//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84' Kawasaki KLT250 (c-2) No Spark!

--

Talking 84' Kawasaki KLT250 (c-2) No Spark!

I just picked up an old 84' Kawasaki KLT 250 and when I started going through it I found that the wiring was hacked and decided to do it up right. I've since hooked up a toggle switch to the ignition and a starter button for lack of key ignition. But while doing so crossed a live power wire, and fried the fuel pump, when that happened I lost my spark, cause since then, I've gone through and replaced most of the "hack job" and wired it up correctly I think. But Still NO Spark! I bought a New Coil - No Spark, New Plug, and New Fuel Pump and that works when I turn it on, but Still No Spark. I'm not sure how to check the Pulsar-Coil. And Nothing else melted except the tiny wire that goes into the old fuel pump. So no I'm at a stand still, if anyone noes anything about KLT's and the timing of them then please anything would help me right now.
    Wilson's Custom's

--
    So I found the problem; I was getting two wires mixed up, so now it runs and the timing is fine and so is the rest of the ignition system, but I fired it up and it started right up but the new cheap ass $40 universal in-line electric fuel pump just started leaking after 10 minutes of running. I'm considering installing a mechanical fuel pump similar to the earlier KLT250's. Has anyone done that? and if so who made the pump? Mikuni or Kienth?
    Wilson's Custom's

--
    Anyone have a diagram for these old klt250c mines a 1984 and I have no spark. I have a understanding of electrical and have a multimeter to troubleshoot all the components

--
    I bet the fuel pumps for the 85-87 trx350 4x4 would work just fine and be easy to mount
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    A bit more bulky, a fuel pump for a carb'ed car/truck from the 80's would probably work too. Not sure what psi the 3 wheeler carbs expect though, I think the car/truck ones are something like 9-12 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by rustywheeler View Post
    Anyone have a diagram for these old klt250c mines a 1984 and I have no spark. I have a understanding of electrical and have a multimeter to troubleshoot all the components
    As requested heres the wire diagram. It's probably best to include which "C" model it is since sometimes there can be more than one. Your machine should be a 1984 Prairie - KLT250-C2. If you need a section in higher res let me know. The same diagram covers a ton of different machines so it's a bit of a pain to follow.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //