//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Nerf bars on 1985 atc250r v2

--

Nerf bars on 1985 atc250r v2

I don’t know if you guys saw or remember my other thread about my custom made nerf bars. I decided to make those to see if I would like nerf bars on a trike. Turns out, I loved them. I felt much more confident racing around corners because I knew if my foot slipped off the foot pegs, something is there to save me. I also felt more confident jumping the bike off some small jumps since I knew my foot was not going to be ran over by the tires.

Here is the thread with my custom made nerf bars.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...highlight=nerf

I rode with these custom made nerf bars for a few months and decided I wanted something that looked nicer and would hold up better.

So I bought these off of egay for a good price.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I hooked them up last night and took a 45min ride with them. Needless to say I am stoked. I love them. They look awesome and help give me that confidence. I still need to figure out how to secure the back of the nerf bars to the foot pegs. Two of the came loose while riding. There isn’t enough thread on the bolts to tighten the nuts all the way. Back to the hardware store.

My Rides:
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r - Want to trade for TRX250r
    1989 Suzuki LT-160

Auto_Demon is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    nice. i considered putting nerf bars on my trike too
    1985 Honda ATC 310R

"Man your 4 wheeler must be fast, cuz you were haulin' ass, when I passed you on 3 wheels"

--
    Here is some more pictures to show how it looks.

My Rides:
    1985 ATC 250r
    1989 Suzuki LT-160

--
    Looks great. Much stronger/safer looking than your first set. I'm planning on a set of Warrior nerf bars for my 200x in the near future. I had a close call this weekend at the motocross track. My foot almost went off the front of the peg landing a jump. Track was wet and mud on peg. Just got done sharpening up my pegs.

'85 Honda 200X
    '85 Honda Big Red 250es
    '85 Honda 250R
    '82 Honda ATC 70
    '87 LT500R Quadzilla

BRUP!!!!!!!!

jrsqlc is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    now you need some fat pegs

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsqlc View Post
    now you need some fat pegs
    I agree, i have been looking for some but have not found any.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking about getting another set of pegs and somehow bolting/welding them to the other pegs.
    My Rides:
    1985 ATC 250r
    1989 Suzuki LT-160

--
    How did you go about mounting the bars to the front of the trike? Welded a bracket or U bolt? I have a set of Warrior nerf comin in the mail for my 200x. Planning on the footpeg mount for the rear, like yours.

'85 Honda 200X
    '85 Honda Big Red 250es
    '85 Honda 250R
    '82 Honda ATC 70
    '87 LT500R Quadzilla

BRUP!!!!!!!!

--
    Here are mine I used stock trx 450R pegs and Rath racing heel guards and peg extenders. I got adapters from Jason Hall. All Ive done is bolt them on and cut off the part that would mount to the upper frame. I'm pretty sure I can fab up some metal pieces that will bolt to the ATC frame's chain roller and shock resivor on one side and the rear master cylinder on the other.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0239-1.jpg   DSCF6203.jpg  
    ]1986 ATC 330R
    1985 ATC 250R vintage PSI racing ported motor
    Get your replacement ATC 250R decals and custom Big Bore #'s here http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/catego...=2&pagegroup=1

--
    Those heel guards look pretty dam nice. I ordered some Tusk alluminum heel guards for a 400ex to go with the nerfs. Couple a close calls with the feet slippin off the pegs in the last few weeks at the track. Pegs are nice and sharp too. Got about three big jumps to clear at my favorite track, but not without nerfs and heel guards. Soon they will be mine!

a couple links to the nerfs and guards I bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

'85 Honda 200X
    '85 Honda Big Red 250es
    '85 Honda 250R
    '82 Honda ATC 70
    '87 LT500R Quadzilla

BRUP!!!!!!!!

--
    The nerf bars look pretty cool, I have been thinking about putting some alum. heel guards on my 400X.

--
    looks pretty good and i really dont like the look of nerfs on 3 wheelers. i think maybe use some collars on the long part of the bolts between the foot peg back and the plate of the nerf. that way it cant shift or slide at all. or maybe use a bolt that is threaded all that way and put at nut all the way up there before the final bolt on the end. that way it locks it to the peg more.

very clean, the angle and taper is just right
    TPC TRIKES

FSU Powersports

RNS Powdercoating

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mtsnieg View Post
    How did you go about mounting the bars to the front of the trike? Welded a bracket or U bolt? I have a set of Warrior nerf comin in the mail for my 200x. Planning on the footpeg mount for the rear, like yours.

With the custom made nerf bars i used a U-bolt, and drilled right through the bars and hooked it around the frame.

With the factory nerfbars, they had a spot where i could just drill a hole in the skidplate and bolt the front of the nerf bars to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pantera1975 View Post
    Here are mine I used stock trx 450R pegs and Rath racing heel guards and peg extenders. I got adapters from Jason Hall. All Ive done is bolt them on and cut off the part that would mount to the upper frame. I'm pretty sure I can fab up some metal pieces that will bolt to the ATC frame's chain roller and shock resivor on one side and the rear master cylinder on the other.
    How did you get in contact with Jason Hall? I've PM'ed him a few times asking about those adapters. I would like to buy a pair, maybe two.
    My Rides:
    1985 ATC 250r
    1989 Suzuki LT-160

--
    Not to shabby looking. I would get some spacers(alum?) from the nerf to the peg, that is alot of room there. But I do like it!
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    Looks good, but as said earlier get some spacers between the peg and the nerf bar. There isn't a lot of strength by having the bolts just hanging there, they will bend for sure.
    YTM-200, Wheeling machine!!!

1985 Honda 200x...

...Just a simple mild 200x

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //