//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 135 mph 350x???

--
    How would you keep the front tire on the ground with that kinda power I rode my uncles 250r and the tire would barly stay down in 3rd

--
    Quote Originally Posted by kylegrimes View Post
    How would you keep the front tire on the ground with that kinda power I rode my uncles 250r and the tire would barly stay down in 3rd
    have you ever seen the bikes they run on the salt flats? they have to push them to even get them moving on their own. I bet its the same type deal except you have to push it to 130 and down a steep hill

baycitysteve is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    i think all you guys are smokein pot !! i have a 350x built by tc racing engines to 486cc 89mm big bore and a 8mm stroker and there's no way it will go that fast !! i have 15/28 gearing and redlined it will do maybe 105-110 .. trust me i know i'm a four time quad ice racing champ from michigan and was clocked on a half mile track !! wide open all the way around !!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by baycitysteve:1049262
    i think all you guys are smokein pot !! i have a 350x built by tc racing engines to 486cc 89mm big bore and a 8mm stroker and there's no way it will go that fast !! i have 15/28 gearing and redlined it will do maybe 105-110 .. trust me i know i'm a four time quad ice racing champ from michigan and was clocked on a half mile track !! wide open all the way around !!!
    Your balls are bigger than mine could ever hope to be.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by baycitysteve View Post

If you're being honest: How much extra weight was the trailer?

That carried your ENORMOUS balls behind you.
    This is my trike. There are many like it but this one is mine. My trike is my best friend, and it is my life. I must master it as I must master myself. My trike without me is useless. Without my trike, I am useless. I must ride my trike true. My trike and I know that what counts is not the amount of miles we ride, but the time we ride together. My trike is human in it's own ways, therefore I will learn it as my brother. I will learn it's weaknesses, it's strengths, it's parts, and it's soul.

--
    is that a 350X engine on a quad? also, are you running out of power or RPM first? i am not saying i believe the 135 MPH claim, i just think it is possible to come close with the right setup. Tom it the best in the business, i would love to take your engine for a spin.
    TPC Trikes Are Awesome

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jensenracing77 View Post
    is that a 350X engine on a quad? also, are you running out of power or RPM first? i am not saying i believe the 135 MPH claim, i just think it is possible to come close with the right setup. Tom it the best in the business, i would love to take your engine for a spin.
    your right he is the very best hands down . i've have a poweroll 430 and a sparks big bore stroker and toms motor is so much faster .. he is very busy and it took a while but it is worth the wait for sure .. i will put my motor up aginst any 350x out there , without nitrous !!! one question though ?? how much does a 350x three wheeler weigh , i know my quad weighs 360 ready to race ??

--
    my ss350x !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

--
    I ran a 350x motor in a 250x frame at the TT nationals in the 90's , the motor was one of Tom Carlsons . 532cc , I was usually one of the front runners in the open pro am and in the 30 plus class no one would be close ! I ran 15/33 gearing with 18" american racers ... that would get me 70 couple mph down the straight at Ashtabula . It wasn't tapped out , but 107 mph ... don't think mine could do that to easily , even with taller gearing !! I quess it wasn't built right .

--
    i had 15/28 gearing with 20inch rear tires and a set of custom made skies in the front out on the bay in bay city michigan next to my buddies artic cat snow machine with a speedo .. i really wish i would of kept them damm skies they really worked sweet !!! i was about 10 ta 15 mph faster with the skies vs the tires !!! oh and i was looking for seventh gear , still felt like i could pull another gear ..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mac #81 View Post
    I ran a 350x motor in a 250x frame at the TT nationals in the 90's , the motor was one of Tom Carlsons . 532cc , I was usually one of the front runners in the open pro am and in the 30 plus class no one would be close ! I ran 15/33 gearing with 18" american racers ... that would get me 70 couple mph down the straight at Ashtabula . It wasn't tapped out , but 107 mph ... don't think mine could do that to easily , even with taller gearing !! I quess it wasn't built right .
    been there done that !!! awsome place to race tt .. sucked last time i was there i droped a valve and missed the main .. tom felt bad for me and took my motor home with him and fixed for free !! great guy !!

GeoD is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Ok guys. Here it is. The numbers are in. This is a stock 350X engine with sprocket and tire gearing mods. It can be done!!

(At least on paper)

ScreenShot034.jpg
    Last edited by GeoD; 09-29-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    Geo D
    1+2=ME
    My Toyz

--
    i don't think ud be able to get a 21 tooth sprocket to bolt up !!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //