//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: '86 250r Resto-Mod Build Thread

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Assembling in the kitchen now I see Mike...lol
    Every inch of the house is subject to trike inventory!!! Parts are Mr. Clean!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    No worries man.

I'm glad the swinger went to you Mike, now get it on a bike. BTW your wife must be a saint.
    Glad you understand the thread BUMP!!! Trading swing arms for me demonstrates the positive side of our hobby!!!! I will install it directly!!

Tanya is a great wife and is a saint, I will forward on your sentiment!!

--
    I finally got some parts in and decided to make some headway on the bike. Put the new bumpstop on the NOS rear shock and powdercoated the spring, got my TM chain slider on, and the rear axle put in. Once the forks are done it will be a roller.

--
    There's that 86 chain roller and res mount! lol,,we NEVER stop learning. No matter how MUCH we love these things. Man Bryan that is just perfection. You SURE you wanna dirty that up???????????????????????? SOOO beautiful. Great work !
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    There's that 86 chain roller and res mount! lol,,we NEVER stop learning. No matter how MUCH we love these things. Man Bryan that is just perfection. You SURE you wanna dirty that up???????????????????????? SOOO beautiful. Great work !
    Yeah that '85 is a much more different animal than people think.lol I think it would be a shame to build it and then not give her the chance to stretch her legs a few times. Plus it would be nice to see the reaction it gets from of the some people at the park.

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    What type of bolt kit did you use? Is it one from ebay, re-plated OEM or NOS?

--
    Re-plated oem. I wire wheeled off all the corrosion and then had it re-zinc'd.

poohbee1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    looks great any updates

--
    Quote Originally Posted by poohbee1 View Post
    looks great any updates
    Unfortunatley not at this moment. Between work and working on co-workers street bikes that have been sitting for years with gas in the carbs, I haven't had much time to mess with it. My lower fork tubes should be done pretty soon. yeagerb is putting a show polish on them and once they are done I will be able to make it a roller.

I still need to order a newer front master cylinder from a newer quad, rebuild the rear master, and find out a color match for the '86 engine/brake calipers in powder coat. <That seems to be one of the hardest parts of this build.

--
    I would like to give a big thanks to yeagerb for polishing the fork tubes. They turned out great and are dirty as hell from me rebuilding the forks last night. The front forks are done and buttoned up. I still need to powdercoat the brake rotor and caliper and bend a new wire for the brake hose guide. I also want to thank RoscoW for the kick in the butt. Your turn Buddy

--
    Oh yeah Bryan, those turned out NICE! I love the way the look on your R. Thanks for letting me be apart of such a great build!
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

82 250r is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Looks great! Where did you get the stop for the NOS spring and the white plastic front seat mounts?

Very impressive build.

Marc

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 82 250r View Post
    Looks great! Where did you get the stop for the NOS spring and the white plastic front seat mounts?

Very impressive build.

Marc
    Thank you. The bump stop part # is SSBO03 and I got it through Amazon and the seat bushings are from xsystems here in the 3ww store.

--
    that is looking very very good!

--
    I think I'm gonna settle for this color for the engine. It's not exact but its pretty close. If this was an 100% oem restoration I would continue to punish myself in trying to find an exact match but I'm moving on with the build. This will also be the caliper color. I'm kind of ashamed to say its also in a . I vowed to not use any on this bike save for the special radiator paint from Eastwood but I'm tired of searching for a powder to match. Its Duplicolor Graphite Wheel paint and is heat/chemical resistant so we'll see how well it holds up. I also shot a pic of it on it's feet.

sinsayers is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    That is looking very sharp man, great work.
    1985 ATC 200X <Stock>
    1985 250 ES Big Red
    triplejssportinggoods.com

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //