//ArrowChat Code
Page 52 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: New England Ride??

Big Mike is offline Part time collector of phallic shaped objects. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I mean I am bringing 4 guys and we will be in 1 truck and 1 trailer so I am not going to show up with a pissload of trucks/trailers, etc. it will be my f250, with my 2 machines in the bed and 2 quads on a trailer, and the guys I am bringing are not party animals, troublemakers or the like. They are down to earth guys who want to ride. All machines will be registered that I am bringing.
    Currently Own:
    1985 ATC 250sx
    1986 ATC 350x
    1986 Polaris Scrambler 250R/ES (P3)

Projects/Parts machines:
    1980 ATC 185S

My Feedback Thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/124667-Feedback-for-Big-Mike?highlight=Feedback+for+Big+Mike

--
    Quote Originally Posted by brrcuda View Post
    my comments guys. these guys open up their yards and parking for us. too many people will many times especially on first visit over extend our welcome. if a big crowd I suggest everyone get legal and go to Pisgah state forest. plenty of legal parking and cruise trails.

the reason we usually go to Richmond is to go deep in the woods, many weren' regged the time. I would say the word is out from trail tendors to patrol for problems from locals or whatever......

idk otherwise.... I'll go wherever.
    Good Point! It's not like 3 or 4 guys showing up it's a small Army of trikers ETC. I'm down for where ever just want to have a good time and leave there with out pissing any of the locals or any of the guys in the ride off!!! In the end I'll be up there riding and I'm sure I'll have a good time so it's doesn't matter to me what people want to do....

--
    Just talked to my housemate (owner) and he said it doesnt make a difference if its 5 or 10 trucks. we got the room to park everybody. so if you guys wanna come to richmond its all good

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I want to thank you for looking into that Ant. That's going above and beyond and I really appreciate that.

I can see Paul's concern and I understand it completely. I know Paul isn't just concerned with parking, but just turning the whole ride into a shite-show in general.

Let me open this by saying I will be the first to bow out of this ride if it's just getting off the wall. I have no issues whatsoever with missing a ride, it's no big deal to me. I love seeing you guys and getting out there but it's not like I don't have anything else to do. I don't want to hear any weeping about what I'm saying here because I just said I have no issues with not attending. Put me at the top of the "cut" list if you want to.

Paul is a nice guy and he's putting it out there, but I know there are some guys here who may not be able to read between the lines and catch what Paul is saying. I'm just going to put it out there because I could give a shite less what anyone thinks of me.

You build up a ride like this with 100 people and it's going to be a circus. It's going to be a spectacle. I personally like a lot of numbers, so long as they're riding trikes. The more the merrier I feel. I've talked to other guys though and sometimes it's not the same feeling for them. Some of these guys like our little group. We all know each other really well, we know who has what, who can fix what, who can ride up what and at what speed. We know whose machines are up to snuff and whose aren't. Fawk, I can even tell ya what some of the guys are going to bring for lunch. I know Paul likes to fly under the radar and I can respect that. A group of 30 machines is not flying under the radar.

Now, Paul kind of "sets up" a lot of these rides and has been from the time that I started riding with people on this forum. I tend to look to him as far as what flies and what doesn't when it comes to the political end of this. From what I'm getting here, this ride might be getting slightly out of hand. I don't want to speak for Paul here, and I've not talked to him personally about any of this so I could be completely off-base here. In no manner, shape, or form do I want to scare anyone off from coming to our rides. This is a public forum and I thoroughly enjoy meeting everyone from the forums. However, this may or may not be the venue for this type of thing.

Now these are my words, nobody else's.

Cuts are going to have to be made, more than likely. If no cuts are made, there will be two different ride groups and if anyone has a problem with that they can start their own ride. The fast guys can not wait for the OFS guys, it just doesn't work. We found that out last time.

Right to the point- If cuts are made, these are my suggestions.

#1 Fabiodriven- Just doesn't give a shite.

#2 Bob the friggin plumber- For those of you who don't know, Dan's plan is to bring an out of shape 40+ year old guy, throw him on a Tecate for the first time EVER (first time on a trike as a matter of fact), and send him up the mountain with us. I've been lobbying against this since day one.

#3 Quad riders- Need I say more? This is a trike ride and yes, there will be quads every now and then. However, when the time comes to make cuts, they're gone. To Mike- I would love to ride with John Bob. He's my neighbor and a good guy. Maybe just bring him and not the other guys?

#4 Guy Mike met yesterday- Nobody knows this guy, he's not an enthusiast, doesn't own a trike, rode a Big Red once (seriously?), not on the forums.

Let the weeping begin. I don't give a fawk.

Also, let me tell you guys this- For 4 years now I've gone on rides with guys from this forum. People see my pics and hear my stories and they all want to come riding up in NH with me. I have hundreds of riding friends. And you know what I tell them? Very simply, I tell them NO. I ain't bringing a bunch of quad guys and bike guys to a trike ride. One or two out of ten? OK. But like I said, if cuts need to be made, they're gone. I've driven for hours by myself to make a trike ride with a total of 3 trikes when there are plenty of other people I could have dragged along for company. You guys that just started coming in this year, do your time before you start bringing in others. The group barely knows you guys yet and you're bringing Tom the grocer and Steve the street sweeper up with ya. The small pleasures in life can easily be sullied by the masses. In other words, we've got a good thing going here. Let's not ruin it.

Anyone who has a problem with any of this, that's great. Anyone don't like my attitude, I won't come.

Merry fawking Christmas.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 09-04-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Big Mike is offline Part time collector of phallic shaped objects. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    #3 - The likelihood of the other guy making is pretty slim, he is like Rego, will bail at the last second. But I mean, I defiently want Johnbob there. Johnbob can and will ride with the best of them, he's not skeered
    #4 - He has owned a big red and other 3 wheelers before, he is a good guy who is looking to have some fun riding with some guys. He can ride anything, just like I said, doesnt have anything to ride right now

So let the consensus speak, and I will see where the chips fall. I just want to have a good time and show some more people what fun 3 wheelers can be, and maybe convert some more quad riders, and I thought that what everyone else was about.

So I will keep an eye on this thread over the next few days.
    Currently Own:
    1985 ATC 250sx
    1986 ATC 350x
    1986 Polaris Scrambler 250R/ES (P3)

Projects/Parts machines:
    1980 ATC 185S

My Feedback Thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/124667-Feedback-for-Big-Mike?highlight=Feedback+for+Big+Mike

--
    i would just like to state a few things!
    nothing beats a trike only ride, hard to explain!
    i will ride with anyone!
    start getting over 10 guys in the mountains and its hard to keep them together regaurdless of ride type and skill level!
    Big mike kept up fine i thought last time out with him!
    make sure you are prepared to take care of yourself, or you have one guy who will tow you out! the whole pack will not suffer for broken machines or bones!
    dont be afraid to come alone if your capable, if i had'nt i would have never met a great bunch of guys!! Fabs bark is worse than his bite!!
    lets just ride guys!!

--
    "I want to thank you for looking into that Ant. That's going above and beyond and I really appreciate that"
    Agreed

"Paul is a nice guy and he's putting it out there, but I know there are some guys here who may not be able to read between the lines and catch what Paul is saying. I'm just going to put it out there because I could give a shite less what anyone thinks of me.
    You build up a ride like this with 100 people and it's going to be a circus. It's going to be a spectacle. I personally like a lot of numbers, so long as they're riding trikes. The more the merrier I feel. I've talked to other guys though and sometimes it's not the same feeling for them. Some of these guys like our little group. We all know each other really well, we know who has what, who can fix what, who can ride up what and at what speed. We know whose machines are up to snuff and whose aren't. Fawk, I can even tell ya what some of the guys are going to bring for lunch. I know Paul likes to fly under the radar and I can respect that. A group of 30 machines is not flying under the radar"

Agreed

"Now, Paul kind of "sets up" a lot of these rides and has been from the time that I started riding with people on this forum"

I know paul has been busy so I've been trying ot get hte ride going to help out not take over so I agree Paul get the last word IMO

"#2 Bob the friggin plumber- For those of you who don't know, Dan's plan is to bring an out of shape 40+ year old guy, throw him on a Tecate for the first time EVER, and send him up the mountain with us. I've been lobbying against this since day one"

Probably the right decision and will talk to him about doing a different ride with me at a differnt time so as not ot bother the group

I'm back to where i started on this whole thing I don't care who comes but if everyone comes then we need two groups not one huge group. That's my say. It's a free place to ride and no one can or should tell anyone else not to go. For me personally I just want to ride and have fun and not be stuck in a traffic jam all day. I hate traffic and deal with it on the weekdays. Riding is for going fast and having fun..

--
    Hey r u and I going ot co-ordinate some sort of lunch that involes cooking over a fire?

P.S Agree with what you said below

Quote Originally Posted by aldochina View Post
    i would just like to state a few things!
    nothing beats a trike only ride, hard to explain!
    i will ride with anyone!
    start getting over 10 guys in the mountains and its hard to keep them together regaurdless of ride type and skill level!
    Big mike kept up fine i thought last time out with him!
    make sure you are prepared to take care of yourself, or you have one guy who will tow you out! the whole pack will not suffer for broken machines or bones!
    dont be afraid to come alone if your capable, if i had'nt i would have never met a great bunch of guys!! Fabs bark is worse than his bite!!
    lets just ride guys!!

--
    heres my plan Dan!! this is something we used to do alot back in the day when we rode every sunday!

ingridients:
    2 lbs thin sliced roast beef
    bell peppers
    onions
    mushooms
    butter
    salt pepper
    beer
    block of pepper jack cheese
    bag of hard rolls or sub rolls
    1 med/large disposable roasting/caserole pan

make a small fire, get a bed of coals. put all ingredients in pan except meat and cheese and saute until tender, add meat and cheese and mix until meat is hot and cheese is melted! spoon onto rolls and eat!!
    the pan can be folded/crushed to fit in your pack, veggs can be pre-cut and zip locked! Its fast, cheap, packs up small and will feed alot! we can adjust amount depending who may want in!!

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Count me in Rory. I'll throw you some cash and carry whatever I can.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    WHat do you need/want me to bring or how much do I need to pay you to reserve my portion of the luch special? I can be incharge of starting a fire if you want?? I just order'd some Benol oil so everyting will have a nice castor oil taste to it after I use a little gas from the tank to get things going.... Mmmmmmm Two Stroke oil

--
    I'll bring everything and just collect a few bucks from whoever wants in! we can all carry something! If this sounds like something you may be interested in speak up! i will check back and get ingredients accordingly! If you dont speak up, dont be drooling over our samiches out on the trail!!

--
    I'm in. I'm not droolinnn,
    I could go for some snausage and hamburgers....... ill bring that.. haven't had any yet this summer . fish and chips and curry this summer for me......-)

been a while.... we doing rain or shine?????

--
    I'm in rain or shine but we might have to figure out something different for lunch it's raining

--
    I'll do rain or shine.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //