//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 100% Original 1990 LT500RL

Beerside is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

100% Original 1990 LT500RL

Well, it's almost 100% original. It has an FMF pipe on it but I got the stock exhaust with it too. Besides these bikes were too restricted with the stock exhaust. Which 2-stroke ATV from the '80's wasn't?? Well Anyways, I purchased this about a couple months ago and it has quickly become my favorite ATV ever. The size and power of this thing is LARGE. It is very comfortable to sit on. If you're over 6 feet tall (Im not) this thing would be fine for you. After getting off this quad and then getting on a TRX250R I can't help but feel cramped and crowded on the TRX. And as far as the power goes, it has that big grunt down low and long legs up top. What a blast to ride, especially if your a 30 or 40 something year old Vet rider. And you just want to gas it and go up anything or anywhere. The suspension is stock but it is very plush and feels wide and stable. No need to modify the suspension on this. Im sure if they're are any other 'zilla owners out there they will agree these were some nice vehicles. If ever there was a machine the manufacturers should revive it would be something like this.

swifty is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    very nice! never have rode one but heard there wild have you ever rode a stock or mild banshee to compare this to power wise?
    ACT NOW THINK LATER!
    current trikes owned
    minty 86 250sx my rider
    pauter flat track framed 110-123cc with custom goodies
    pauter mx framed 110-123cc with aftermarket goodies
    joker framed 90-108cc with front suspension
    2007 artic cat DVX 400
    dickson sprint framed 73 green us90 with 110 engine

--
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    very nice! never have rode one but heard there wild have you ever rode a stock or mild banshee to compare this to power wise?
    Hi Swifty, It's been 20 years since I last rode a Banshee at the desert so it's kind of hard for me to make a comparison too. But once I start claiming which is faster or better it will be like opening a can of worms. Everybody will jump in and it becomes a real sensitive issue. Hahaha, Lol :-)

tri-shee is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Nice , i would never get rid of that bike . You just don't see like that very often .

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    That is a real nice survivor. I spent some time on one my brother in law's he had.
    At 5.6, needless to say it felt large to me but did have gobs of torque.

For him at 6'11 and 320 lbs, it was what he needed since he looked like a circus chimp on his old LT 250R.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerside View Post
    Hi Swifty, It's been 20 years since I last rode a Banshee at the desert so it's kind of hard for me to make a comparison too. But once I start claiming which is faster or better it will be like opening a can of worms. Everybody will jump in and it becomes a real sensitive issue. Hahaha, Lol :-)

You got that right! I still remember all the Banshee vs 'Zilla shootouts in the mags back in the day. As a kid of 12 or so it was my favorite thing to drool over till I discovered ta-tas! LOL!

The 'Zilla was the holy grail for me, and I still have yet to own one..... VERY nice specimen you have there my friend!
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    The Quadzilla L-I-V-E-S!! I fianally got the front tires and wheels mounted and put them on. I didn't want to continue to wear down the original discontinued Bridgestone Dirt Hooks so I put this set on. Plus I think it gives it a more modern motocross look. Installed a brand new OEM seat and painted the rear grab bar. My son kept asking me if we could put a Race Number on it so we went ahead and chose our birthdate "14". I also had the blue # plate outlines re-made. (If anyone wants a set let me know, $18.00 shipped) So until I get the front A-arms off and get them powder coated that's going to be it for awhile with the 'Zilla. Now I just need to get this flathead back up and running again. Spending too much time with this damm LT500!! I finally got it sitting next to the TRX250R to compare them. I have to admit, I like the 'zilla more!

--
    That is a super nice lt500. your trx250r looks really clean to.
    HONDA WITH A WING AND A PRAYER
    1984 110 project
    1984 125 parts bike
    1983 honda 200x
    19 85x2honda 200x
    1985 honda 250sx
    1985 honda 250es
    polaris p3 should be a parts bike ***gas tank wanted**

--
    Well, if you REALLY like the 'Zilla more, you could always send me your TRX!
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //