//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: '86 250r Resto-Mod Build Thread

--
    Bryan, it looks amazing!!!
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Thanks Doug. It has been a labor of love to say the least. I do a lot of thinking about my Old Man when I'm working on it or just staring at it. Its weird how things like this bike and music that I listen to while working on it can stir up so many emotions. By pure chance I haven't turned on my CD player in the garage in lord know how long. There wasn't a damn thing playing on the radio so I hit the CD button. My dad's Motown cd that I made for him years ago was in there and now I have been constructing this thing to the tunes of Wilson Pickett, Sam & Dave, Ben E. King, Sam Cooke, ect. I won't clog the thread with too much of the emotional side of this build but it does have a huge impact on it.

It does feel good to share it with others though. As much as I love the bike for what it is, it means so much more to me in a personal sense. I would like to think I would be doing the same thing if this were a 185s or something.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Awesome!!! Glad to be a part of your top shelf Resto!!! It all started with a polished gas tank!!!!

Now get back in the garage and flip that plastic air scoop. It is on upside down!!!

Dam you Mike,,,I wasn't gonna say anything till it was DONE !!!!! Awesome job Bryan,,Just Pure 1st class all the way. Thank you so much for sharing this with us..
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Thanks for sharing Bryan, stunning at the least, that west coast swinger really sets it off! I enjoy these kind of builds and it's aloooot of working when you are doing a ground up resto . keep us posted!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Dam you Mike,,,I wasn't gonna say anything till it was DONE !!!!! Awesome job Bryan,,Just Pure 1st class all the way. Thank you so much for sharing this with us..
    If you don't tell anyone neither will I, but the other side was upside down also

Thanks for all the kind words guy's.

--
    Awesome, she's looking pretty sexy!! I'm in the same process, just totally different lol im leaving the coating for next year... Keep it up!
    '85 ATC 250R
    FMF Fatty & Power Core
    Boyesen Rad Valve
    38 PWK A/S
    K&N w/PF (next purchase)
    LSR +4 Axcaliber axle
    LSR Duel row bearing carrier
    DuraBlue Anti-fade (to be installed)
    13/36 sprockets
    '85 ATC 250R
    Parts trike (maybe future build?)

--
    Really nice work, Bryan! She looks awesome.
    Headed out to the blasting room here to strip an '86 frame for an OE build. Your pics are like a cup of coffee.
    Thanks for sharing!

--
    Those footpeg pics are a real shot in the arm! I'm sick,,,, but ,don't help me .

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

--
    Not really much progress, but I did get the radiators and triples put on. I got a really nice set of radiators and hardware off of ebay. They looked good, but I couldn't help but tear them apart, blast them and paint them. I think they turned out nice.

--
    Looking good. Started tearing down my 85 last nite. Motor has been out for a year and shipped it to BDT last nite. You got me more motivated thanks.
    ]1986 ATC 330R
    1985 ATC 250R vintage PSI racing ported motor
    Get your replacement ATC 250R decals and custom Big Bore #'s here http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/catego...=2&pagegroup=1

fire1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Awesome job very nice work

--
    really nice bike sir!!! when you talk about the emotional side, I totally understand, not for the same reasons as you but I do understand it 100%. that is why I enjoy wrenching on these bikes. it takes me back to different times, good times and memories of things long gone.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Bump!!! Sorry to derail your build thread.....but here is the +4 I traded you for the +2!!!! Blasted and painted ready to install.

Any updates?

--
    Assembling in the kitchen now I see Mike...lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Bump!!! Sorry to derail your build thread.....but here is the +4 I traded you for the +2!!!! Blasted and painted ready to install.

Any updates?

No worries man. It looks great. I don't have any updates just mainly waiting on parts. Once my TM chain slider comes in I can put the swinger on and yeagerb is polishing my fork tubes as we speak. So in the next couple of weeks it will start to take a little more shape.

I'm glad the swinger went to you Mike, now get it on a bike. BTW your wife must be a saint.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //