ride, but the time we ride together. My trike is human in it's own ways, therefore I will learn it as my brother. I will learn it's weaknesses, it's strengths, it's parts, and it's soul.

--
    For example, in my profile pic my 200es has some big 25" TurfBusters, which are almost as big as can fit and not have to cut fenders, if you could it'd be way too close for comfort, and you'd have fender getting in the tires, especially if you manage to add rear suspension. I'm currently running 22" on it for now, but 25" tires are the way to go on these.

--
    well whatever size they are i have them on a 1985 125m right now. but they barely fit. and yeh it would take alot to turn them. i know theyre huge and i could have sworn they were 32's but idk

--
    ok just went and looked at them. idk where i got 32 from lol. they are 25x13's lol

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //