//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My Budget Build. Saving a 250R and Calfab

--
    damn! Turned out amazing, sucker is C L E A N !!!! and that swinger is burly lookin!
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Thanks guys. It never was a hurry up build. We kinda just nibbled at it as time permitted. But man 3 years? It has been sitting in this shape for about 7 months, and I finally ordered a new pet cock to get it fired. We all build these things or clean em up, save em, etc, and the comments are always worth the hard word work in the end.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Can you get me in touch with the person who did the seat cover?

Looks Great!!

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Can you get me in touch with the person who did the seat cover?

Looks Great!!
    You betcha...

http://powersports.honda.com/ DISCO...

Or...
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...f-work-in-here

www.cosmicquads.com
    Last edited by Mosh; 10-05-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    It was meant to be a compliment, with the quality of your seat covers its hard to tell which is OEM.

--
    Oh okay...Duhh...I thought you were asking where it came from. It is the OEM seat..But I will tell her your comment. thx

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--

Okay if some of you have been following this thread you will remember the cal fab was in bad shape. Mostly due to the fact that over the years some owners ground the gussets down because of cal fabs improper pin location for the caliper stay bracket. This made chain adjustment almost nil and basically as the caliper wore the pads the top pin would dig into the swinger. If you look at the before pics on page 2 you can see this.
    So what I did was cut up a oem brake plate and relocated the pin portionof the plate. Works like a charm with full adjustment. There was still a problem with the brake block off clearing the gusset so I took care of that as well.

This trike is for sale now. However we are not really pushing that issue.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Noticed your plastic in pictures. While building it up not so shiny. Then when pretty much done you plastic was nice and shiny. What product do you use to make your plastic shine. I have done some research and some are using floor polish. Wondering what you are using, you obviously do great work and I would like to make sure that my bike comes out as nice as yours.
    Thanks.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Viffer View Post
    Noticed your plastic in pictures. While building it up not so shiny. Then when pretty much done you plastic was nice and shiny. What product do you use to make your plastic shine. I have done some research and some are using floor polish. Wondering what you are using, you obviously do great work and I would like to make sure that my bike comes out as nice as yours.
    Thanks.
    Sorry bud for the late response..Just went through some stuff and did not even see you posted.

The pics in the shop were of dusty fenders and poor lighting combined with a cold cellphone with a "foggy" pic.
    But to answer your question, I use Maxima SC-1 on all my fenders, and lightly polish it in after application with a soft rag..

I did have this listed for sale and decide to keep it due to a future deal with a long time Friend..Long story I care not to get into but in the end, is a great deal for him and I both...

But man oh man...
    I got inundated with emails from quite a few CL trolls....

The timely/impending deal with a long time friend, and combination of internet trolls and twits, probably ruined a good deal for somebody...
    Last edited by Mosh; 10-05-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    I don't know how I missed this one until now, but awesome job! I'm especially loving that restoration on the calfab.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //