//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Budget Build. Saving a 250R and Calfab

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    One little update..

Curt may recognize something here.

Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Nice build!!!! And I am really looking forward to meeting you at trikefest this year...
    86 Tri-Z
    86 Honda 250R,
    84 Tecate

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Went to a good home.

--
    God all I want is a nice looking R to buy. Within a days drive would be sweet......
    1984 Honda 200X
    1999 Kawasaki Bayou
    2000 XR 200

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    We recieved the CalFAB for this project and it was a very solid piece but needed some repairs for cosmetics from years of use.

You know, I got to hand it to Flyin Brian. He has been busy as heck and I managed to stop by and he made time to fix the swinger for Tammy's build. Not only that, but he ALWAYS finds ways to make something better than it was.

For instance. He made the point that how could CalFab make such beautiful works of art, and then fall short on the slider configuration. As some may know, they used 2 flat stock plastic rails and drilled wood screws into the arm for chain protection which was adequate at best. You can see the damage on this swinger before repairs. Well Brian came up with a simple solution. Weld up the screw holes and set it up for a stock chain slider. In which case I opted for the almighty beefy TM Designworks system. So all is fitted, repaired with new bearings and seals. a litlle more clean-up, drill and tap the slider bung hole and get the repop stickers from Blue and she's goin on..Good news, the ported top end hopefully is just about done this week as well.

Pics in order of swinger progress from getting it to wher it is now, and I still need to do some final cleaning on it when it's ready.

Chain rash damage before repairs..

Repaired damage

Out with the old in with the new sliders.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Darn nice build. I like these.

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    looks awesome rob

--
    Beautiful!

Do those TM Designworks sliders work with the nylon swingarm bushings available here on the 3ww shop? Just wondering because I got a conventional slider and I had to clearance the slider where it wraps around the front due to the bushings vs needle bearings.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 250r View Post
    Beautiful!

Do those TM Designworks sliders work with the nylon swingarm bushings available here on the 3ww shop?

Yes they do.

--
    Crap this build is taking forever. Reading back through, building 5 other trikes has really put this one on the back burner, but here is some teasers and progress, and I have more to add soon if you all still are interested.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Hey man progress takes time and most people don't stick with a build for this long.

It looks awesome so far.

--
    Ok, it is up and running. I have about 1 hour left of work to do and some major clean-up and detail work. The Calfab has a problem with the caliper mount bracket. Calfab placed the pin for the brake bracket too low and it causes the caliper to hit the swing arm gusset and the block off plate will not go on, nor can you adjust the chain. This gusset was ground away by another owner to "remedy" the problem. (You can see this in the dirty swing arm pics above) before Flyin Brian made the repairs. So what I will be doing is making a custom brake caliper plate to position the caliper back to the correct OEM position. Then All I have left is to run the rear brake hose and bleed it. I also have a like NOS front tire on a silver rim that I will be putting on when time permits. And Lastly, waiting on my Answer silencer, stickers and shroud stickers from Bruce, AKA Blue27. He was the one that did the Calfab stickers and I couldn't be happier with his work. For now, Retro Racer is just about done. I built this trike to mimic what a "period correct era" race trike might have had. No more no less.

Some specs.

.020 Stock engine with a CR head gasket, PJ36 mil carb, Paul Turner pipe, and answer silencer.
    CalFab stock length swinger, modified to be better by Flyin Brian.
    Durablue plus 4 axle
    07 YFZ front Master cylinder with braided Brake line
    Wave rear rotor
    NOS fork Boots
    NOS Hondaline Headlight Guard.
    OEM fenders, Tank, Seat and Shrouds.
    Titled PC'd Arizona frame.
    Some Ronnie Bling
    PC'd various Hardware. Hubs, rad brackets, etc.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Great work Mosh! I love this build! Looks amazing

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

--
    Looking good Rob! Nice work, as always
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    WOW! Well worth the wait, beautiful job!
    My Trikes...

-1985 Big Red

-1986 250r

-1984 200x

-1980 110

-1980 ATC 185

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //