//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 1986 Yamaha 225 Tri Moto

--
    yes the 225 doesn't use a decomp cable, you just flip the lever up on the cylinder head and pull the rope. the switch will fall back down as you pull the rope so you need to flip it up every time you go to pull her to start. no electric starter? i hate pull starting mine, its a bear to start up if its been sitting for a few weeks.

--
    I did end up using a drill lol.

--
    Got some more spec books in the mail which happened to include the YTM225DR, spark plug gap spec is 6mm. Sadly the DX specs page is missing, they were such terrible books (binders), I bought 4 and lots of overlap, and still missing a fair number of pages :-/. Anyway, pretty sure the DX and DR has the same ignition specs/parts.

DSHOT59 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    the drain plug must be a Yamaha thing mine won't come out either ,I pulled the oil filter cover and tipped it to that side and got out as much as I could. Figured it was better then nothin.
    No trike left behind
    1983 Ytm 200
    1983 Honda 200
    1982 Honda 185s
    1983 odyssey fl 250
    1987 yz 250

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DSHOT59 View Post
    the drain plug must be a Yamaha thing mine won't come out either ,I pulled the oil filter cover and tipped it to that side and got out as much as I could. Figured it was better then nothin.
    Suggest you order a new one while they’re still available and get the old one out. There’s a strainer basket in there that needs to be cleaned and you probably didn’t get all the old oils out.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Re jetted with the old main jet and she's running way more smooth.

--
    Now the next thing is wiring the kill switch because that ain't working. Also it's a real pain to get into and out of reverse. Amy thoughts? PS I feel like I hijacked this thread but everyone has been so helpful

--
    Update. Was filing way to high for smooth shifting from reverse to forward.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //